Author Topic: Moving to Springfield... Anyone have recommendations for house rental?  (Read 2003 times)

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
So i took a job in Springfield and will be moving from St. Louis. I am looking for short term housing (i am planning to go home to St. Louis until we find a place) that is reasonable.

I am also looking to rent or lease to own a house that is ok with 4 dogs. I am willing to pay larger deposit and monthly fee for the dogs, but getting rid of them is not something i will do - although one is older and probably doesn't have much longer

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
The best deals on rentals will probably be near any of the colleges. My two-bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment that was 700-something sq. feet, was only $575/month - and that included utilities, cable tv, and internet/wifi; I lived just a block up from the northern edge of the main bulk of MSU.

So, yeah, I would definitely look into houses that are near one of the colleges, in terms of pricing. As for dogs... not sure; I never had a pet in Springfield, and I was in an apt, not a house. Thankfully, the limit for number of dogs owned in Springfield is four, so you're good there.