What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 218745 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #645 on: June 08, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »
They can just do what they did for river blast........announce it, then push it back a year.

I find it interesting that they are already putting stakes in the ground for a project that might be opening in 2018. Unless this project is so huge it takes 2 years to build, but even the biggest steel coasters don't take that long for construction.

I wonder if what we are hearing is a combination of many projects, some opening in 2017 with others in 2018?

And why would they need a new access roadway? Don't they already have a roadway that is in that general area? Or will they be taking out their current access roadway for one of the new attractions?

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 08, 2016, 01:42:03 PM »
Mack just opened this in China. What if SDC got one with the tallest and largest loop in North America. I think the whole spinning/diving thing is 2020ish. If this had macks spinning cars, well that would be insane.

http://youtu.be/tp5lXXOiccw

As for the whole spinning car thing... if it was a Mack why not just use a mixed car train where some would rotate and others would not. Example, 1st car nonrotating, 2nd car rotates, 3rd car nonrotating, 4th rotates, fifth car car nonrotating.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:42:37 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #647 on: June 08, 2016, 01:56:53 PM »
Well it being a Mack would go with the reports that the schematics show triangle shaped track. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #648 on: June 08, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
I find it interesting that they are already putting stakes in the ground for a project that might be opening in 2018. Unless this project is so huge it takes 2 years to build, but even the biggest steel coasters don't take that long for construction.

I wonder if what we are hearing is a combination of many projects, some opening in 2017 with others in 2018?

Trying to make sense of why they would drag it out an extra year, I can only assume that major infrastructure changes are in store and they want to get them done before the next major attraction surge. We've talked for years about how bad the entrance and exit is, and with the bag checks and added steps it is only getting worse. It is inevitable that it will be upgraded soon, so I'd put money down on that being something they are getting ready to work on this year. I've honestly been looking for markings or signs of work around the entrance for ages now. I can't believe it hasn't been done already.

Mack just opened this in China. What if SDC got one with the tallest and largest loop in North America. I think the whole spinning/diving thing is 2020ish. If this had macks spinning cars, well that would be insane.

http://youtu.be/tp5lXXOiccw

As for the whole spinning car thing... if it was a Mack why not just use a mixed car train where some would rotate and others would not. Example, 1st car nonrotating, 2nd car rotates, 3rd car nonrotating, 4th rotates, fifth car car nonrotating.

That would be amazing if they got that. A hyper coaster with a couple of inversions and no OTSR's. Throw in SDC's awesome terrain and you have the perfect coaster. The spinning cars would be completely unnecessary, but I wouldn't be surprised if they added one or more just for the marketing gimmick it would add. I guess without the special cars it would just be another Wildfire.

Only thing is, it would have to be a twisted layout to fit this space, unless they went over the road. Totally do-able either way, but if they were going to build this style of ride, why do it here and not at the other end of the park where they have more space? Perhaps there is more to the idea of them going over the road though. It seems unnecessary to me, but who knows.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:50:27 PM by shavethewhales »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 08, 2016, 03:03:59 PM »
Those Mack Rides look amazing!!!  Do they have any in the US?  Maybe SDC is working on another great deal (like with RMC) to get the company more attention in the US market?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #650 on: June 08, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
Here's another ride style that Mack makes: http://rcdb.com/12315.htm#p=68995

With that style they could get a wing coaster that could fit easily into extensive theming.

Mack has really expanded their catalog lately. They've taken over the aspects that both Intamin and Gerstauler used to specialize in, and improved upon them. They've been on the back of some enthusiasts' radar because all of their rides lately have been overseas, but they've been really pumping them out. SDC would be a great place for a triumphant return to the US market.

mammalone

« Reply #651 on: June 08, 2016, 05:16:50 PM »
Shave, don't be so surprised if they announce it this year. August.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 08, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
Disney announces their projects 7 years in advance, why can't SDC announce theirs 2 years early?  ::)

I agree with the opinion that multiple things are going to happen with this project, which would be the reason for the 2 year construction window.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #653 on: June 08, 2016, 07:16:06 PM »
The double wide construction trailer next to TNT's lift hill does make more sense now if this is indeed a 2018 debut instead of next year. I am betting Echo Hollow will be no more. Not just the restrooms.

Timetable:  (guessing)
Summer/Fall 2016: Clearing and landscaping continues
November 2016: Final Curtain Call for Echo Hollow
Winter: 2016: Echo Hollow is taken out
Spring 2017: Echo Hollow demo completed, landscaping/infrastructure for the coaster is completed
Summer/Fall 2017: Major Construction of the Coaster/Plaza
Winter 2017: Coaster Construction complete, testing and final elements of the plaza installed.
Spring 2018: Grand Opening.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:05:29 PM by sdcfan88 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 08, 2016, 08:42:40 PM »
Disney announces their projects 7 years in advance, why can't SDC announce theirs 2 years early?  ::)

I agree with the opinion that multiple things are going to happen with this project, which would be the reason for the 2 year construction window.

They announced a new hotel for Anaheim, it may be ready in 2021, geez.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 08, 2016, 08:44:45 PM »
The double wide construction trailer next to TNT's lift hill does make more sense now if this is indeed a 2018 debut instead of next year. I am betting Echo Hollow will be no more. Not just the restrooms.

Timetable:  (guessing)
Summer/Fall 2016: Clearing and landscaping continues
November 2016: Final Curtain Call for Echo Hollow
Winter: 2016: Echo Hollow is taken out
Spring 2017: Echo Hollow demo completed, landscaping/infrastructure for the coaster is completed
Summer/Fall 2017: Major Construction of the Coaster/Plaza
Winter 2017: Coaster Construction complete, testing and final elements of the plaza installed.
Spring 2018: Grand Opening.

Echo Hollow isn't going anywhere.
SWOOSH

sawblade5

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 08, 2016, 08:48:59 PM »
Can someone confirm that Ech Hallow is gonna be removed?  I heard denials of its removal on my park visit and stated that this attraction would go around it. Also besides the fact that there's no replacement for the Echo Hallow. Also SDC tends to advertise Final Year for big shows like this which they have not. Why wouldn't they advertise Final Year for the Echo Hallow show?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 08, 2016, 08:50:32 PM »
Can someone confirm that Ech Hallow is gonna be removed?  I heard denials of its removal on my park visit and stated that this attraction would go around it. Also besides the fact that there's no replacement for the Echo Hallow. Also SDC tends to advertise Final Year for big shows like this which they have not. Why wouldn't they advertise Final Year for the Echo Hallow show?

Echo Hollow isn't going anywhere.
SWOOSH

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 08, 2016, 09:05:32 PM »
^lol

The employees I was able to talk to all did agree on the fact that echo hollow wasn't going anywhere

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 09, 2016, 08:00:39 AM »
From the trip reports I'm reading and from my parents experience.....sounds like the EH show has not been a hit this year.  Of course that can easily corrected without moving the whole venue.

I did some Mack roller coaster investigation last night....looked up the Helix, Blue Fire, and Lightning coasters that are oversees (some links on this board).  They look like a lot of fun!!!!  I'm sold on Mack as a ride maker IF that is the direction they are going.

My pitch to SDC is still to play off of FM and create a jailbreak story.  Story around how they where able to dig into a nearby mine shaft....try to ride off on the tracks only to end up back in custody.  Would be fun with a launch system that starts indoors with some heavy theming!!!!

I love the idea of themed areas with attractions with interconnected stories.  SDC would be one of the few places that it could be pulled off.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:01:22 AM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"