What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 218754 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #555 on: June 05, 2016, 02:15:00 PM »
How so, exactly?

Well, we'll more than likely lose a lot of trees and maybe have another coaster traveling over it.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 05, 2016, 02:22:27 PM »
As much as fun as worrying about the unknown is... let's look at a construction update instead

https://midwestinfoguide.blogspot.com/2016/06/project-2017-sdc.html

Just so you know the numbers on the stakes are not coordinates, they are elevations.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 05, 2016, 02:24:46 PM »
Adding a track over tnt would be pretty fun.  It seems pretty empty anymore so having an added attraction to interact with would really boost the ride I think.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 05, 2016, 02:25:46 PM »
The orange ones are for the column and the pink for the coaster CL (centerline) you should be able to take the difference between the two and work out the height of the track in that location. 
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #559 on: June 05, 2016, 04:27:33 PM »
What continues to bother me is the fact that a lot of markings are right by Thunderation and even under some of the track.  What kind of coaster could be that close if they were keeping tnt open?  Walking down the line for tnt yesterday I saw the markings were a lot closer than I would like to see to tnt.  What could that all mean?

The orange markings on the ground around TNT are for various cables. The actual stake markers are where the track will go. Apparently the new coaster will come real close to TNT's pull out of the station, and we know it will cross over at least once, but nothing seems to point to them replacing TNT with this.

The track cross overs aren't anything exciting. I'd much rather have trees, but it's not a big deal either way.

I'm intrigued at the double wide construction trailer. Perhaps I just don't remember it, but have any of the other major coasters recently had their own construction office? Coasters typically go up too fast to need an on-site office...

This had better be one blow-out outstanding ride if they are going to take their sweet time on it again. Outlaw Run was worth the wait though...

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #560 on: June 05, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »
What continues to bother me is the fact that a lot of markings are right by Thunderation and even under some of the track.  What kind of coaster could be that close if they were keeping tnt open?  Walking down the line for tnt yesterday I saw the markings were a lot closer than I would like to see to tnt.  What could that all mean?

The orange markings on the ground around TNT are for various cables. The actual stake markers are where the track will go. Apparently the new coaster will come real close to TNT's pull out of the station, and we know it will cross over at least once, but nothing seems to point to them replacing TNT with this.

The track cross overs aren't anything exciting. I'd much rather have trees, but it's not a big deal either way.

I'm intrigued at the double wide construction trailer. Perhaps I just don't remember it, but have any of the other major coasters recently had their own construction office? Coasters typically go up too fast to need an on-site office...

This had better be one blow-out outstanding ride if they are going to take their sweet time on it again. Outlaw Run was worth the wait though...

While this is a pretty out in left field theory, but with talks of the ride being pushed back to 2018 perhaps they are bringing in special landscaping engineers who know how to build around caverns to make a large coaster tunnel (with possible water/fog elements) without disturbing the cave? Unlike what we were led to believe, I am still speculating on the possibility that the rumored dive coaster was actually for 2017 instead of 2020. A tunnel element is a known trademark of a dive coaster and it would work great with the terrain seeing how TNT already has one over there.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #561 on: June 05, 2016, 04:58:14 PM »
I just don't see how they can do construction while keeping TNT open for normal daily operation.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #562 on: June 05, 2016, 05:36:57 PM »
The ride experience we have all known and loved on TNT might be going away but the ride itself should remain intact.

That went away when they turned the carts back around making them all go forward. 
I think you're being a little over the top with your "gloom and doom" but to each his own
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 05, 2016, 06:19:35 PM »
The ride experience we have all known and loved on TNT might be going away but the ride itself should remain intact.

That went away when they turned the carts back around making them all go forward. 
I think you're being a little over the top with your "gloom and doom" but to each his own

Sidenote, We stopped at ZDT's yesterday and rode switchback about 20 that's a fun GCI woody shuttle. The Track owners need to get down there and check that Lil bag of fun out. Lot's of fun for 20 bucks a head at that place.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 05, 2016, 06:30:44 PM »
I'm wondering if that's not the end game for the Tracks.  They have really been "reinventing" Track 3 here lately.   The Tracks in Pigeon Forge have more rides at them then the Branson ones.  Personally I'd prefer a White Lightning clone (Fun Spot) then a Switchback Railway but either would work
SWOOSH

sawblade5

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 05, 2016, 06:31:21 PM »

Sidenote, We stopped at ZDT's yesterday and rode switchback about 20 that's a fun GCI woody shuttle. The Track owners need to get down there and check that Lil bag of fun out. Lot's of fun for 20 bucks a head at that place.

Actually ZDT's Switchback is a Gravity Group creation with a Timberliner train. Not a GCI.

As for the Track on getting a coaster, Don't they have one at what I believe to be a Track Family Fun Center in Gulf Shores,  AL?

And to address the thread.  I have been told the ride has been delayed until 2018, can someone confirm this?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 05, 2016, 06:41:40 PM »
i have been told the ride has been delayed until 2018, can someone confirm this?

It has been rumored but nothing concrete.  They are throwing out a bunch of stuff right now to catch leaks so who knows the validity. 

They have bitten off a lot to get done before next season so we'll see what all gets done. 
SWOOSH

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 05, 2016, 06:53:54 PM »
With where the markers are, I'm curious to see how they are going to fit it all in.  I know they won't take out Echo Hollow so it just seems like a smallerish coaster would be in order for it to fit in that little space.  Or that could be the back of the coaster but correct me here, can't you see tnt from the entrance road?  If so then where's all the room coming from if they aren't going to get rid of tnt or echo hollow?

mhguy77@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 05, 2016, 07:06:05 PM »
but correct me here, can't you see tnt from the entrance road?  If so then where's all the room coming from if they aren't going to get rid of tnt or echo hollow?
Check google earth, there is enough room to do whatever they would like. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 05, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »
As much as fun as worrying about the unknown is... let's look at a construction update instead

https://midwestinfoguide.blogspot.com/2016/06/project-2017-sdc.html

Just so you know the numbers on the stakes are not coordinates, they are elevations.

Pretty sure elevations are coordinates but that's neither here or there. 
SWOOSH