Author Topic: uncle joe's bbq  (Read 8676 times)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
uncle joe's bbq
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:33:41 PM »
hey does anyone know the exact location of this place? what places are near it? is it on a side road off of 76? i drove around 76 looking for it today and couldnt find it.

sdcforever

Re: uncle joe's bbq
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »
It's at 2819 W 76.  It's just west of the intersection of 76 and Wildwood Dr.  A little further west of Uncle Joe's bbq is the Baldknobbers.

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:55:09 AM »
i thought it was on the left side of the road,is it? or the right? coming from sdc direction.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:15:16 AM by orient express »

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
^I'm not sure about that.  I do know it's on the same side of the road as the Baldknobbers.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »
Sorry to report that Uncle Joe's BBQ no longer exists.  It was, as you said, on the north side of the road between Wildwood and Baldknobbers, right by where Cakes and Cremes is.  But it's been gone for a few years now.  The building is still there however, with another establishment occupying it, but I can't think of it's name right now.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 07:59:03 AM »
thanx for clearing that up.. no wonder i couldnt find it

sdcforever

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »
^^Wow!  I had no idea.  I was going from memory, and did an internet search to make sure I wasn't giving false information.  All the websites I visited did not say it was no longer in operation.  Sorry, orient express.  I was not trying to mislead you.  Those websites need to be updated.

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 03:06:37 PM »
hey no prob.. i also was going by what info was given on the net..at least we all know now....so does anyone know any good bbq joints in branson that are good. im a huge bbq fan.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »
I like Danna's...  It is located next to Fall Creek Inn at the junction of Hwy 165 & Fall Creek Road.  They have great pulled pork.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 11:18:39 PM »
Yes, Danna's is good.  Then for a little more upscale dining experience there's Shorty Small's down Hwy. 165 on the way to Danna's (also a location at the Landing according to the wife), and also Famous Dave's at the Landing.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 08:08:07 AM »
awesome! thanx everyone

sdcforever

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 10:44:06 AM »
^You're welcome.  And I have to throw my vote in for Shorty Small's.  Fantastic bbq!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 03:38:54 PM »
I like Shorty Smalls as well but when I am on vacation I like to go to local places I can't eat at home. 

SteamFreak

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »
Does anyone know anything about odees? It looks like it's closed. I've always wanted to go in there, mostly because of the intruging exterior decor. I've heard from a few people that the food is/was great.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 05:25:48 PM »
Fire Destroys Odee's Barbecue
12/8/2008 

The state fire marshal is looking into the cause of a fire late Sunday night that destroyed Odee's Restaurant and Barbecue on Highway 76 in Branson. Fire Division Chief Ted Martin says the building has seen a number of occupants over the years, with Odee's moving into the structure just months ago, from its previous location on Highway 165...

Crews were called out around 11 o'clock Sunday night, and arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear of the building.

Martin says the main fire apparently started in the kitchen area in the rear of the building, and rapidly spread to a storage area and the attic. Investigators are working to determine the exact origin and cause of the fire.