What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217139 times)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #600 on: June 06, 2016, 04:40:33 PM »
Obviously, anything is possible, but plausible is a totally different thing. I personally don't think the park would invest in putting in a more tame "family" coaster on the heels of FL. I also don't see it as plausible that they would install one right next to an already very "family" oriented coaster in TNT.

Just my two.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:26:58 PM by BackInTime9 »

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 06, 2016, 05:27:31 PM »
With SDC getting more and more attention to their rollercoasters by enthusiasts, I wouldn't be surprised if they added something that would set the world a buzz.  I'd like to see more rides like outlaw run, wildfire.  Something big, daring and fun.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #602 on: June 06, 2016, 07:40:41 PM »
I just want to know..... And we might be speculating until August 2017 if they do delay this project.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #603 on: June 06, 2016, 08:15:26 PM »
Sounds like it's time to change the poll again.  ;D ;D ;D
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 06, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »
       If SDC does not build something this year they will have a bunch of disappointed fans.  I don't think they will pull a
Disney and hype it for 7 years while they drag their feet building it.  My money is on seeing development soon in this area I am betting that things are going to start to take shape soon.  Its only June, when were we seeing the work on Outlaw Run?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:19:57 PM by mhguy77 »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 06, 2016, 08:20:13 PM »
Zephon shared pictures of site work the second week of January 2012 on OR. In terms of what that could mean for  whatever is going in near TNT, I see three possibilities.

1) Nothing is opening until 2018
2) Whatever is going in will open in 2017, but isn't going to going to blow our socks off
3) Work will be aggressive and less complex to construct than OR and will be ready by next season

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:28:50 PM by BackInTime9 »

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 06, 2016, 08:31:58 PM »

;D
I eat crayons
 ;D

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 06, 2016, 08:46:11 PM »
Does Volkswagen make a spinner?

If it is a cowboy theme I hope it doesn't spin.  Actual....I hope it doesn't spin on any theme.

Didn't they once have a family ride on a survey years ago with a horse riding theme?  Seems like I took one probable 6-7 years ago by email.  Had individual horses to ride.

Here's the idea with the horses: http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=1572.0

I'm Your Huckleberry

mammalone

« Reply #608 on: June 06, 2016, 10:45:40 PM »
I'm confident in 100% confirming the following that should settle some of this:

1. 2018 debut
2. Official announcement coming in August of this year.
3. Their biggest investment ever (although we kinda already knew that.)

That's all I could get. Good thing is we will know specifics sooner than later.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #609 on: June 06, 2016, 11:14:03 PM »

;D
I eat crayons
 ;D

Wow.  A lot more people eat crayons than I expected
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #610 on: June 07, 2016, 12:58:45 AM »

1. 2018 debut

The 4D concept ruined Arrow Dynamics, and when S&S bought them out and built the new one in Japan it had (and has?) plenty of trouble as well. I know there are new variations coming out now, especially with the new vertical 4D concept from S&S that both SFFT and SFGAdv have built, but that would really surprise me at SDC. Those things go well into the high thrill spectrum instead of the resort-friendly "looks more thrilling than it really is" type of stuff that you get from B&M.

So we are talking about SDC's version of "X" but with a twist? (pun intended)
And that's kinda surprising if it's really gonna take well over a year for them to build it. It would have to be massive.
All that previous talk about 2017 being the "big" year to visit is gonna leave a lot of people disappointed IF this new development is indeed true. lol

Also on a side note it is pretty cool to see S&S has SDC featured as their banner image here: http://www.engineeringexcitement.com/product/4d-free-spin/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:27:34 AM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #611 on: June 07, 2016, 08:08:21 AM »

1. 2018 debut

Well, if we take that at face value, I might have to give up making guesses at this until the site develops more. That is, of course, also assuming that other previous rumors are also correct in that this won't be a B&M or something enclosed. I don't know what else they would spend so much money on, unless they are getting some kind of hyper/mega coaster.

Sounds like there's a lot of conflicting info out there right now. It'd be foolish to take too much stock in anything yet, so I'm just going to sit back and trust they know what they're doing for now.

The 2018 opening is being repeated by more and more employees, so I guess that is indeed what we're looking at. It's now a trend for them to take two years on some major projects. River Blast, Outlaw Run, and now this. We'll have it figured out one way or another this Fall at least.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 07, 2016, 08:37:16 AM »

1. 2018 debut

Well, if we take that at face value, I might have to give up making guesses at this until the site develops more. That is, of course, also assuming that other previous rumors are also correct in that this won't be a B&M or something enclosed. I don't know what else they would spend so much money on, unless they are getting some kind of hyper/mega coaster.

Sounds like there's a lot of conflicting info out there right now. It'd be foolish to take too much stock in anything yet, so I'm just going to sit back and trust they know what they're doing for now.

The 2018 opening is being repeated by more and more employees, so I guess that is indeed what we're looking at. It's now a trend for them to take two years on some major projects. River Blast, Outlaw Run, and now this. We'll have it figured out one way or another this Fall at least.

Well, I guess White Water could use something major for 2017 then. After Aquatica San Antonio with it's aviary lazy river and sting rays and some exciting raft rides and ShlitterBahn New Braunfels, White Water stands outs as lacking even more. Even a a little park in a position dunk town had what I would call a junior water coaster.

Shave, you spend time in OKC right? The new slide, ropes, zip line, rock climbing, bungee tampoline thing in the Boathouse District screams Branson doesn't it?

I've said for many years here that a man made whitewater course and artificial ski slope resort complex would be killer in the summer, add that and you have only heck of a trio. Add some mountain bike trails as gravy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:39:38 AM by chittlins »

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 07, 2016, 09:04:57 AM »
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the reason this thing is going to take until 2018 is because they are moving eco hollow? Maybe the ride itself wont take that long to build, maybe its all of the other things along with it. That might also explain the high price tag?
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 07, 2016, 09:09:42 AM »
This is all getting kind of crazy...truth is no one knows what is going on without making twenty guesses and hoping one of them is right, so they can say "told you so"
We have no idea and I don't see why people would be upset or disappointed if a new ride doesn't open this year, considering no one from SDC officially said there would be one.  It's all rumor and speculation, mostly on here and other forums, and most people who go to the park have no idea until SDC makes an official announcement anyway.  As shave says we have to take what we read on here with a grain of salt and I dont know that a lot of us are listening.
I don't care what it is or when it is as long as it is themed correctly and doesn't ruin the atmosphere of the park, trees, TNT, etc.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.