What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217187 times)

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #705 on: June 18, 2016, 09:18:46 PM »
 ;D

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 19, 2016, 04:48:29 PM »
i voted Other for the best tasting color- i like the sarsparilla ones the best!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 19, 2016, 08:17:39 PM »
On a more serious note, one thing I would love about a revamped entrance is an SDC history museum of some sort. Something to show the park's history and how far it has come. I think that would be really cool and a great touch. Not many parks have this and it would just further set SDC apart showing that they do remember and embrace their past.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

psychosaw13

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Destination:Deserted
« Reply #708 on: June 19, 2016, 08:38:08 PM »
On a more serious note, one thing I would love about a revamped entrance is an SDC history museum of some sort. Something to show the park's history and how far it has come. I think that would be really cool and a great touch. Not many parks have this and it would just further set SDC apart showing that they do remember and embrace their past.

Yes a living interactive museum/entrance. With a small Rube Dugan theater showing the under water film.
*The stuff dreams are made of*
I ain't got no pants no more! The Dang Baldknobbers stole'em!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #709 on: June 19, 2016, 10:07:09 PM »

I hate to be Debbie Downer - but if they cared about their past there would not be gripe threads about theming disappearing, American Plunge's tunnel, FM neglect, FITH neglect, etc
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 19, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »
^I realize things aren't perfect but all in all I think SDC does a pretty good job. I've said it multiple times that I think a lot of fans overreact to certain things. I say that but then again the American Plunge tunnel is one of my biggest gripes.  :-\

pintrader

« Reply #711 on: June 20, 2016, 07:34:34 AM »

I hate to be Debbie Downer - but if they cared about their past there would not be gripe threads about theming disappearing, American Plunge's tunnel, FM neglect, FITH neglect, etc

I have heard on more than one occasion that the treehouse has not disappeared because of one person.   That one person is Jack Herschend.   So it does sound like there is some feeling of the past or sentimental value in some areas of the park.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 20, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »
I am just wondering how nostalgic they will be on the entrance. Could it be moved to a entirely different area? Or 1 way in And another way out? Looking at google earth it could be feasible to move the entrance next to Browns like they use for overflow now. So many possibilities.

I don't know how true the rumor is - but they described it looking like a Bass Pro Shop.  That makes me very nervous

Have you seen the bass pro shop in the pyramid in person?  The theming in there is absolutely amazing.  If they use that type of attention to detail to theming this could be great.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 20, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
I'm confused.  What does swamp land have to do with 1880s Ozark Mountains?
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 20, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »
Have you seen the bass pro shop in the pyramid in person?  The theming in there is absolutely amazing.  If they use that type of attention to detail to theming this could be great.

I'm confused.  What does swamp land have to do with 1880s Ozark Mountains?

I've been to they Pyramid Bass Pro and yes, it is amazing. But gotta agree with Swoosh on this one. It doesn't scream SDC to me. Bass Pro comes in and it's only a matter of time before we start seeing McDonald's, Panda Express, and Burger King spring up around the park. No thanks.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 20, 2016, 08:57:47 PM »
I'm not saying I think the swamp would fit in there.  If the theming is done ozark 1880 with the type of attention to detail as that.  I'm not saying put the bass pro shop at sdc. And please never a mcdonalds. 

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 20, 2016, 09:06:30 PM »
I hope we never get any corporate branding.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #717 on: June 20, 2016, 09:23:59 PM »
I hope we never get any corporate branding.

We already got Coke and Humana signage everywhere. The park already crossed that threshold. Granted its blended in a bit and not in your face unlike other places.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 20, 2016, 09:31:06 PM »
Eh, I guess I forgot about Coke. I guess I don't mind that as much because everywhere you go is sponsored by some soft drink (and I would much rather have Coke than Pepsi). I guess I should be more specific in that I hope we don't ever see fast food restaurants on property like you see at Cedar Fair or Six Flags. I don't think we have any reason to worry, other than the random Bass Pro rumor.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 20, 2016, 09:38:41 PM »
I think you misunderstood.  The design looked like a Bass Pro NOT that it would BE a Bass Pro
SWOOSH