Author Topic: Terrorism  (Read 4637 times)

Sdcnut

• View Profile
Terrorism
« on: December 14, 2015, 02:09:48 PM »
You may have heard the news that the FBI is investigating an arab man that purchased 200 go phones from walmart in MO. At the same time and area many propane tanks were stolen. Is anybody worried about Branson/sdc?  Seems like we would make a great big soft target.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorism
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »
No reliable source has this as a Arab man. Also, the phones were not purchased all at one place. It was several different locations in Missouri by different people. This just shows how  social media blows everything up with untruths.

And for the record I could care less how many phones someone buys. None of the governments business.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/30741514/sheriff-cellphone-trafficking-ring-behind-bulk-purchases?sf16978870=1
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:23:52 PM by Runner1960 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »
People buy go-phones in bulk all the time to send overseas for a huge mark up. I don't understand how anyone could possibly think that could be related to terrorism.

Propane tanks get stolen all the time, just like everything else. You ever try carrying a full one? You think a terrorist is going to be able to lug one into SDC, and then figure out a way to actually make it explode? Get real.

Everything is a soft target, and the whole point of terrorism is to make you scared to do anything. Besides, we already have plenty of nuts running around with guns to be afraid of anyway.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »
People buy go-phones in bulk all the time to send overseas for a huge mark up. I don't understand how anyone could possibly think that could be related to terrorism.

Propane tanks get stolen all the time, just like everything else. You ever try carrying a full one? You think a terrorist is going to be able to lug one into SDC, and then figure out a way to actually make it explode? Get real.

Everything is a soft target, and the whole point of terrorism is to make you scared to do anything. Besides, we already have plenty of nuts running around with guns to be afraid of anyway.

Apparently someone got caught this weekend trying to take a concealed carry pistol into the park. Then they had the nerve to bash them on their ( SDC"s) Facebook page. Someone that does that is not to bright since Missouri Statutes do not allow Concealed carry in theme parks. Obviously the instructor who gave them the class did not cover this with them or they chose to ignore the law. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »
In the last couple of days, it has been reported that the authorities found a buried stash of explosives, pipe bomns and so on , about 30 miles south of Lebanon..  makes a guy start to wonder WTH is going on....

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 03:47:23 PM »
In the last couple of days, it has been reported that the authorities found a buried stash of explosives, pipe bomns and so on , about 30 miles south of Lebanon..  makes a guy start to wonder WTH is going on....

Does not surprise me at all. The ozarks are home to several survivalist, Neo Nazi, Conspiricy Theory , Religious zealot and other hate groups.

Sdcnut

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 04:14:58 PM »

No I figured they would load the propane tanks in a car and blow them up by a packed bus stop.

Sdcnut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »
No reliable source has this as a Arab man. Also, the phones were not purchased all at one place. It was several different locations in Missouri by different people. This just shows how  social media blows everything up with untruths.

And for the record I could care less how many phones someone buys. None of the governments business.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/30741514/sheriff-cellphone-trafficking-ring-behind-bulk-purchases?sf16978870=1

Fox news said "arab man" today.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »

Stolen propane tanks + Missouri = meth labs.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 10:07:31 PM »
Yeah. That's not how you make meth, idiot.
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 10:27:20 PM »

Fox news said "arab man" today.

Like I said, how about a reliable news source.😀

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 05:41:21 AM »
Propane tanks and lithium cellphone batteries are both used in the making of meth.

This is Missouri.

'Nuff said.

http://www.addiction411.com/signs-of-a-meth-drug-lab/
http://www.polksheriff.org/INSIDEPCSO/LE/CID/BSI/METH/Pages/MethLab.aspx

Oh, also, that stash of explosives was found in October; it's old news.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/explosives-story-from-october-goes-viral-local-sheriff-sets-record-straight-about-terror-threat/21048998_36956374
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:44:10 AM by Joy »