What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217186 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #570 on: June 05, 2016, 07:43:50 PM »
What continues to bother me is the fact that a lot of markings are right by Thunderation and even under some of the track.  What kind of coaster could be that close if they were keeping tnt open?  Walking down the line for tnt yesterday I saw the markings were a lot closer than I would like to see to tnt.  What could that all mean?

The orange markings on the ground around TNT are for various cables. The actual stake markers are where the track will go. Apparently the new coaster will come real close to TNT's pull out of the station, and we know it will cross over at least once, but nothing seems to point to them replacing TNT with this.

The track cross overs aren't anything exciting. I'd much rather have trees, but it's not a big deal either way.

I'm intrigued at the double wide construction trailer. Perhaps I just don't remember it, but have any of the other major coasters recently had their own construction office? Coasters typically go up too fast to need an on-site office...

This had better be one blow-out outstanding ride if they are going to take their sweet time on it again. Outlaw Run was worth the wait though...

While this is a pretty out in left field theory, but with talks of the ride being pushed back to 2018 perhaps they are bringing in special landscaping engineers who know how to build around caverns to make a large coaster tunnel (with possible water/fog elements) without disturbing the cave? Unlike what we were led to believe, I am still speculating on the possibility that the rumored dive coaster was actually for 2017 instead of 2020. A tunnel element is a known trademark of a dive coaster and it would work great with the terrain seeing how TNT already has one over there.

I don't know about all that cavern stuff necessarily, but yeah it could be that they'll take a whole year just to build a massive themed building/artificial mine shaft/cave to put this coaster in. That would really make it worth the wait. My dream is that this will end up being the B&M dive machine version of Mystery Mine, but I really doubt it.

Another possibility is that this is the Mack family launched coaster we've been waiting for. That would match the 'german' rumor. It would kind of overshadow TNT if the station is going to go right there, but a smaller coaster like that would be easier to conceal and encapsulate in certain areas to maintain EH.

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 05, 2016, 08:00:03 PM »
If they are going to wait until 2018 to have it open, it better be a BIG, HUGE deal to make us wait another year.  In other words, I'd be pretty upset if they wait another year for a coaster and it ended up being a little dinky ride of some kind.  When do they usually announce next years attractions?  Side question, does anyone have any press release or photos of videos from when they announced tnt and or first day it opened?

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 05, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
As much as fun as worrying about the unknown is... let's look at a construction update instead

https://midwestinfoguide.blogspot.com/2016/06/project-2017-sdc.html

Just so you know the numbers on the stakes are not coordinates, they are elevations.

Pretty sure elevations are coordinates but that's neither here or there.

Generally coordinates would be latitude and longitude and elevations are distance above sea level.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #573 on: June 05, 2016, 08:16:55 PM »
If they are going to wait until 2018 to have it open, it better be a BIG, HUGE deal to make us wait another year.  In other words, I'd be pretty upset if they wait another year for a coaster and it ended up being a little dinky ride of some kind.  When do they usually announce next years attractions?  Side question, does anyone have any press release or photos of videos from when they announced tnt and or first day it opened?

I think HFE seems to announce rides in August in recent years.

I would be really sad if this ride gets pushed back considering that it is almost obvious to everyone by now that something is coming.  I would rather have the other planned projects pushed back, because if I know what that is, I would be fine waiting until 2018 for it.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 05, 2016, 08:37:30 PM »
I don't know about all that cavern stuff necessarily, but yeah it could be that they'll take a whole year just to build a massive themed building/artificial mine shaft/cave to put this coaster in. That would really make it worth the wait. My dream is that this will end up being the B&M dive machine version of Mystery Mine, but I really doubt it.

Another possibility is that this is the Mack family launched coaster we've been waiting for. That would match the 'german' rumor. It would kind of overshadow TNT if the station is going to go right there, but a smaller coaster like that would be easier to conceal and encapsulate in certain areas to maintain EH.

I'll wait until 2018 if it means we are getting a heavily themed world-class indoor coaster. It's the one thing SDC NEEDS.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 05, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »
I hoping it's a world class rollercoaster, one that will have everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for this ride to open.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #576 on: June 05, 2016, 09:04:15 PM »
A few things have come to light. 

1. This will NOT be a B&M
2. No one will see this coming (the style of coaster)
3. It's looking more like 2018 (like I said they are biting off a lot this offseason)

As always things change quickly so it could still come in 2017, but don't get your hopes up
SWOOSH

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 05, 2016, 09:38:00 PM »
What else are they biting off in this off season?

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 05, 2016, 10:00:06 PM »

What I'm hearing is that it will be a record breaking family hyper-indoor-cavern-mining-cowboy ride named for a bird that twists through TnT, loops around the EH stage, crosses Indian Pt Rd, swoops around the kiddy frog ride, and that will be made by Volkswagen and completed sometime before 2021.

Well....I'm officially still completely confused about what will happen....but its been fun  :D
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 05, 2016, 10:10:23 PM »
For anyone hoping for an indoor coaster, you might as well end those hopes now - it ain't happening
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 05, 2016, 10:26:44 PM »
Someone mentioned markers by the TNT lift hill. These could have something to do with the new entrance/exit instead of a coaster.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #581 on: June 05, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »
Interesting development, while disappointing too considering it seemed to be the most likely (and logical) outcome for the park to expand with.
Which brings the question, will it even be a steel coaster at this point? I will laugh (in a good way) if it is a massive GCI terrain coaster as nobody would expect it considering their last coaster was a record setting RMC. The speculation continues.

Take Mountain Flyer built by GCI in China for instance:
http://parkthoughts.com/2010/02/16/new-gci-terrain-coaster-for-china/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unocjGOPRUM
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:41:56 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 05, 2016, 10:58:21 PM »
It will be steel
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #583 on: June 05, 2016, 11:10:18 PM »
Which brings the question, will it even be a steel coaster at this point? I will laugh (in a good way) if it is a massive GCI terrain coaster as nobody would expect it considering their last coaster was a record setting RMC. The speculation continues.

I don't think it could be a GCI because it is looking like it will travel over TNT and I don't think a GCI coaster could travel over another, or at least they usually don't.

mammalone

« Reply #584 on: June 05, 2016, 11:28:00 PM »
A few things have come to light. 

1. This will NOT be a B&M
2. No one will see this coming (the style of coaster)
3. It's looking more like 2018 (like I said they are biting off a lot this offseason)

As always things change quickly so it could still come in 2017, but don't get your hopes up

Why did you post a few pages earlier that this coaster would have a traditional lift hill when you really had no clue.  And on another forum, that it's likely we'd be getting our first invert? Just be real swoosh. Anyway I'm thinking this could go the way of Firechaser Express. That's part hopeful and part I have no clue!