Author Topic: Could not GIVE away free tickets at front gate..........  (Read 7604 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Could not GIVE away free tickets at front gate..........
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:11:47 PM »

So I went to Branson last night intending to go to SDC today and had 2 BAF and had no friends that were free so I decided to find someone that looked like they could use a break.  ( Yes profiling )  Well the first group was a young couple with about 4 kids, I decided that they could use a little extra funds for the day so I asked them if they were purchasing tickets.  They said yes but they only had to buy one adult ticket and I explained that I could walk 1 of them through.  They were very appreciative and asked if I wanted money, I declined and asked them to do something nice for someone today.  I had 1 ticket left, as a side note for those of you who have not met me I am a clean cut approachable guy.  I work with the public and not in sales.  Well I could not GIVE that pass away.  I mean we stood there and had 2 busses unload and asked probably 20 cpls  but they are so scared that you are going to coral them into a time share they just would not take it.  I even told them " Hey, I am not a time share guy, I  am just trying to be nice" no dice...........  Maybe we are all getting too suspicious of people or the world really is getting bad or maybe they just are harassed too much around town.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Could not GIVE away free tickets at front gate..........
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 08:16:56 PM »
I think you can better succeed at this while waiting in line for your shuttle to the main gate, or even on the shuttle ride.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »
I aint surprised you couldnt give it away, just humans these days. ::)
Sorry it didnt work out for ya..
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:11:08 PM »
I have had that happen before...  LOL...

I don't blame people for being suspicious, with all the crap going on..

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 06:43:12 AM »
I'm not 100% sure the way people think, but I've had trouble even giving them away to friends at times. It was almost as if they were too proud for the "hand out"......

Jay

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 07:37:06 AM »
I usually am able to give them out, this was the first time it was such a chore.  Its too bad that people are that suspicious, especially when you are standing right in front of the ticket sales office.  Well that young family had $60 extra to spend on the kids. Mission accomplished.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »
I usually am able to give them out, this was the first time it was such a chore.  Its too bad that people are that suspicious, especially when you are standing right in front of the ticket sales office.  Well that young family had $60 extra to spend on the kids. Mission accomplished.

^ yep! Good Job.! ;D

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 09:28:52 AM »
If you did that to me in front of my kids I'd probably say no too.  Depends on the approach.  It's a pride thing....I not going to take a handout in front of the family.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 10:48:53 AM »
If you did that to me in front of my kids I'd probably say no too.  Depends on the approach.  It's a pride thing....I not going to take a handout in front of the family.

I don't consider it a handout, but I guess I could see how others might that haven't been to the park before or know how it works. 

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 11:19:34 AM »
I have never offered to give mine away. I just find it a little creepy to be approached by a total stranger or to approach one myself. But, i am a introvert also. My parents on the other hand who are in their 70's never met a stranger and have no problem giving theirs away.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 11:22:44 AM »
We have surprised folks at the entrance in line for tickets by asking if they wanted to get in free and the denial rate is about 50%. Mindboggling.

OutlawRun

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 11:33:04 AM »
I've had the exact same thing happen to me.  Even with my wife and girls by my side, I couldn't give away BAF passes.  Maybe if I was offering a pork rind sample along with my BAF pass I would have had some takers.  :)
You have a great past ahead of you!

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:30 PM »

Plus...I have never 'needed' free tickets due to have season passes and/or already planning to pay.  By saying no it can feel like your helping in help someone else.

I'm not surprised it might take awhile to find someone to take for free.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

kurtbach

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »
There ain't no shame in my game!  If someone asked me in front of my family if I wanted to get them in free, I'd take it.  Although I buy my tickets in advance instead of at the front gate.  If someone just happened to have two BAF's during An Old Time Christmas though, me and the missus would be more than happy to help you use them.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:50:18 AM by kurtbach »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »
There ain't no shame in my game!  If someone asked me in front of my family if I wanted to get them in free, I'd take it.  Although I buy my tickets in advance instead of at the front gate.  If someone just happened to have two BAF's during An Old Time Christmas though, me and the missus would be more than happy to help you use them.  Grin

I think its a beautiful thing to get a money saving gift from a stranger.  Possibly allowing you to go out to a nice meal you hadn't planned or buy something really nice.  I don't turn down good will and try to offer it as much as I can.  Taking advantage is a different thing but helping a stranger is a good thing and something that should happen more often.

I have passes for December and if I go I will post the day to this board first, more than willing to meet up to get someone in.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:14:50 AM by mhguy77 »