Author Topic: New Belle Survey  (Read 8487 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Belle Survey
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 05:29:02 PM »
My ideal showboat experience would be to have a show similar to the Saloon Show at SDC but slightly less campy and with larger production costs and a longer show. Additionally, when I think of taking a riverboat anywhere, my brain goes to just relaxing out on a deck with maybe a small folk band with banjoes playing in the background. Basically, I really like the casual, relaxing, non-showy ride that you can get on the Mark Twain at Disneyland, where you move about or sit back and relax and someone points out landmarks and fun facts over the intercom.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 07:38:59 PM »
^Yes.  What if the second choice above was an immersive experience?  Some things could happen during intermission on different decks as the characters interact with guests.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 07:45:46 PM »
Oooo... Maybe at some point the Branson Belle should have a special 1880s-themed murder-mystery dinner show! I participated in a mm dinner show at MSU a few years ago, and it was super fun!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 08:37:57 AM »
The first concept is the current model.  The second is original, capitalizes on the fact that it's a boat, and has the potential to be original and unique.  I can get a country tribute show in a land show.

What bothered me about #1,  was NO mention of Casandre'.  Just the tap dancers, and christopher james.  I for one would be Very disappointed if Casandre' was eliminated from the show.. she is an awesome Singer, and bring a touch of "class" to the boat.

I have heard that Janice martin's contract is up, and will not be returning, for me, that is a fine.  I could never figure out if she was a violinist, pianist or a gymnast?.    . I hope they can bring in another strong entertainer to replace her with..

I like the current format for the shows, and hope it continues..

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 09:24:17 AM »
Besides the show they have now, I would like a pirate show that isnt so child-ish.

I'm pretty sure the pirate show was meant to be childish!   :o

Thats what Im saying. It is centered around kids. When it comes to shows with less singing and more of a show or play, I would like to see a Pirate show that adults would love that isnt so childish.

My biggest complaint at both the Branson Belle and Dixie Stampede revolves around the pictures they take on entry. This is such an outdated and wasteful process. Almost everyone has a camera on their phone that is as good or better than the cameras used for the pictures. Making people pose for the obviously posed shot and then trying to sell them to you  is ridiculous. If people want pictures, they will take them. We usually skip this process entirely but we had a run in last year where the employee tried to insist that we HAD to take a picture to get on the boat which I promptly contested and we finally just walked in after arguing with this girl for a bit. It just slows down the whole process and maybe 1 out of 50 people buy the pictures but they print out every one. Such a waste

I was told besides to sell them, they also take pictures of everyone just in case they lose someone, including if they go overboard, they know what they look like. I think you also have the option of not getting your picture taken, if you know you arent going to go overboard and you wont buy it.

Oooo... Maybe at some point the Branson Belle should have a special 1880s-themed murder-mystery dinner show! I participated in a mm dinner show at MSU a few years ago, and it was super fun!

I also forgot to say I would love to have a Murder Mystery show too. I have never done 1 but Ive always wanted to. I think the Showboat would be a good place.

The first concept is the current model.  The second is original, capitalizes on the fact that it's a boat, and has the potential to be original and unique.  I can get a country tribute show in a land show.

What bothered me about #1,  was NO mention of Casandre'.  Just the tap dancers, and christopher james.  I for one would be Very disappointed if Casandre' was eliminated from the show.. she is an awesome Singer, and bring a touch of "class" to the boat.

I have heard that Janice martin's contract is up, and will not be returning, for me, that is a fine.  I could never figure out if she was a violinist, pianist or a gymnast?.    . I hope they can bring in another strong entertainer to replace her with..

I like the current format for the shows, and hope it continues..

They probably forgot to mention Cassandra, I hope. Ive always enjoyed her. Janice Martin....not so much, but I hope they do find someone not too boring to replace her, if they stick with the same show. I hope Cassandra stays.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:28:00 AM by Laroy »

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 10:27:06 AM »
^Yes.  What if the second choice above was an immersive experience?  Some things could happen during intermission on different decks as the characters interact with guests.

I don't know if I want an "immersive" experience on the Showboat.  ;D ;D ;D

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 10:28:20 AM »

Just baptize 'em all!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 11:15:07 AM »
I was told besides to sell them, they also take pictures of everyone just in case they lose someone, including if they go overboard, they know what they look like. I think you also have the option of not getting your picture taken, if you know you arent going to go overboard and you wont buy it.

Except... that rationale doesn't hold true for Dixie Stampede. At Dixie Stampede we just walked through. The Branson Belle made a big deal about it.

I joked that I was in the witness protection program and if they took my picture I would have to relocate AGAIN.... they did not get the joke

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:43:23 PM by Jemmicat »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 12:25:59 PM »
I would be more likely to go if they would just throw out everything they have now and start over. The only time I was on the Belle it was a major disappointment because of the variety style show they do now. I was looking for something where you were out on deck enjoying the cruise and scenery. Instead it was to structured and little time for roaming the boat.

Maybe something that gives you options like a show inside for those who like that sort of things and maybe a deck party above for the ones who like to party a little. Forget about the dinner and make it more of a cruise/ entertainment event.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »

Just baptize 'em all!

You two are hilarious!!