Author Topic: Coaster Christmas 2015  (Read 4761 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Coaster Christmas 2015
« on: September 29, 2015, 10:03:35 AM »
It looks like the date has been set for this year's Coaster Christmas: Nov. 21
http://www.aceonline.org/events/

I don't see any other details or a sign-up available yet, but I'm sure they're coming soon.

I don't think I'll be able to make that weekend, but I definitely recommend it to everyone who can.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Coaster Christmas 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:19:24 AM »
Whats coaster christmas? whats it about? what happens?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »
SWOOSH

stang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »
Coaster Christmas this weekend the family and I will be there anybody else  going this year?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 05:05:33 PM »
Have fun. I'll be in COMO
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 08:22:23 PM »
Cant make it but I twill be there the night before.  Its my family weekend, we go to SDC Friday night.  Shop Saturday and go to see
Wynonna Judd on Saturday night.  We went to the show last year, first time and it was one of the best performances I have seen.  Top that off with SDC at Christmas and you have a real winner

missouripapa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 04:36:28 PM »
My daughter (24) and I (63, old guy) went to Coaster Christmas.  It was snowing as we left Springfield and that made me question the wisdom of the trip.  We had a great time.  There was a group of probably 100 coaster enthusiasts gathered, and SDC had great presenters for talks about SDC, Six Flags, Worlds of Fun, and Schlitterbahn,  We learned of new things coming up.  The other guests were quite knowledgable about coasters, their makers, their advantages, etc.  My daughter and I just like to ride them

It was great to be in the park hours before opening.  We got great photos of the decorations.  The highlight for me was riding FITH with the lights on, and then going on a backstage tour of the ride.  All the staff were very friendly and eager to share

I worked at SDC in 76 and 77, and have gone there since about 59 or 60. Even though I take grandchildren to Disneyworld twice a year, Silver Dollar City is still home.  We'll be back to have lunch with Santa, and enjoy OTC.

As a grandfather to Army girls, I must say that SDC giving free admission to military children is simply pure class. Nice to know that people care.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 11:09:02 PM »
Thanks for the update missouripapa! I'm glad they had a good turnout. It used to be a fairly small group, and with nothing new coming in 2016 I wondered how many would show up. Moving the date to mid November from early December really seemed to help.

I'm definitely going to schedule things better next year so I can attend. I'll see if we can get more of a heads up on the confirmed date.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 12:41:26 AM »
No guarantees there will be one next year. Current ACE regional reps for the Heart of America are moving to Florida. 
SWOOSH

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »
Time for a new rep, say, someone who loves music  ;)
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 10:20:08 PM »
Like I have time to run the region - though I'm not sure who else in the region has ties with the parks - my job has consumed my life, there's no way I'd be able to it.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
That's a shame. Jennifer (and others I'm sure) did a really good job with this every year. It's been really well done even compared to some of the bigger ACE events.

We'll wait and see if someone steps in to fill those shoes. I'd love to help out somehow, but I'm not sure what I could do at this point. I might get in touch with them next year and see how things are going.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 08:17:54 AM »
I want to help coordinate it for next year!! Pick me to fill that position!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!