Author Topic: Proposed Branson Tram Project  (Read 16390 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Proposed Branson Tram Project
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2016, 11:48:52 AM »
Some more damning details coming out of the woodwork now, especially the fact that they have NOT gotten any sort of agreement with SDC, and they haven't even done a feasibility study, which I assumed was step 1.

Looks like they are "postponing" the agreement, which likely signals it's death unless they completely rework things.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_13b7f3a4-be46-11e6-baec-a32ba2383fd7.html

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 08:38:30 AM »
So, last noght on FB, I saw the front page of this weeks "The Independent", small local Branson publication.. I am sure most of us has seen it, usually at motels......

anyway last night, front page, indicates project was approved and they are supposed to be going by 2020?

anybody in branson see that article? or can verify that...?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:08 AM »
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_bfdbe24a-c3cc-11e6-867a-bfd533b8764c.html

So they approved it with changes: no required use of eminent domain, no connection to SDC, and will work with a few other entities/initiatives.

This allows them to move forward on spending some money towards actually coming up with a plan/design. In November of 2017 they will present an actual contract to build the thing, at which point we will know if this thing will become reality or not.

Dropping the SDC connection is significant. It could still happen, but it sounds like SDC wants to make sure this thing is viable before they bulldoze their way up to SDC's property. Perhaps they will add on the segment to SDC after the main portion proves its viability. I don't know if not connecting to SDC initially will make the project more or less viable for them... on one hand it makes the system smaller and easier to manage, but on the other hand SDC is the main destination in Branson...

jstein4507

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2016, 11:02:16 AM »
I have sometimes wondered if a table rock lake ferry connection could be made to the lake at SDC...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »
So the November 2017 deadline came and went and there hasn't been a peep about this project. I'm guessing that means it is officially dead. Probably couldn't get investors on board. I had a glimmer of hope that something would happen though... they had a gondola car to show off and everything.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 09:20:17 PM »
Maybe they’re waiting for WDW to open theirs and show successful theses things can be
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 02:06:39 PM »
Maybe they’re waiting for WDW to open theirs and show successful theses things can be

Yep, this us very similar to what Disney is doing IMO, but I never thought this would get built.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 01:09:33 PM »
Yeah, I dont see a system like this going in the Branson area.  It would have to span out to SDC,  and that would take a Lot of 0's to build...

Now maybe after a recently new proposed waterpark was build......

AND  IF maybe another group did a large project out on "south 465"

It wouldn't hurt if something was done at CC also..

That's a lot of waiting and "if's"

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 06:41:58 AM »
I saw that "new" proposal/idea. 
They have shortened the proposed travel route.. 
Gondolas now will only go to 76/SOTH expressway on the west side.  NOT out to SDC.
That alone would lower overall cost ALOT..

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 11:55:25 AM »
Gondolas now will only go to 76/SOTH expressway on the west side.  NOT out to SDC.

I'm pretty sure they would make it all the way to SDC if "someone" helped foot the bill.

Plus, that could be an awfully long ride, especially if these things aren't air conditioned and heated.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure they would make it all the way to SDC if "someone" helped foot the bill.

Plus, that could be an awfully long ride, especially if these things aren't air conditioned and heated.

You have to wonder if Herschend  would give them a place to unload. It might be a matter of cutting into the preferred parking fees they collect ? I am sure SDC would want a cut of the rider fees or something to compensate.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »

SDC and SOTH, ,  BUT that take a lot of "help"... ::)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2018, 05:27:23 PM »
They need to focus on connecting a few key points in Branson right now instead of the original pie-in-the-sky concept of having this thing run around everywhere and out to SDC. It sounds like they are chugging along and coming to that realization.

It also needs a base parking area/garage to start at. I'd love to just park on the North end of the strip and be able to ride to Downtown Branson. They can combine it with the trolley, so that the end points are also multi-modal hubs that could take you to SDC or the landing.

Still a very interesting proposition, but I'm not holding my breath. With the next recession looming, I have a feeling this is going to be another Branson mega project that will make a lot of noise but never actually happen.