Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII  (Read 8543 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode VII
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:19:45 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

Alright, who saw this and who is PUMPED?! This movie will make the most money of any movie ever made, guaranteed.I'm so excited to see it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 05:19:16 PM »
I can't stand Star Wars.  I never have liked it.  I do not understand the fascination with it.

I will not see it, Sam I Am.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
Because it changed the way movies were made forever. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 06:25:47 PM »
Already have my tickets for opening weekend. Can't hardly wait.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »
Going to be a mash up of borrowed plot devices from the first three all the way down to the types of planets we see for the most part. Wish they would have theatrically released the originals, one  a month leading up to premiere. What you will not have is stupid pod races, jar jar binks, and the rest of the trash that we got during the last rodeo. A JJ included a lens flare just to pee off his lens flare critics in the trailer.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 11:12:45 AM »
I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am for this. Watching that trailer for the first time the other night, I finally knew what it must have been like for the older SW fans when the first Phantom Menace trailer came out (the movie may have stunk, but that first trailer was SO excellent)....

I was first in line for the midnight showing of Phantom Menace; second in line for Attack of the Clones; tenth for Revenge of the Sith. For RotS, my entire 20-screen theater ended up sold out. It was SUPER cray.

I am hoping to be first in line for the 7pm Thursday showing for The Force Awakens. I cannot wait to wait in line with fellow SW fans. I have so missed going to opening night screenings; haven't gotten to do it since The Hobbit in Dec 2012.

I've been reading all of the new canon that has been released (the comics, the novels, etc), and it has been SO amazing. I was one of those fans who was really mad when they announced the de-canonization of the EU (mostly because my all-time favorite SW character, Tenel Ka, suddenly didn't "exist"), but the new canon has been so excellent that I don't even care about the de-canonization any more.

ANYWAY... yeah, I'm super excited. You should see my Tumblr; it's been VERY inundated with Star Wars since Monday. LOL

PS: Yes, I cried. Heck, I cry just about every time I watch the trailer.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:17:57 AM by Joy »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 02:26:01 PM »
Joy-

I didn't know I could be anymore excited for the movie but your post fired me up even more!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 07:41:38 PM »
I'm a big fan of the films. Saw the new movie twice...once at Branson IMAX on the big screen, another time in NWA in 3D. Liked the 3D version better. I can't wait for the next two to be released. Good to see the actors from the original three back...poor Carrie Fisher partied too much in the 70s and 80s and looks a bit rough around the edges, but, still glad to see her back again, too.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Destination SDC

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 11:13:11 PM »
Looking for something to do while we were in Branson on Christmas Day, we went to see Star Wars.  I've become a Star Wars Fan, thanks to my teenage son.  He has seen every Star Wars Movie numerous times and has read a vast number of Star Wars books and can tell you everything you ever wanted to know about it.  As our son has Asperger's syndrome, he has not been to see too many movies in the movie theater ( the loud noises are difficult for him) and of course has never seen Star Wars on a big screen.  While the movie was fantastic, the best part was our son's excitement about seeing it on the big screen.  He was practically giddy.  He loved it and I am so glad we got to go while we were in Branson.  I think this may have been his best Christmas. 

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 05:22:56 AM »
I'm a big fan of the films. Saw the new movie twice...once at Branson IMAX on the big screen, another time in NWA in 3D. Liked the 3D version better. I can't wait for the next two to be released. Good to see the actors from the original three back...poor Carrie Fisher partied too much in the 70s and 80s and looks a bit rough around the edges, but, still glad to see her back again, too.

Well, Carrie is bi-polar, and sadly, she self-medicated with alcohol and drugs back then. Thankfully, she was able to lift herself up out of that hole and she's doing so much better these days. She may not be quite what anyone expected Leia to be like, but it was great to have Leia back again no matter what. :-D

As for what I thought of the film? Well, it nearly ties Empire Strikes Back for my top favorite Star Wars film. Beyond that, well, I haven't taken the time yet to sit down and write a proper review (I was out of town visiting family when the film came out; in fact, the movie was one of the reasons I went out of town, because there are no movie theaters where I currently live).

I've seen it three times, though. I had to see it in 3D the first time because the 7pm Thursday 2D showings sold out before I could buy my ticket. It was good in 3D, but I had trouble with my eyes focusing, and the RealD glasses just don't fit well enough over my prescription glasses. Rather wish it'd been the IMAX showing; the IMAX glasses fit better.

I watched it a second time that Saturday alongside my 7-year-old niece, my dad, and my step-nephews. Then the next Saturday, I took my sister to see it as my Christmas gift to her (poor girl was the last person at her work to see the movie, so it was a relief for her to see it before having to back to work the next week so she didn't have to worry about spoilers, LOL). These two viewings were in 2D, and I definitely was able to focus better on the movie without worrying about the 3D glasses fitting and the projection un-focusing a few times.

If I had the money and opportunity, I probably would have already seen this film 10 times or more. My record for theater-viewings is, I believe, 15x for Pirates of the Caribbean (though that was aided by the then-$2 theater where I lived at the time).

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 07:13:02 AM »
I seen it in IMAX 3D at Ronnies in St. Louis. All I can say is I loved it and rate it either first or a close second to The Empire Strikes Back. I am not one to see something or a show more than once but this may be a exception. Might have to go back again to catch some of the little things I did not pick up on 1st time.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »
................and I am over here, a Star Wars virgin. My eyes hath yet to view this concept you call Star Wars.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 11:51:06 AM »
I seen it in IMAX 3D at Ronnies in St. Louis. All I can say is I loved it and rate it either first or a close second to The Empire Strikes Back. I am not one to see something or a show more than once but this may be a exception. Might have to go back again to catch some of the little things I did not pick up on 1st time.

Oh, there is SO much to pick up on upon re-watching! Pay close attention to the Force Vision; there are voices from previous SW movies that make cameo appearances!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 01:06:45 PM »
I saw it the night it came out and loved it. Amazing amazing journey back to the galaxy far far away. Anxiously waiting to see it again but will probably have to wait until DVD.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 04:08:52 PM »
I went twice last week, there are so many one-liners and subtle suggestions,  I had to go twice and I know I still missed some....