Author Topic: The Track Family Fun Park To Add Huge Ferris Wheel  (Read 22708 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: The Track Family Fun Park To Add Huge Ferris Wheel
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 09:22:56 PM »
Pac Man Downward-Facing Dog Pose:

Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 11:45:20 PM »
Recent photo I took down on 76 looking at the wheel.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 08:42:01 AM »
I am really surprised they dont have this thing done for Memorial day.  I watched it lay on the ground for what seemed like a cpl of months.  It seemed like it went up in 2 -3 days and it sitting.  Letting a lot of money and exposure pass them by.  I think the wheel is a great addition to Branson but I dont look at this as a "trip maker".  I see this as a side attraction you choose because you will be in the area. They are letting a lot of possible riders pass them by.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 03:58:09 PM »
I am really surprised they dont have this thing done for Memorial day.  I watched it lay on the ground for what seemed like a cpl of months.  It seemed like it went up in 2 -3 days and it sitting.  Letting a lot of money and exposure pass them by.  I think the wheel is a great addition to Branson but I dont look at this as a "trip maker".  I see this as a side attraction you choose because you will be in the area. They are letting a lot of possible riders pass them by.

I'm going to be in Albuquerque on the Friday before Memorial Day and Cliffs isn't open, go figure. I had to shuffle the schedule around for this trip to accommodate my girl's manditory cheer camp. So no Cliff's or Wonderland.  So, I backloaded the trip with San Antonio for 4 days.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 11:00:10 PM »
They did hang all the gondalas on Memorial Day weekend but the grounds around it still looked it needed a lot of work before they got open.  I got a picture but it says it's too big or something.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 12:11:14 AM »
Have you seen the 360 video?  It's on the Haygoods Facebook page, along with some explanation:

Michael Haygood is an absolutely outstanding lighting genius and mad scientist inventor for our show but today we are extremely thrilled to let you know that Michael and his team designed and are installing all of the LED lights on the new Ferris Wheel here in Branson! This is a HUGE deal and we are SO proud of Michael!! This Ferris Wheel is the biggest and most amazing new attraction in Branson! The Team at THE TRACK had an incredible vision to bring it here to the 76 Strip and made it happen! The lighting system has 280 BARS with 16,000 smart mapped pixels and 144,000 individual LED'S!!! These are pixel mapped, smart LED'S
and the latest technology. The big reveal will be soon and we are INCREDIBLY STOKED!! Check out this 360 video brought to you by Midwest Virtual Technology. Its awesome.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 07:34:18 AM »
Yeah it's gonna be awesome.  It already makes such an impact on the strip IMO.  I knew it was there but actually seeing it coming into branson was absolutely amazing.  I can't wait to see it with the light show going.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »
On e done with this, they need to get down to ZDT in Seguin and check out Switchback, a similar coaster would be a great addition for The Track.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 11:06:28 AM »
I agree. I really think something like that to ride on the strip at night would be really awesome and a great idea for the tracks

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2016, 03:24:13 PM »
This is a compact coaster, something that would have been perfect for a Celebration City type place, maybe The Tracks could do something lime this. Check out the night time lighting at the end. I rode a very similar one at Galveston Pleasure Pier, it was a hoot. A much shorter Mystery Mine with no OTSRs.

http://youtu.be/l2jSGxQnjRg

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2016, 10:15:58 PM »
The lighting effects are amazing.  That would be something good for the tracks.  One of the things I love about branson are the things up and down the strip, I still love just walking or driving it and just taking it all in.  We have talked a lot about sdc doing a coaster over Indian point road but could you imagine seeing that type of lighting on a coaster traveling over 76? 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »
I will see mike haygood this weekend, be interesting to see what progress he has made, and when the official lighting begins...

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2016, 06:57:32 PM »
Hope to see ya some time in the next 2 days, sanddunerider!! Will for sure get a pictures of this BIG ole wheel.  :)
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 08:06:28 AM »
Big kickoff is set for this Thursday. the 23rd..  check facebook for current pics, and the grand opening...

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2016, 10:12:07 AM »
Just got back from a trip that wheel is big
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.