What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217216 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #615 on: June 07, 2016, 09:32:50 AM »
If it will be a 2 year build I'd have to agree with the EH speculation then....

On my first first visit this year I stopped and looked over the EH area from the walkway the run across the top and gazed through the leafless trees down into EH.  I could imagine that would be an amazing vantage point for the GP to view a new attraction.  Kind of like the deck that overlooks WF.  I could easily the EH real estate and it's space filled with a ride and maybe filled in with some theming. 

I have 0% insider info but I would think that if EH is being moved.....the very first thing they would be doing is building its replacement.  Would a new EH be rebuild on that side of the park too?  Is there any other dirt moving around the property?  Would they go without an big amphitheatre?

For the record....Volkswagen is joke to laugh about how little we actually know and if it doesn't come till 2018 I will be disappointed....but that doesn't mean I'm mad or ungrateful about SDC and the next new thing.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #616 on: June 07, 2016, 11:20:11 AM »
Or perhaps they are sitting back and laughing at all of the enthusiasts as they have bought all the lines they've "leaked" to their employees about the project.  ???  In the information age, they know we're fairly good at digging things up before the official announcements, and there have been so many things put out this time that we continue to scramble with our visions:

The demise of TnT
The demise of FM
Retheming GE
Relocating the entrance
Relocating EH
A coaster between WF and PK
A coaster to interact with TnT
A "spinner"
A $20 million expansion
A 2017 addition
A 2018 addition
A 2020 addition
A record setter
Removal of EH restrooms
Relocation of GE kiddie rides
A plaza
Relocating magic stage and area concessions
A combination of some of these

If a complete redesign is in order, and EH moves closer to the entrance, and the entrance moves for a better flow, and a new, record-setting coaster is built to "interact" with TnT, extending through the rethemed GE and circling around to the railroad (effectively removing FM), the entrance to the park could move closer to EH and cross beneath or through the new coaster in some way.  Yeah, I think I just guessed their whole plan for the next project; they can't put anything over on me!   :o
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 07, 2016, 11:25:39 AM »
If this is actually not opening till 2018 im more excited! Gonna be huge!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

mammalone

« Reply #618 on: June 07, 2016, 11:34:23 AM »
If this is actually not opening till 2018 im more excited! Gonna be huge!

Same here. It's going to be big, that's for sure. The next 20 months or so will be fun.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #619 on: June 07, 2016, 12:51:55 PM »
Or perhaps they are sitting back and laughing at all of the enthusiasts as they have bought all the lines they've "leaked" to their employees about the project.  ???  In the information age, they know we're fairly good at digging things up before the official announcements, and there have been so many things put out this time that we continue to scramble with our visions:

The demise of TnT
The demise of FM
Retheming GE
Relocating the entrance
Relocating EH
A coaster between WF and PK
A coaster to interact with TnT
A "spinner"
A $20 million expansion
A 2017 addition
A 2018 addition
A 2020 addition
A record setter
Removal of EH restrooms
Relocation of GE kiddie rides
A plaza
Relocating magic stage and area concessions
A combination of some of these

If a complete redesign is in order, and EH moves closer to the entrance, and the entrance moves for a better flow, and a new, record-setting coaster is built to "interact" with TnT, extending through the rethemed GE and circling around to the railroad (effectively removing FM), the entrance to the park could move closer to EH and cross beneath or through the new coaster in some way.  Yeah, I think I just guessed their whole plan for the next project; they can't put anything over on me!   :o

They don't have to leak anything, all of that and more is just base speculation that we throw out there based on what we can imagine them doing. Not hard to come up with a list of 100 possibilities for the park.

A lot of this is just speculating the inevitable though. The entrance will be re-done sooner or later, the coaster is obviously being built and it will need an entrance plaza, and something will happen to EH one way or another. Don't even get me started on FM. It's all just a matter of when on a lot of this.

And yeah, chittlins, White Water is kind of lost in all of this. It seemed like they were all gung-ho about rebuilding and re-imagining it a few years ago, but all progress seems to have ground to a halt. I hardly even remember it's there anymore.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 07, 2016, 12:59:21 PM »
Wonder how many people like me will pass on 2017 season tix if it ends up being a 2018 build?  That's not a hate on SDC or some type of threat....just stating that if that is the schedule I will probably save that vacation money for a trip somewhere else and watch what ever gets built get done from the message boards.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 07, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »
I think this thread has really brought something to light.....PTB listen up, sdc needs a place where people can eat crayons  ;D ;D ;D

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 07, 2016, 01:48:04 PM »
Seriously though, I love the excitement and rumblings of what's going on at the city.  My kids ask me everyday if there are new pictures or any news about what's happening.  I can't wait till they really start releasing details.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 07, 2016, 02:21:55 PM »
Wonder how many people like me will pass on 2017 season tix if it ends up being a 2018 build?  That's not a hate on SDC or some type of threat....just stating that if that is the schedule I will probably save that vacation money for a trip somewhere else and watch what ever gets built get done from the message boards.

I think I will.  I have passed on passes the last 2 years because of no new attractions that I cared about. I love the place but I just went on the Thursday special from Country Mart and cut back on my trips. I hope something new is coming in 17 but I want it done right also. This is all fun though.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #624 on: June 07, 2016, 03:03:35 PM »
I think this thread has really brought something to light.....PTB listen up, sdc needs a place where people can eat crayons  ;D ;D ;D

Did everyone catch "42" as the other option?
I honestly hope that didn't go over anyone's head.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #625 on: June 07, 2016, 03:22:29 PM »
^Other that the fact that this is the 42nd page of this thread, I guess it did.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 07, 2016, 03:27:23 PM »
7x6

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 07, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »
Or was it a reference to hitch hiking

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #628 on: June 07, 2016, 03:39:35 PM »

Wait, is 42 some sort of hint?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #629 on: June 07, 2016, 03:40:38 PM »

Wait, is 42 some sort of hint?

It's not a hint, it's the answer!