Author Topic: OzCat to be demolished  (Read 20962 times)

jliehr

• View Profile
Re: OzCat to be demolished
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 07:29:44 PM »
It's less sad tearing it down than it is watching it rot.

It would have been cool to maybe have some shops around it and sell tickets for rides, almost like a go-kart track. I'd pay to ride it again...

Bingo! Funny, there's a go cart track wasting away, there was an arcade building wasting away. I've said it over and over again that It should have evolved into a  no admission fee entertainment district where things were sold on a per ride or ride pass basis.

It didn't work for Mutton Hollow or Branson USA, I just don't see pay per ride ever working long term.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 07:36:26 PM »
2017 will be huge for SDC.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »
This could and should be the location for a new resort/ white water #2.  I think there is enough space they could add a resort/night area.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 11:01:44 PM »
If they do build a resort, it needs to be like the Gaylord Opryland. That place is amazing.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 01:24:02 AM »
Well, I just spent way too much time looking at pics of the Gaylord on Google Images.

YES. They should definitely build a resort that is like the Gaylord. Oh my goodness. SO beautiful!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 09:33:15 AM »
It's all indoors too. That's the crazy part. 9 acres of beauty.
SWOOSH

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 09:54:05 AM »
Here's a link to Hometown Radio's coverage of the announcement. Includes some sound clips from Lisa Lau of SDC:

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/2015/10/30/celebration-city-wildcat-roller-coaster-set-for-demolition/

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »
Did a drive by and demolition has started... it is a demo job, not dismantle, and no apparent attempt to save anything..  Although they have not touched the building yet...  Took several pictures, will get them posted and shared later,,,
  '
'Also if you want to drive through the west parking lot and look around, that area is open on sunday morning now..  the church is using that lot for their attendance..

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »
If they do build a resort, it needs to be like the Gaylord Opryland. That place is amazing.

Needs indoor waterpark and then amazing. I don't think you'll see a Jack Daniels eaterly either.

Lot's of similarities of that and the attractions at the outlet mall with things many  have suggested for the  CC spot. Even talk of a few selected rides (themed ferris wheel wooden coaste)in an area that bridged the two better before the flood seemed to halt talk of it.

Gaylord also thrives on convention/meeting business for room bookings. How would that play with Branson's convention center downtown. Branson ain't Nashville. I also wonder how the new huge convention center downtown in Nashville has affected Gaylord bookings in the area.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:21:40 AM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 10:41:59 AM »
When I was there last month there were 3 conventions going on at the same time in the middle of the week (at Gaylord) - I'd say they're doing just fine.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 09:20:18 AM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »
Did a drive by this weekend, didn't take any pictures, because I ddint see where any progress was made on the demo on the last 2 weeks,,, will check again when I am back in 2 weeks

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »
just got back from another weekend in town,  No more demo progress on Ozcat..  started on it 4 weeks ago, now at a stalemate...??  I haven't heard anything about delay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 10:44:24 PM »
Posted some photos on the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SDCFans-325778850062/

They've definitely started, but they could have been done by now if they wanted to be. I'm guessing they may be waiting until the branson crowds die down for whatever reasons? They're also probably preparing for an implosion of some sort.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 05:52:18 AM »
There was just two guys doing it, and they had to remove all the steel track first, so a little at a time... Like a slow, painful, death...  :'(
RIP Chippewa Lake Park