Author Topic: New Drop Tower + Other Attractions on Branson Strip  (Read 4851 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
New Drop Tower + Other Attractions on Branson Strip
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:17:32 PM »
I'm falling behind with the Branson news again. Things are really picking up. This one is a small tower with what looks like an Intamin drop tower and some other novelties.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/branson-to-hear-plans-for-bigfoot-on-the-strip

I think the project overall is just a bit lackluster, and I hate the name, but I love the momentum it represents. This is the third new attraction to be announced this off-season, and this one includes a thrill ride. It makes me wonder what's next, and if some competition will start to crop up leading to something big like a coaster on the strip.

Hollwood

Re: New Drop Tower + Other Attractions on Branson Strip
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 05:40:59 PM »
Same proposal for downtown Atlanta...

Hollwood

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 01:16:50 AM »
I think I may have found the manufacturer for this attraction. Same one as the zip rider at the landing. Could Parakeet Pete be expanding to the strip?

http://www.soaringeagleziplines.com/

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 03:55:48 PM »
I think I may have found the manufacturer for this attraction. Same one as the zip rider at the landing. Could Parakeet Pete be expanding to the strip?

http://www.soaringeagleziplines.com/

I didn't think there were zip lines on the new drop tower...AKA  "bigfoot"...

However at the end of this season, God and Country theatre is supposed to close, amd there will be new zip lines at that location...

Hollwood

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 05:51:44 PM »
They have a tower attraction... See the video below the new attractions headline.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »
I didn't think there were zip lines on the new drop tower...AKA  "bigfoot"...

However at the end of this season, God and Country theatre is supposed to close, amd there will be new zip lines at that location...

I see where the God and Country zip lines and attractions are now a no go..  http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_d6328b66-033d-11e6-8322-b37ba6fbefe7.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:59:45 PM by marolinesdad »
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 08:23:15 PM »
Where are they at on the Bigfoot Tower currently?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 10:15:17 PM »
I was just thinking about this the other day too.

It's been a solid year since the planning commission approved the initial concept. http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_8cfb144c-bbbf-11e5-a57f-7718816bea27.html

I still think it's funny how they gave the developers all this BS over the height of it, and made a lot of fuss about the "beauty" of the ozarks, as if they haven't been continuously destroying the entire Branson metro with crappy development every which way.

While they gave "approval" they also laid down a lot of restrictions though. It's possible all those restrictions made the whole thing not worth while or scared off investors. It sounded like they wanted to push the tower to the back of the property so it didn't "stick out", which would also stifle the appeal of being close to the action of the revitalized 76 strip. Otherwise it's just a random tower in the back of some knick-nack store with a drop ride attached. I don't know much about food trucks, but the restrictions the commission put on them also sounded pretty hefty.

Without knowing anything else about the developer, it seemed like a concept that was kind of 50/50 on becoming reality initially anyway. It was a cool idea, but you could tell they were kind of fishing around with stuff like the food truck park to make the whole thing "work". For lack of better words, it just didn't sound like the whole thing held together very well. The drop ride could have been popular, but would that have been enough, and would enough people come for essentially just that?

I'm guessing it comes down to investors not being interested when it was all said and done.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »
... and just like that, I found more information that contradicts what I literally just posted.

From Darrell Henley's LinkedIn profile:
Bigfoot On the Strip is a Bigfoot (as in Yeti) themed entertainment complex located on Highway 76 in Branson, Missouri.

The complex will feature indoor and outdoor attractions, including a 200' tower, additional rides, interactive experiences, and Branson's first food truck dining park. The complex will also feature a visitor center.

As of March 1, 2016 we've purchased property, received approval of our Planned Development from the City, applied for permits and are preparing to begin construction.

So it sounds like they did end up fleshing the concept out more, and are in the development process. It's still been 9 months without a peep, but these things can certainly take awhile. If they've got the property and are applying for permits, I'd say they've got their investors on board after all.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 10:23:46 PM »
Oh wow, even more info that I missed: http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news/article_e1ddbeb0-6961-11e6-8009-cf963c3fd446.html

So they are actually under construction? Last time I was actually able to wander around the strip was a coupe weeks before that article. Is the tower going up?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 12:23:14 AM »
There were brochures for Bigfoot in the racks when we were in Branson last month.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 07:24:56 AM »
Where are they at on the Bigfoot Tower currently?

They have been working on the new facia and facade on the old strip mall, since they are reusing that structure, large wire fence around the whole project, it looked to me like they were working on footing and underground prep work a couple of weeks ago,   there is NO vertical structure going up yet.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »
Google maps street view updated 76 in September, so you can actually see some recent construction here: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.6464822,-93.2879443,3a,75y,251.96h,85.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soVUMcKahLejT1HwQa8M9mg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »
Google maps street view updated 76 in September, so you can actually see some recent construction here: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.6464822,-93.2879443,3a,75y,251.96h,85.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soVUMcKahLejT1HwQa8M9mg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Nice catch on Google, swoosh..    hadnt noticed the update yet. :D