What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 218976 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2016, 11:43:28 PM »
Look at it this way. Echo Hollow is only used after the park closes.  So noise from the coaster would be minimally invasive to the amphitheater.  There have been rumors of EH being removed in the near future and replaced with a more modern facility closer to the main gate.  I don't see that happening as there is a more pressing project that is to occur along with the coaster. I give this EH at minimum 2 more seasons
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2016, 08:43:53 AM »
I thought this was EH last year?  These rumors are confusing.

So the coaster will not be build over the EH site?  Doesn't seem like there is enough room between EH and TnT?  Will it wrap around EH down and run down around GE?  Will it invade the TnT lot?

Ehhhhh.....is it a down and out design or more condensed?

I still say it's 50/50 on if that is just a sidewalk expansion....lol....or SDC is just messing with us for fun.....guess time will tell if more markers start showing up and/or shovels start turning dirt.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2016, 10:41:15 AM »
Well let's just go with the station area being where the Skillet area and those 3 buildings are.  The lift hill could head towards Indian Point Road and then dogleg around the back of EH.  A good majority of the ride could then be over south of GE and then a brake run back to the station.  WildEagle is basically an out and back.  I imagine our version will be similar.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2016, 11:47:21 AM »
WildEagle is basically an out and back.
What was the pricetag for Wild Eagle?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2016, 01:18:59 PM »
I'm sure they wouldn't go for something too similar to Wild Eagle. For one thing, Wild Eagle seems to have been designed to be DW's version of Wildfire, meaning that it was always intended to be pretty basic and the wing rider aspect was tacked on as a neat touch. Since SDC already has a standard looper that blows WE out of the water they obviously would innovate a little more if they got a wing coaster. Not to mention the fact that B&M's wing coaster designs have come a long way in any case.

There's plenty of room for twists and turns out behind EH though, and the terrain provides some interesting opportunities.

Wild Eagle was $20 million. I'm not sure what the split was between the coaster itself and land work though.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2016, 01:34:59 PM »
Not sure I like the idea of an out and back at that location.  Hard to image not seeing IndianPoint Rd and 76 from the coaster if that was done:(  Sounds like they might be thinking about making it an visual at the parks entry.

I was hoping for a more condensed footprint ride on that side of the park next year.....then another out-and-back terrain coaster on the other side of the park to follow.

I do trust SDC leadership to make it awesome.....just don't want it to feel or look like other amusement parks.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2016, 04:23:29 PM »
Yes, WildEagle was $20M and that's the number that keeps coming up in all the rumors surrounding our wing coaster.  As far as "out and back" - that was just an example of how it could work IF the station is around where those markings are.  It doesn't mean it WILL be just an out and back. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2016, 08:25:18 AM »
I did the google earth lookup last night....their is a lot more room back behind EH than I thought.  I thought EH was a lot closer to Indian Pt Rd.  I could see a major coaster squeeze back their especially if i did loop up north around EH to GE area and back too.  If those kids rides get moved maybe they could still 'hide' the outside world from it.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2016, 08:42:58 AM »
So is it decided that this is a Wing coaster?  :o
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2016, 09:24:09 AM »
For the visual  ;)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2016, 09:33:01 AM »
^Thanks! No speculation thread is complete with out a few MS-paint mark-ups  ;D

As far as "hiding" it from the road goes, that ship has sailed long ago. For coasters especially there is no point in trying to hide it anymore, and the logistics of this space make it impossible in any case. I wouldn't be surprised if the station is on the other side of the Culinary school, and the lift hill goes smack up between the road and GE so the lifthill can "advertise" the park.

I'm still expecting a wing coaster design, but it's certainly debatable based on what makes sense for them and what they want to market. Wing coaster designs check off a lot of boxes, but other designs can too.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »
As far as "hiding" it from the road goes, that ship has sailed long ago. For coasters especially there is no point in trying to hide it anymore, and the logistics of this space make it impossible in any case. I wouldn't be surprised if the station is on the other side of the Culinary school, and the lift hill goes smack up between the road and GE so the lifthill can "advertise" the park.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!
If anything I think SDC wants this ride to be seen! I think this is intended to be a game changer for them. I did hear from a friend who works there that they were told that the new ride would be able to be seen from far outside the park and they were trying to get national attention with this ride! This is what got me thinking a possible giga coaster! But it's hard to say.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
Tallest or fastest Wing Coaster?  That could get attention?  Still doesn't seem like enough room for a Giga.

Thx for the Pic ^^^

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 21, 2016, 10:56:48 AM »
Oh there is PLENTY of room for a giga! This ride could feasably run out and behind Firemans Landing as well!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #269 on: April 21, 2016, 11:36:58 AM »
They can make room for anything, but if they were going to go the route of making something really huge like a giga coaster then I doubt they would put it here. If they ever get a hyper/giga coaster, I'm sure they'll want to use the landscape on the other side of the park to their advantage. Plus, I don't think they'll want to spend $30 - $40 million on a giga since they seem to be looking into adding another major coaster soon after in 2020.

If they want national attention, maybe there will be some sort of gimmick involved...