Author Topic: New for HFE  (Read 4877 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
New for HFE
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:51:53 AM »
HFE is going a different way. Instead of keeping their minds on the parks, aquariums, etc., they are turning to....children's tv?

http://kidscreen.com/2016/01/20/pbs-kids-jumps-on-henson-herschend-family-entertainments-splash/

It seems HFE is starting to turn out kinda like Disney. Could we see a ride themed to this coming to SDC anytime soon?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New for HFE
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:01:23 AM »
I think this will work well with the Aquariums they own and Wild Adventures, they can even use this at the Water Parks but not so much SDC or DW. Stone Mountian is also not a good fit although with the recent Civil War issues and the cleansing of history I think Stone Mountian will end up on the back burner.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 09:23:29 AM »
Will work out great ( if it is a successful show) when either Herschend or SeaWorld buys the other out in half a decade.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »
Ah, I got this in a news alert last week and forgot all about it. This is actually a pretty huge development for HFEC.

“As we step into the IP and content business, the idea is to have a strong pipeline of characters and stories to activate in immersive ways for our guests,” says Wexler. “With additional IP, we can maybe turn Splash into an arena or theatre-touring production through our Harlem Globetrotter infrastructure.”

So just like back in the 60's, they're trying to emulate Disney.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:16:12 PM »
Very interesting. Can definitely see this being used in waterparks and the aquariums HFE owns.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 02:27:17 PM »
I've gotta say, I'm kinda super excited about this. If they were gonna partner with anyone, I'm glad it's Henson! And I could totally see this fitting in at their aquariums & water parks.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 06:27:12 PM »
I like it, but I guarantee it'll show up at SDC, too.  :'(

At least they'll have their own characters for the summer festival instead of bringing in others.

Does anyone see this as connected somehow to the ending of the international festival after this year?  They mention how the ocean connects us all.  I would hope not, but that came into my mind.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 07:34:25 PM »
Does anyone see this as connected somehow to the ending of the international festival after this year?  They mention how the ocean connects us all.  I would hope not, but that came into my mind.
You know some of the stuff they do now really stretches the theme but fitting the Sea into SDC makes zero sense to me.  Maybe I am just not broad in my scope.  The other parks I could see and yes I could see a indoor blacklight puppet show during the summer but just because you can doesn't mean it would be prudent to do so.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
I can see it now, Herchend Studios at the old CC site. What else does Henson folk have that's not spoken for?

Bring back Fraggle Rock 8)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 12:19:32 PM »
Far as I know, the Muppets and Sesame Street are the two main Henson properties that already have theme park associations....

OMG. What about Labyrinth? And Dark Crystal? What if Herschend & Henson worked together to build a Henson fantasy-themed park?  Like, something like Efteling?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 02:43:09 PM »
Far as I know, the Muppets and Sesame Street are the two main Henson properties that already have theme park associations....

OMG. What about Labyrinth? And Dark Crystal? What if Herschend & Henson worked together to build a Henson fantasy-themed park?  Like, something like Efteling?

Actually Henson sold The Muppet's to Disney. Other parts of the company they kept. Kermit , Miss Piggy and the like are part of the mouse house.

If this is a success? It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I really do not see much difference in characters like this in SDC and some of the other stuff we have been getting. Globe Trotters, Rudolph, The old veggie tales stuff , world fest, and even the Christmas shows are out of the original theme. Its a new world and cross promotion are a part of it.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 08:21:34 PM »
^Exactly. As long as they don't try to put in a "Splashland" at SDC it could really work well for them. It would actually be incredibly awesome if they turned the CC plot into a studio of some sort, but I don't think they'll ever dive in that far. The current PR basically just states that HFEC will have the rights to create theme park shows around the characters/IP that will come through this pipeline.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 12:59:20 PM »
Yeah, the new Muppets tv show is all Mouse. I just don't get the logic behind that move, yeah, it's funny hear and there with the "adult" subjects but Why?

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »

I
I like that ideal but ...sadly l, I don't see it. I am excited to see Efteling when we head over.