What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217275 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #585 on: June 05, 2016, 11:51:48 PM »
A few things have come to light. 

1. This will NOT be a B&M
2. No one will see this coming (the style of coaster)
3. It's looking more like 2018 (like I said they are biting off a lot this offseason)

As always things change quickly so it could still come in 2017, but don't get your hopes up

Why did you post a few pages earlier that this coaster would have a traditional lift hill when you really had no clue.  And on another forum, that it's likely we'd be getting our first invert? Just be real swoosh. Anyway I'm thinking this could go the way of Firechaser Express. That's part hopeful and part I have no clue!

It will have a traditional lift hill (it will not be launched)

At the time, the coaster being described made it sound like it was going to be an inverted, when more details emerged it morphed into what sounded more like a wing coaster (note the person's legs are still dangling - so it was a natural progression).  The latest information has since progressed further.  When you combine that with where the higher ups have gone to tour coasters within the past year things fall into place. 

Speculation is fun.  I can only go off what backstage rumblings I hear.  Most of the time they're pretty spot on.  I'm not trying to come across as all knowing as I don't care.  If you want to get butthurt over what I post that's your prerogative.  But to protect my "buddies" I'm not going to come right out and say every single thing I'm told.  That's my prerogative. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 06, 2016, 09:10:31 AM »
I'm wondering if that's not the end game for the Tracks.  They have really been "reinventing" Track 3 here lately.   The Tracks in Pigeon Forge have more rides at them then the Branson ones.  Personally I'd prefer a White Lightning clone (Fun Spot) then a Switchback Railway but either would work

I've been on both, as well as my kids, we all like Switchback better. I know you are partial to GCI over GG but that is a fun little coaster in that hole in the wall park. GCI has a similar concept that's never been built yet. I would like to see a corkscrew incorporated in the switchback concept but going backwards through one may be a bit much. A trick track to avoid it would be too slow to pull off diverting the train from a backwards  corkscrew. GG did well with that coaster. ZDT is a neat concept, a rather tame water coaster and a couple of more slides. An elevated go cart track that can be closed off and convert into a flat, all indoor track in case of rain. A decent selection of video games set on free play, a shot tower type ride,  a little fireball swing ride, multiple rock climbing walls, a bungee trampoline thingy, all for 20 bucks a head. We got there right after a thunder storm on Sat afternoon. We saw a flash of lightning as we parked and then the rain stopped. The coaster was back up after fifteen minutes of no lightning even though it was a light sprinkle and blue skies were still a few minutes away.

Back to 2017/2018, I hope it has the world's tallest drop track segment, like 20 ft. I think BGW's is 15ft?

Branson needs a Buckee's!

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 06, 2016, 09:48:59 AM »
I'm wondering if that's not the end game for the Tracks.  They have really been "reinventing" Track 3 here lately.   The Tracks in Pigeon Forge have more rides at them then the Branson ones.  Personally I'd prefer a White Lightning clone (Fun Spot) then a Switchback Railway but either would work

I've been on both, as well as my kids, we all like Switchback better. I know you are partial to GCI over GG but that is a fun little coaster in that hole in the wall park. GCI has a similar concept that's never been built yet. I would like to see a corkscrew incorporated in the switchback concept but going backwards through one may be a bit much. A trick track to avoid it would be too slow to pull off diverting the train from a backwards  corkscrew. GG did well with that coaster. ZDT is a neat concept, a rather tame water coaster and a couple of more slides. An elevated go cart track that can be closed off and convert into a flat, all indoor track in case of rain. A decent selection of video games set on free play, a shot tower type ride,  a little fireball swing ride, multiple rock climbing walls, a bungee trampoline thingy, all for 20 bucks a head. We got there right after a thunder storm on Sat afternoon. We saw a flash of lightning as we parked and then the rain stopped. The coaster was back up after fifteen minutes of no lightning even though it was a light sprinkle and blue skies were still a few minutes away.

Back to 2017/2018, I hope it has the world's tallest drop track segment, like 20 ft. I think BGW's is 15ft?

Branson needs a Buckee's!

Are you from Texas? I live in Katy TX and they are building a Buckee's 5 min from me!
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 06, 2016, 10:29:47 AM »
No he's from Arkansas.  He's just holidaying in Texas
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #589 on: June 06, 2016, 10:49:51 AM »
Speculation is fun.  I can only go off what backstage rumblings I hear.  ...

This. I always feel a need to reiterate that this is all speculation and rumors. Everything in this thread should be taken with a healthy dose of salt. We're all just shooting the crap until more factual evidence shows up. You can never take the backstage rumblings too seriously because most of the employees don't know what they're talking about, and even if they did hear something real the plans change so often around here that it's hard to keep track of and know what's actually going to come to fruition.

If we assume B&M is really out of the question, that erases a lot of my assumptions and hopes for this project. My other guesses would be more family-oriented, like I said before with the family launched coaster. Looking through Mack and Gerstauler's catalogs, not much jumps out at me other than family launch coasters and spinning coasters. Not sure where I'd put my money now, but maybe a spinner is looking more and more like a good bet?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 06, 2016, 11:02:38 AM »
You need to broaden your search from just those companies and not be so narrow minded on spinner.  They never said "tea-cup spinner" why are you automatically jumping to that style?
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #591 on: June 06, 2016, 11:42:54 AM »
Is that why I never got a response on this?

I was thinking something more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdWhDMbGYS0
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 06, 2016, 11:48:44 AM »
No he's from Arkansas.  He's just holidaying in Texas

New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah. Some 4,000 odd miles in total but we are home in NWA now for a couple of months.

Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches, Capital Reef, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, Petrified Forest, Carlsbad Carvens National Parks, numerous National Monuments like Vermillion Cliffs, El Maipais, Sunset Crater, White Sands, ect. Nearly a dozen National Forests and then a 4 day stint in San Antonio.

Buc-ee's have made it as far north as the Metroplex now, I figure they'll be at the Texoma line and Texarkana area soon enough. My first visit to on was two years ago between Houston and Galveston. That is free enterprise and entrepreneurial vision at work right there. The Super Walmart of the convenience store world.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:46:13 PM by chittlins »

mammalone

« Reply #593 on: June 06, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »
You need to broaden your search from just those companies and not be so narrow minded on spinner.  They never said "tea-cup spinner" why are you automatically jumping to that style?

I've seen this posted somewhere on this forum. Isn't this what you're referring to?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTBcYF2QjoM

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 06, 2016, 01:41:15 PM »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 06, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »

I've seen this posted somewhere on this forum. Isn't this what you're referring to?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTBcYF2QjoM

I'm just saying spinners don't only have to spin on a y-axis. 
For some reason on here when people hear spinner they think Spinning Dragons/Pandemonium or Sierra Sidewinder.   There are spinners out there that are FAR from family rides. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #596 on: June 06, 2016, 01:59:26 PM »
To be clear, when I say "spinner" I'm referring to any coaster with spinning cars including: single car spinning coasters (tony hawk's big spin), multi-car spinning coasters (sierra sidewinder), and even the Blue Fire concept. When you bring other axis into the equation it kind of makes the distinction useless. I call those rides 4D coasters.

The 4D concept ruined Arrow Dynamics, and when S&S bought them out and built the new one in Japan it had (and has?) plenty of trouble as well. I know there are new variations coming out now, especially with the new vertical 4D concept from S&S that both SFFT and SFGAdv have built, but that would really surprise me at SDC. Those things go well into the high thrill spectrum instead of the resort-friendly "looks more thrilling than it really is" type of stuff that you get from B&M.

The Blue Fire thing, on the other hand, is something we know they have investigated thoroughly at least. HFEC did go out to Europa park to ride it, and of course it was included as an option on a recent survey. I think we all kind of assumed they'd pass it up or it would go to DW instead, but who knows at this point.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 06, 2016, 03:11:10 PM »
Does Volkswagen make a spinner?

If it is a cowboy theme I hope it doesn't spin.  Actual....I hope it doesn't spin on any theme.

Didn't they once have a family ride on a survey years ago with a horse riding theme?  Seems like I took one probable 6-7 years ago by email.  Had individual horses to ride.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:12:57 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 06, 2016, 03:16:09 PM »
wow....I just watched that Mack video.....that would be awesome.   ;D
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Tmboote

• Blacksmith