What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217272 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #660 on: June 09, 2016, 10:19:07 AM »
From the trip reports I'm reading and from my parents experience.....sounds like the EH show has not been a hit this year.  Of course that can easily corrected without moving the whole venue.

I did some Mack roller coaster investigation last night....looked up the Helix, Blue Fire, and Lightning coasters that are oversees (some links on this board).  They look like a lot of fun!!!!  I'm sold on Mack as a ride maker IF that is the direction they are going.

My pitch to SDC is still to play off of FM and create a jailbreak story.  Story around how they where able to dig into a nearby mine shaft....try to ride off on the tracks only to end up back in custody.  Would be fun with a launch system that starts indoors with some heavy theming!!!!

I love the idea of themed areas with attractions with interconnected stories.  SDC would be one of the few places that it could be pulled off.

Mach has been churning out the new rides, here's a shuttle/water coaster

http://youtu.be/1xUab9Ivlg4

And their powered  inverted spinning ride system used at their own park
http://youtu.be/kr8J4eNJZNg
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:23:20 AM by chittlins »

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 09, 2016, 10:57:31 AM »
From the trip reports I'm reading and from my parents experience.....sounds like the EH show has not been a hit this year.  Of course that can easily corrected without moving the whole venue.

I did some Mack roller coaster investigation last night....looked up the Helix, Blue Fire, and Lightning coasters that are oversees (some links on this board).  They look like a lot of fun!!!!  I'm sold on Mack as a ride maker IF that is the direction they are going.

My pitch to SDC is still to play off of FM and create a jailbreak story.  Story around how they where able to dig into a nearby mine shaft....try to ride off on the tracks only to end up back in custody.  Would be fun with a launch system that starts indoors with some heavy theming!!!!

I love the idea of themed areas with attractions with interconnected stories.  SDC would be one of the few places that it could be pulled off.

Both of those look really fun. The indoor roller coaster has some great theming!! Id love to see something like that (yes swoosh I know you said it wouldn't be indoor).
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 09, 2016, 11:18:03 AM »

Wow....

The shuttle is pretty awesome....but I wouldn't want it at SDC (it's been tried here before....and seems like a low pph ride)   

The theming of that inverted ride is at Disney level.  I'd rather have a bigger thrill ride but I could see SDC doing something like that.  Maybe even a retrofit/rebuild of FM or FITH at some point.....even if it's just help with upgrading the theming.

If I only had the millions and millions of dollars to buy and build it out like how I would like....lol
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 09, 2016, 01:45:56 PM »

Humphry, There is a old thread on here somewhere where I proposed the same thing except it would be a log flume escape from the flooded mine. It would involve a mountain sort of like Splash mountain in WDW. I thought it would be a good idea in replacing the flooded mine and AP all in one big swoop and free up the entire AP area for a new ride.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 09, 2016, 04:27:42 PM »
^ I think something like that could be pretty cool

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 09, 2016, 05:58:12 PM »
Anyone gonna be in the city this weekend for updates on the progress?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #666 on: June 09, 2016, 06:37:36 PM »

Nope.  This weekend will be nuts with the HGT anniversary bash.
This is a WOF/OOF week for me.
SWOOSH

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 09, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »
Will it be bad Monday?
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 10, 2016, 06:58:52 AM »

Nope.  This weekend will be nuts with the HGT anniversary bash.
This is a WOF/OOF week for me.

Oh yeah I forgot it's their 90th. 

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 12, 2016, 09:53:05 PM »
Anyone heard how busy the weekend was, or of any new developments.  Really needing an update here lol

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 14, 2016, 08:55:40 AM »
Nothing at all from anyone? Really? I can't believe Summer is in full swing, a major park development is under way at the park, and we haven't heard a whisper of an update with respect to site changes for a couple weeks or more.

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2016, 09:16:33 AM »
Nothing at all from anyone? Really? I can't believe Summer is in full swing, a major park development is under way at the park, and we haven't heard a whisper of an update with respect to site changes for a couple weeks or more.

Yeah It's crazy.  I think we are gonna go over the 4th holiday.  Hopefully I can report back with something.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #672 on: June 14, 2016, 09:34:33 AM »

It's a long trip for a lot of us so we have to block out an entire weekend for it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do so for the next couple of months. I was hoping to go next month, but everything is up in the air for me at the moment.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 14, 2016, 09:41:49 AM »
I was there yesterday! The clearing is getting larger and there are more markings in the swoop out of the tunnel area on Thunderation. I spoke with people and they say the park has told them only that this is a multi year project and that it will be two rides/attractions and that a announcement will come in late August or early Sept. The announcement date was consistent with everyone I spoke with.
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

mammalone

« Reply #674 on: June 14, 2016, 02:07:33 PM »
I was there yesterday! The clearing is getting larger and there are more markings in the swoop out of the tunnel area on Thunderation. I spoke with people and they say the park has told them only that this is a multi year project and that it will be two rides/attractions and that a announcement will come in late August or early Sept. The announcement date was consistent with everyone I spoke with.

All of that makes sense and lines up with what I was told. If it is two rides/attractions, that would also explain the price tag tossed around. I wonder if that means that they will be in the same general area?