Author Topic: New Showboat Branson Belle survey  (Read 2885 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
New Showboat Branson Belle survey
« on: December 25, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »
I seem to get slammed when I mention the surveys I get but I did get another one this week about new Christmas shows for the Belle. Looks like they are interested in having "A Christmas Carol", "It's a Wonderful Life" or "Miracle on 34th Street" instead of the current Christmas variety style show.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Showboat Branson Belle survey
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 07:28:34 PM »
Based on the video I saw of the current Christmas show on the Belle that TimTracker did, that would be an *excellent* idea to do one of those classics instead. And it'd be pretty easy for them to do either Christmas Carol or Wonderful Life since they already have scripts/songs/etc for the ones at the park.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 08:03:26 PM »
Personally, I would rather see the current type of show, 

rather than a production number of one of the "classics"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »

Not me.  I want something unique to HFE, and not just another music/variety show.  In fact, I'd rather see an immersive experience than another concert.  That doesn't mean there can't be elements of variety embedded.

Seriously though, why can't they come up with a showboat show - something that is dependent upon the fact that guests are riding on a showboat.  Maybe come up with a comical hijacking of the Belle - a sort of train robbery on the lake.  Give us a reason for the show being on Table Rock and not on Hwy. 76.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 07:32:57 PM »

I'm agreed with you.

Leave the big productions in the park. I certainly don't want to see a duplicate of a show that's already at SDC, especially when they would have to size/ dumb it down because the boat doesn't have anywhere near the same size stage or capabilities as the park does.  They would compete against themselves and the boat would lose offering a shadow of the production that is already being done at SDC itself.

Productions like that also don't work quite as well with a meal, or if you give an intermission to go wander the deck.  A variety/ musical show has much more flexibility to be able to offer with that type of setting.

It should certainly be unique to the showboat, and having some sort of storyline through it to tie it together could be a lot of fun.  But leave the big productions in the park where they are able to do them much more effectively.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

jsgoode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 11:11:40 AM »
I agree that the boat should have a boat related show. I feel like the regular music shows they do, while still fun, don't really make sense on a boat. I think it'd be neat to have a more interactive show where the guest feels like they're part of the experience, instead of just watching musicians, which can be done on land. As far as Christmas shows go, I'd like to see something similar to White Christmas maybe, but instead of a ski lodge, it's about the ship. A custom production like that would probably work better than the productions mentioned in the survey.