What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217200 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #735 on: June 21, 2016, 10:01:07 PM »
I mean, as long as they are changing the turnstiles, why wouldn't they update the system?  Something so I don't have to present a photo ID, something more than paper, something a little more streamlined, especially with the season passes.  I don't think it needs to be Disney technology, but something...  This would be the time to do it.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 22, 2016, 06:17:32 AM »
I mean, as long as they are changing the turnstiles, why wouldn't they update the system?  Something so I don't have to present a photo ID, something more than paper, something a little more streamlined, especially with the season passes.  I don't think it needs to be Disney technology, but something...  This would be the time to do it.

I agree the ticket system is so outdated. It causes huge backup at the turnstiles But, it might be harder to change if they use this system wide at all properties. Dollywood used to use the same system. Disney uses the bio metric finger scanner for ID which would be a good way to go. No need for a ID when you go through the gate.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 22, 2016, 08:12:28 AM »

I'm with you on this.  An updated ticket system would be a great step. 

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 22, 2016, 09:08:22 AM »
Changing the ticket system and POS (point of sale) would be a huge upgrade!!!!  This is topic in my wheelhouse.

I'd recommend installing a common system between all properties (at least in Branson) to start capitalizing in basic user friendly tech enhancements throughout the park.  It doesn't have to be the Disney level system either.  Just need the common interface and readers at all point of sale locations.  Season pass holders could be issued cards (with or without RFID) with photo id printed on them at first visit (could even upload a pic before the visit online to have the card ready at the gate).  Cards can save credit or debit card account info to be used for charging you at the end of the day and then you can use your season pass card to purchase anything from anywhere in a HFE location.  Accounts could be linked to you SDC phone app to give you 'real-time' overview of the charges.  I wouldn't expect it to speed up the turnstiles that much more (still would need to probably bring a photo id) but could help with the restaurant and gift shop lines.  Could even do various types of promotions/discounts that are personalized to pass holders through the account...including bring a friend options that don't including having to have the physical ticket....just scan at the turnstile and point at your friend when it pops up that you have that option today.  One day passes could either utilize a generic card and/or paper.  Could probably add an account to a generic card if a customer wanted through an app or kiosk's around the park.  Could use the cards to scan for Show Lovers and Trailblazers passes.  Could use the cards year after year and HFE would have a form of direct marketing to season pass holders through the account setup.  Cards could be used as tickets to all branson attractions and even could be used as room keys if HFE gets to that point.  This is a pretty basic system to build these days....most hotels have a version of it....and I'm sure HFE could spin up some competition between tech providers if they can't create it themselves.

Of course Disney has a system like this on drugs.  It's is basically the same thing but at different level is utilizes more and newer tech.  The WIFI enabled RFID watches are both amazing and a little scary.  They can track a customers every move within feets while they are in the park.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 22, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »
^that would be awesome.  I would love to have a seasons pass card that isn't paper that could be used for purchases throughout the park.  And I like the idea of being able to keep the same card year after year. 

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 22, 2016, 10:51:22 AM »
I'm not sure if the majority of SDC guest would be ready for it yet.....but this system could also easily use your smart phone as a season pass too.  You'd just need to sign on through an SDC app and it could display a QR code to scan at the gates for entry (like paperless boarding passes the airlines use).  Upgrade the checkouts to have the RF scanners and/or displays and you can pay by either a "apple pay" like tech from a smart phone and/or open a QR scanner through the SDC app you are logged onto and scan a QR code from the display from the cash register to link the SDC account with the purchase.  Could go cardless with a basic smart phone and SDC season pass account/app.  Tech is already being used in retail and starting to catch on with consumers.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:54:46 AM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

bwm8184

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 22, 2016, 11:23:13 AM »
I think a good redesign for the entry would include 2 walkways that enter onto the current square. Move the current SDC sign forward and remove the wall where it currently is. That would open up that space significantly and would ease congestion flowing through the small door way entrance. They could still use the current path that goes past the bakery and with some added theming you could use the current overflow entrance but instead of entering by Brown's Candy Factory you would enter on the square between Reunion Hall and the Hospitality House. This would require some demolition on the HH and moving the waiting area for cave tours to the existing building where you can inquire about getting married in the park (sorry I don't know what it's called). This would allow for minimal changes to the landscape around the opening to the cave. This would require some changes to the landscaping on the square most likely but would ease congestion.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #742 on: June 22, 2016, 09:32:49 PM »
I think a good redesign for the entry would include 2 walkways that enter onto the current square. Move the current SDC sign forward and remove the wall where it currently is. That would open up that space significantly and would ease congestion flowing through the small door way entrance. They could still use the current path that goes past the bakery and with some added theming you could use the current overflow entrance but instead of entering by Brown's Candy Factory you would enter on the square between Reunion Hall and the Hospitality House. This would require some demolition on the HH and moving the waiting area for cave tours to the existing building where you can inquire about getting married in the park (sorry I don't know what it's called). This would allow for minimal changes to the landscape around the opening to the cave. This would require some changes to the landscaping on the square most likely but would ease congestion.

Not trying to poo poo on your idea - but you do realize that the sink hole for the cave is right there.   That's the reason the walkway to the park takes it's current winding path
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 22, 2016, 09:44:11 PM »
I can imagine it now. Taking out my plastic SDC card with the barcode or QR code scanner, my picture, and name on it (kinda like a Frontier City pass). I cant accidentally rip it and I dont need to take my ID out. I dont care if it takes up much space in my wallet. It would be worth it. I know it may take a little longer when buying it, but it would be worth it to not take my ID out every single time. Since people wont need to pull out their ID, it may save like 5 seconds but thats better than nothing.

Digital cards? I never thought of that. It would have all the great things about the card above but it wont take up space in my wallet. I can just pull it up on my phone like how I pull up my card on the app every time I go to Kum & Go. Either way, you cant go wrong.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:44:45 PM by Laroy »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #744 on: June 23, 2016, 12:01:27 AM »
Anyone remember that SDC already had those credit card season passes a few years ago? Why not go back to something like that? They simply just checked your ID and swiped your pass card through a machine.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #745 on: June 23, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »
test

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #746 on: June 23, 2016, 09:31:12 PM »
^^Posting this again after deletion:

We're still using the same cards.  We just don't put them through the machines any more.  The technology was short-lived, but the machines were still lit up with red X's.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #747 on: June 23, 2016, 10:16:44 PM »
Shave, I'm not a fan of this white text on white background set up.  Makes it hard to read replies
  ;)
SWOOSH