Author Topic: New Round Of Upgrades Coming Soon  (Read 17367 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: New Round Of Upgrades Coming Soon
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 12:52:34 PM »
The purpose of being logged into the main site is to give you access to features such as personal photo galleries, videos, comments, reviews, and trip reports/editorials. Because I can't get to the park on a frequent basis, and because there isn't all the much news to report on SDC (though there's more going on then I've been able to report), I really don't think this site can go anywhere without all this. I want to get more content flowing through the site and make it an actual resource of some sort, not just another hokey fan site.

At this point though, I'm about ready to throw in the towel. We'll see what happens. Keep checking back over the next few days, hopefully I'll figure something out...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:53:31 PM by shavethewhales »

sdcforever

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »
^Just want to let you know that the main site login works for me in IE7, but not in Firefox 3.0.3.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »
I can log in using IE 6.0 but still can not in Firefox 3.01
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
How's this for madness: it works perfectly in IE6 & 7, not at all in Firefox or Safari, and sometimes in Chrome.

I don't know what to do at this point. I think I've about exhausted all my options. I'll have to seek out some help for this, but who knows if there's any way around this.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:29:41 PM by shavethewhales »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 03:06:32 PM »
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You know what it was? The main site tab on the forum wasn't relative, so each time someone clicked on it they were resent to the site, destroying their login session. That was it.

I spent 2 1/2 months going over and over my php trying to figure this out and all it was was one wrong link.

Well... it's fixed now. I'll have the profiles and user features back up by tonight. At least I can finally go back to working on the site again...

sdcforever

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »
YAY!  I'm happy for you, Steve!  I know this has been bugging you for a while.

Now you can get back to making this site what you want it to be! :)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 09:13:19 PM »
Most of the user features are back online, although they need to be cleaned up badly. I'll be working on them this week. News comments and attraction reviews will be back in the next couple of days. Also, the new profiles will be up soon.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
I just re-did the profiles, although they're not quite as glamorous as I had hoped. However, you can now view other people's profiles on the main site.

I'll have the comments and ride reviews fixed up and back online by tonight.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 10:47:10 PM »
Fixed some stuff on the home page today. Lots more to do...

sdcforever

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 01:22:52 PM »
This might seem picky, but it bothers me a little that the time on the forums is off an hour since the time change.  Can that be fixed?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 08:58:21 PM »
I think it's fixed now.

By the way, I've been really busy lately with work, hunting, and other things, so I haven't really been doing too much with the site. I'm trying to keep up with the news, but I'm just really sidetracked with a lot of things that are going on right now.

Anyway, once again I'm planning another upgrade package. This is kind of the way it is with personal projects/sites sometimes - it's just easier to re-do it all every so often rather than to go back and fix old code. I'm thinking a new, rustic yet clean and fresh layout with more emphasis on news and updates and an overhauled user feature system that's even cleaner and easier to use.

I've got a couple other sites to code before hand, so it may be about Christmas before I can show you guys anything, but feel free to provide input whenever. I'll set up a test site this time around so that we can all test the new site version before it's made final - so there won't be any long lasting bugs like the last time.

sdcforever

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 11:08:43 PM »
^Sounds cool! :)  And the test site is definitely a good idea.