Author Topic: Village of Dogpatch USA Events  (Read 9934 times)

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Village of Dogpatch USA Events
« on: September 01, 2015, 04:10:13 PM »
We're coming up on our 3rd major event, so I thought I'd start a topic specifically for events. Labor Day weekend will be filled with arts, crafts, music, food, contests (BBQ & costume) etc. On a side note, the park is available for private, self-guided tours any day of the week for $10, just contact the listed number.

September 5 & 6:
Admission to the Dogpatch Pirate Invasion, Labor Day Weekend is $10 for adults, $12 for admission for both days ~ $20 for Family, $24 for both days ~ Children under 12 Free! ~ Come in FULL costume and admission is free!
Primitive camping on site is available for $5 per night.
Vendor Applications are now available upon request. Call 818-758-0022 or email robinstgraves@gmail.com for application.
Vendor applications available at: http://dogpatchusa.net/Vendor-Application.docx

Hope to see my SDCFans there, my shop is Roark Mountain Photography, located in the old First Aid/Computer Portraits building!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Village of Dogpatch USA Events
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:13:22 PM »
I'm excited to finally see the place up close this weekend. Anyone else planning to be out there?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:30:06 PM »
I might take izzy out for a dog patch walk Sunday.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 12:08:36 PM »
PIRATE INVASION THIS WEEKEND!
Ye best be knowing that entrance to the Pirate Invasion will be on Mill Creek Road near the old church on Hwy 7. Ye be dropping off passengers at the check in station and drivers proceed up the hill to the parking lot. There to be shuttled back down the hill to the Village.
Gate opens at 10:00 AM. The Pirate Parade will begin at 11:45 and terminate in the Village Square in front of the Main Stage. Opening ceremonies will commence at noon, followed by cannon fire and a fabulous musical venue.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 05:45:14 AM »
Good luck this weekend, really enjoying the shots of the area..   

we are hoping to check The New Dogpatch out sometime this fall..

Keep the updates coming....

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 10:36:23 PM »
Went out to Dogpatch today.  Enjoyed myself visiting.  The pirate thing was cool for the kids and didn't bother the adults.  I thought it was a good idea and with a little more group participation and some involvement from the community events will grow.
They have come a long way and are planning a fun sounding Halloween event.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
Awesome event. The whole pirate thing didn't turn out to be a big draw, but it was an interesting idea and some people really got into it.

I really fell in love with the place. Even though everything is dilapidated, you can feel the energy and the possibilities behind it all. I'm absolutely getting my hopes up that this place will turn into something amazing. All the cards are in place for it.

I'll post a big photo update of the place tomorrow.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 02:03:20 PM »
Dogpatch Heckuva Halloween!

We are extremely excited to announce that on October 23 and 24, 2015 from 7pm to 11pm, we will present to you "Heckuva Halloween"...a unique two-night themed event that will showcase a splattering of spooky sights, ghoulish games, frightening food, and fun activities for the entire family, as well as a very special haunted walk-through attraction! From Sytnathotep Studios and Eureka Springs Zombie Invasion.

TIME: 7 PM-11 PM Fri and Sat

ADMISSION: $10.00 per person/$5.00 Children ages 4-13. Children 3 and under are free!
Contact page for group pricing of 10 or more and for vendor information.

So mark your calendars, tell your friends, and come out and have a Heckuva Halloween at Dogpatch!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 07:23:27 PM »
First Annual Daisy Mae Scooter Trash Dogpatch Toy Run

Club 77 and Great American Spillproof Products partner to bring a toy run at the park to benefit local needy children. This is open to the public. Visit Dogpatch and take gorgeous pictures with the Ozark's beautiful fall colors.
Featuring Kierstan Wray as Daisy Mae, the great granddaughter of Jess Odom!

WHEN: November 15th
TIME: Noon to Dark
ADMISSION: Free with a new in box toy. If no toy, admission is $10.00

Music by JD and the Mudhounds!

New in box toys, no plush toys please.
The Pack will meet at the Visitor's Center in Harrison, AR. at 11:00 AM.
More details will be listed in this description as they develop, please check back soon!

Great American Spillproof: http://greatamericanspillproof.com/

JD and the Mudhounds: https://www.facebook.com/mightymudhounds/
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »
Event flyer~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 06:51:59 AM »
Next 3 weekends, admission is FREE! Electric is on!
The Village of Dogpatch and Great American Spillproof Products are proud to present "Christmas in The Village of Dogpatch," a three weekend event in December!
This will be an arts and crafts show just in time to fill your loved one's stockings with hand crafted items from the artists of Dogpatch! This event will have a Christmas scavenger hunt for the kids! More details to be added to this description as they develop.

ADMISSION: FREE!

DATES:
WEEKEND #1 - December 5-6
WEEKEND #2 - December 12-13
WEEKEND #3 - December 19-20

HOURS:
9 AM to 5 PM

If you are interested in becoming a vendor at this event please call Dana at 870-577-3553.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
This weekend will be the last event for the year. Performing on the 19th...Donnie Lee Strickland. I'll be selling my prints at the old glass shop Saturday only. Hope to see some of you there!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 04:59:54 PM »
Tinmann, I am not seeing or hearing much in NWA media about Dogpatch stuff. Are the publicity folks pushing the newspapers, TV, and radio to publicize activities? Are they buying ads to promote things?
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 03:11:00 AM »
Mostly thru their fb page. Some events were featured on each network. Some newspapers have run stories. Not a penny is spent on advertising, since it's been volunteer work & volunteers hosting craft weekends. (other than flyers, posters, & signs)
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 09:13:58 AM »
Coming soon in March:
Do you make crafts? Grow produce? Make yummy breads, sweets or jams? Or maybe just have some things that you don't need anymore that you would like to get rid of? Well, we have the place for you!
Starting soon in March, is a new market in Marble Falls to sell it all. You can get a 10' x 20' space for only $10. The market will be open on Saturdays from 8 A.M. to close. Meaning you can stay as long as you want up until it gets dark. There will be plenty of parking, port a potties, etc. The market will start out as outdoors only, but will soon have indoor spots available. (This will be in and around the tram/entrance building.). We are planning to soon add a picnic area with a fabulous view, music and so much more. These will be advertised events.
If you are interested in reserving a spot or would like more information, call Dorraine at (870) 715-8243.

Also, the next big volunteer clean-up weekend is March 18-20
RIP Chippewa Lake Park