Author Topic: New entrance policy  (Read 9142 times)

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: New entrance policy
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »
Safety Theater is never a good thing.  Every time some measure such as this is instituted, the Orcs win.

The checks on the 19th were laughable--delaying enerything while ensuring not an ounce of additional safety.

This trend is bad, and I hope it goes away, and quickly, too.  If it continues at SDC, I will have to rethink the season passes.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 12:40:47 PM »
Well bye.
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 01:28:12 PM »
Security was very easy and unintrusive on the weekend of the 12th. Did not slow things up one bit. I think there are some people upset that they cannot sneak firearms in now. I prefer the extra level myself.

IASTClone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
Security was very easy and unintrusive on the weekend of the 12th. Did not slow things up one bit. I think there are some people upset that they cannot sneak firearms in now. I prefer the extra level myself.

I felt it was more of a "feel good" security check.

Per Missouri law (Section 571.107.1), it has never been legal to conceal carry in an amusement park, but the "security checks" they are doing now would still not catch anyone that was going to do so.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »

I felt it was more of a "feel good" security check.

Per Missouri law (Section 571.107.1), it has never been legal to conceal carry in an amusement park, but the "security checks" they are doing now would still not catch anyone that was going to do so.

Yes it s against the staute but it is not punishable so it holds no teeth. And I heard they did find some in purses and backpacks and turned people back to the parking lot. It upset them even though they knew they were breaking the law.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 04:46:29 PM »
I want to see SDC always be a safe and happy place. I hope no one ever does something to make it not so. I applaude the increased measures. I feel sorry for my old pal, Randy, who I last heard was supervisor over turnstyles...that is a serious thing to get thrown on your back. He is a good guy, and I am sure his workers take this seriously as well.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 02:20:06 PM »
Went to Dollywood several times this past week.  Half way expected to go through security bag checks with the changes at SDC but did not have to.  I didn't really notice any changes in security practices at DW and didn't really notice any increase in security personnel.  On a side note, Lightning Rod (the part you can see anyway) is looking good.  Looking forward to riding it this spring! 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 03:07:59 PM »
This past week we did the showboat And SDC, they were dong bag checks both days.  I found it humorous they checked the bag very closely...  VERY closely,

But I had on my heavy leather duster coat, that I could have had an AR and a Shotgun and a couple of pistols, they didn't even look at me...

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »
I just recieved and email from the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma that informed patrons that beginning on January 5th metal detectors, bag checks, and bag size limitations would be implemmented at all future events. It's sad that things have had to come to this in our world, you would think as time goes along we'd be more civilized instead of needing more security measures.

Jay

pitbullguy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 09:25:12 AM »
I don't know if this has been said yet, but as far as i can remember in the last 6 or so years they have not allowed Concealed guns at any property. They just did not do any checks. If one was witnessed then they would approach that person and ask for them to take it to their vehicle. When i took the CCW class they said not to carry in amusement parks and stadiums. Being at SDC and seeing a weapon on someone makes you think when it actually happens.