What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217229 times)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »

Besides that, FitH is way not where it says...

Not my doing. That's all Google Earth. I simply added the colored area in question and the question mark on the other side of Indian Point Rd.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:52:30 PM by History Buff »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »
I was actually talking about myself - I have Adobe InDesign as well, but I didn't feel like being artsy fartsy today.

CONSTRUCTION:
1. Red markers near Grand Expo (near Wave Carousel and Kiddie Rides)
2. Orange markers near EH Restrooms
3. Purple markers near EH Restrooms
4. Orange area where land and trees have already been cleared.

SPECULATION TO FOLLOW:
1. I feel that the GE Restrooms will be removed and replaced with a new complex elsewhere
2. I feel that several of the restaurants right above the GE Restrooms will be removed
3. I feel that the entrance/station for the ride will where the GE Restrooms are
4. I feel that the ride will overlap TNT - I'm hoping that is all that it does
5. I feel that the course of the ride will be basically a curvy L that goes around EH
6. I feel that when track and supports arrive, they will be staged in the employee parking lot near the front of the park.

SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2016, 01:49:24 PM »
Gotcha. Good to know. Thanks for the visual reference as to where activity and markers can currently be seen on park. That helps a bunch.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »
Looking at the map again, I might have put the construction area a little too far south, but it is in that general area
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2016, 01:59:21 PM »
Any idea about if it might queue along with TnT?  Use part of the current TnT queue?

Will insects and frogs be moved for this?  They'd fit in HDH to make the area more relevant.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2016, 02:08:12 PM »
Any idea about if it might queue along with TnT?  Use part of the current TnT queue?

Will insects and frogs be moved for this?  They'd fit in HDH to make the area more relevant.

AGAIN - THIS IS ONLY SPECULATION
I don't think that it will queue next to TNT.  I think the entrance to the queue will be across from Flooded Mine and that entire area will be the plaza for the ride.

I don't see the kiddie rides moving now.  I think it was originally the plan to move them, but now there is no need as I don't see the ride coming that far north.

Now while there are red flags and markers right next to the fence to Wave Carousel - those are for electric work.  They are not markers for footers.  Apparently they just redid a bunch of the power grid on that side of the park and that's what those markers are left over from
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2016, 02:40:15 PM »
A plaza would be nice in that area, but it might be nice to have both queues enter at the plaza.

In this case, a complete mining area, including an awesome mine-themed "plaza" would be entirely awesome.  I could get excited about that in a big way.

Would they be uncreative enough to theme a hanging coaster as a "bat"?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:41:16 PM by History Buff »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »
A plaza would be nice in that area, but it might be nice to have both queues enter at the plaza.

In this case, a complete mining area, including an awesome mine-themed "plaza" would be entirely awesome.  I could get excited about that in a big way.

Would they be uncreative enough to theme a hanging coaster as a "bat"?

I'm not sold on a mining theme for the sole reason that I think the 2020 Dive coaster will have a theme like Baron

I also don't see the 2017 coaster as an inverted.  I would wager it being a wing coaster (but that's partially because that's what I want)
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2016, 02:57:56 PM »
But a wing could also be bat-themed, and could interact with TnT - as in, the miners disturbed the bat colony.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:58:47 PM by History Buff »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2016, 03:12:02 PM »
LOL While on this discussion here was my old idea for rebuilding OzCat with modified supports to fit along the hillside. That idea is probably out now as they are more than likely going with a B&M I think. haha

A bat themed B&M Wing Coaster does seem somewhat viable. But the park could still use an invert which would work with that theme too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:15:06 PM by sdcfan88 »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 19, 2016, 03:21:31 PM »
And a Dive Coaster themed like Baron does definitely have the SDC style to it. I could see this being a nice addition to the park.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 19, 2016, 03:35:05 PM »
I've not ridden one so do not judge, but can someone please enlighten me on what makes a dive coaster so special? I get that the first drop is often vertical or beyond vertical, but is that really the cache'? Again, I have yet to ride one, but the idea that the coaster basically hangs you in position and just drops you into the onset of the ride seems like it would take away from the traditional method of continued momentum that pushes and/or pulls you over the first lift hill into the first drop. Seems like there's something left to be desired. And most layouts I've seen look relatively vanilla beyond that first drop. Can anyone please shed some light on this type of coaster for those of us who have not experienced one? Not being judgmental, just asking for some insight. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:41:32 PM by BackInTime9 »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 19, 2016, 03:36:15 PM »
Bat Theme?   :-\   Maybe for a wing coaster but for an invert it would be way too close to all the SF batman rides.

A dive coaster interacting with TnT would be amazing.

How about a back story of a unlucky ozark local having an accident with explosives?   ;D

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:37:12 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 19, 2016, 03:41:11 PM »
Bat Theme?   :-\   Maybe for a wing coaster but for an invert it would be way too close to all the SF batman rides.

That would be my concern as well IF they went with a Bat theme as the GP would probably assume its an attempted ripoff of the various SF Batman coasters. Unless they directly themed it to the cave itself and less on the "Bat" aspect.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2016, 04:17:04 PM »
I've not ridden one so do not judge, but can someone please enlighten me on what makes a dive coaster so special? I get that the first drop is often vertical or beyond vertical, but is that really the cache'? Again, I have yet to ride one, but the idea that the coaster basically hangs you in position and just drops you into the onset of the ride seems like it would take away from the traditional method of continued momentum that pushes and/or pulls you over the first lift hill into the first drop. Seems like there's something left to be desired. And most layouts I've seen look relatively vanilla beyond that first drop. Can anyone please shed some light on this type of coaster for those of us who have not experienced one? Not being judgmental, just asking for some insight.

The holding brake on the initial drop and the sheer size of the train (usually 8-10 passengers wide).  They're also rare over in the USA.  Valravn is only the third built here. 
SWOOSH