What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 219047 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2016, 08:06:41 PM »
Seen a lot of dirt work happening today on service road and on the side of the lift hill on tnt! Alain seen mini excavator tucked in the woods after final drop of tnt. Getting curious as to what's going on, they were hauling loads of dirt from the woods behind eh to parking lot 3. Getting excited, will be there off and on for next five days hopefully will see more hints

While it is probably highly unlikely it will ever happen, I would love to see TNT get refurbed or even extended. Or at least make the top of the lift hill enclosed all the way to the drop as a surprise element. This also makes me wonder if the scale of the new coaster might actually interact with its track quite a bit more than we realize. Not sure how to feel about that.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:36:17 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »
As long as it is just an interact and not a replace I'm fine with it.  Considering the potential layout I don't see how it can help from sharing the same land. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2016, 09:17:16 PM »
Seen a lot of dirt work happening today on service road and on the side of the lift hill on tnt! Alain seen mini excavator tucked in the woods after final drop of tnt. Getting curious as to what's going on, they were hauling loads of dirt from the woods behind eh to parking lot 3. Getting excited, will be there off and on for next five days hopefully will see more hints

Welcome! Thanks for pointing that out - I'll be sure to look for it.

^They've been investing a bit in keeping TNT from falling apart, but I doubt they'll ever really invest in improving it. Hard to get them to fix what isn't broke.

I'll miss the brief back woods portion of TNT though.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2016, 09:21:35 PM »

^They've been investing a bit in keeping TNT from falling apart, but I doubt they'll ever really invest in improving it. Hard to get them to fix what isn't broke.

I feel like it would be hard to do anything to TNT considering the manufacturer no longer exists.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2016, 09:50:21 PM »

I feel like it would be hard to do anything to TNT considering the manufacturer no longer exists.

Technically S&S~S bought them out. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2016, 09:50:16 AM »
Officially excited and "worried" (in a firstworldproblem kind of way).

Still hope they build it so it still feels like your in the 1880's theme park (like run it through the woods)....and not a six flags parking lot ride.  Just don't expand parking to below the first drop!!!  Already sounds like some of the TnT out in the woods theme might be impacted.

I'm not a tree hugger and usually trust SDC.....but with this coaster I'm starting to become the crazy "Save the Trees" guy  :-\

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2016, 10:30:02 AM »
I'm so excited.  I love the lead up to a new attraction.  We will be in the park in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to see what's going on.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2016, 10:59:22 AM »
So, a couple things. I assume based on the most recent talk that the target area is that which runs behind EH from TNT to the back corner of GE. First of all, am I the only one concerned about the lack of space here? Obviously, it's very difficult to tell just how much land there actually is to work with here based on how wooded it is, but from the looks of the satellite view below, I'm very skeptical about anything of real significance being able to go into the potential highlighted footprint. And that's even if they would utilize the far corner that flanks the kiddie corner in GE. Just doesn't seem like there is enough room here to add a really sizable coaster. That said, I am not a coaster designer or engineer so this is nothing more than my subjective and somewhat ignorant stance based on many unknowns. From the looks of the the overhead view, I don't think the area in question would even accommodate a coaster the size of anything we already have on park. And from a length perspective, I personally feel like SDC still lacks a larger coaster. My next question is, what are the chances that the PTB would entertain allowing the circuit to extend over (or under ;D) Indian Point Rd. to utilize real estate they obviously own, but clearly falls outside of the existing park "boundaries"?

Lastly, I'm interested to hear what everyone's speculative take is on which type of coaster you anticipate coming? Based on the area in question, I'm just not sure, but my concerns currently outweigh my excitement. Hopefully, that changes.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:00:34 AM by BackInTime9 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2016, 11:08:26 AM »
You're a little off on your area.  There is no activity between Indian Point Road and Electrospin.  The flags stop just past the southern fence by Wave Carousel and the kiddie insect rides in GE.  The flags then continue over by the restrooms at GE.  There were orange ones there a long time ago. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2016, 11:44:08 AM »
There's more than enough land there for a major coaster. It will just have to be a little more compact and twisted than the others in the park. The real question, as HumphreyHawk pointed out, is how well they can fit one in while keeping some trees and vista intact. I still say they deserve the benefit of the doubt though.

I've never really seen going over the road as a likelihood given the added expense and liability, but there are now at least two coasters in the U.S. that go over roads so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00:17 PM »
You're a little off on your area.  There is no activity between Indian Point Road and Electrospin.  The flags stop just past the southern fence by Wave Carousel and the kiddie insect rides in GE.  The flags then continue over by the restrooms at GE.  There were orange ones there a long time ago.

Gotcha, thanks. That makes me even more curious and skeptical. And just for clarity, I simply highlighted the "availability" of open land in that area that could be developed. It wasn't meant as an indicator of where activity is happening, or necessarily going to happen. I can't remember off hand where the restrooms are you are referring to as we've never had to use them near GE? Where are those exactly?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:12:03 PM by BackInTime9 »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2016, 01:08:28 PM »
There's more than enough land there for a major coaster. It will just have to be a little more compact and twisted than the others in the park

I don't see how there is more than enough room based on what the satellite view indicates, unless you're talking about the potential that EH and/or TNT will be removed or modified to accommodate a new coaster. If they are not, I'm led to believe the only viable option would be a modest dive coaster with a very vertically aggressive lift and a very twisted layout.

This location alone is very much a double edge sword for me. While I believe a major coaster attraction would do wonders for balancing park traffic, I worry the footprint of real estate being speculated upon is nothing close to what would be needed for anything game-changing.

As always, I hope all involved behind the scenes have plenty up there sleeves that will change all that skepticism.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »
Looks like it's time to break out the MS Paint
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2016, 01:13:29 PM »

Ha. I used Adobe InDesign, but when we're talking about a flat 2-D satellite image, there isn't a whole lot of room for getting too artsy here.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »

Ha. I used Adobe InDesign, but when we're talking about a flat 2-D satellite image, there isn't a whole lot of room for getting too artsy here.

Besides that, FitH is way not where it says...

But anyway, I'd love to see a master plan; is EH really in plans to be moved/remade?  That changes a lot.  I'm all for keeping as much of a buffer between the inside and the outside as possible.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating