What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 219071 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2016, 08:38:27 PM »
Also, the park rarely uses all three trains, if all trains are used and the ride is working correctly, a lot of riders can get through.
They should run 3 trains and make an attempt at getting people loaded in a expedient manor.  Sometimes loading can become lengthy and drawn out.
Great rides but the waits are becoming more frequent.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2016, 08:46:49 PM »
Also, the park rarely uses all three trains, if all trains are used and the ride is working correctly, a lot of riders can get through.
They should run 3 trains and make an attempt at getting people loaded in a expedient manor.  Sometimes loading can become lengthy and drawn out.
Great rides but the waits are becoming more frequent.

Yeah I have noticed that trend as well. Seems worse than it was in '07-'08 or even after it was new.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2016, 08:56:47 PM »
They actually use all 3 trains a lot during the summer. 
The main issue is the transfer track area gets moody when it gets wet.  If they'd build a roof over that area it would probably be fine. 
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2016, 09:11:26 PM »
They werent using the 3rd train the last 2 years because they were rebuilding it for some reason. They should be done now. I think they replaced 1 train for another the first Wednesday, along with the other train running, because of the problem with 2 different restraints in 2 different seats.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:13:08 PM by Laroy »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2016, 09:24:41 PM »
They werent using the 3rd train the last 2 years because they were rebuilding it for some reason. They should be done now. I think they replaced 1 train for another the first Wednesday, along with the other train running, because of the problem with 2 different restraints in 2 different seats.

Really?  Well thanks for clearing that up.  My mistake. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2016, 09:56:13 PM »
A lot of really popular coasters are known for being finicky for one reason or another. PK is in good company. It's such a huge hit with a broad range of riders that I don't see it going anywhere for a long time. TNT is also a good asset, even though it will always need track work.

It is weird that they haven't built that shed after all these years though. I'm sure it's been scrutinized though. The reasoning must be that the shed still wouldn't guarantee a fix for the issue when you still have moisture from trains dripping and whatnot.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2016, 08:51:39 AM »
You know what would make PK reliable is to pull out the air launch technology and replace it with LIMs or something of the like. It wont ever happen but oh how much less downtime there would be!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2016, 09:34:45 AM »
The compressed air is not the issue.
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:42 PM »
off topic warning....

I know the transfer track section on PK is there because the reuse of the station and track from the previous ride......I'm speculating that 90% of the rides maintenance issues and expense is due to that transfer section.  Hindsight is 20/20 but I wonder if it would have been less costly in the long run if they would have just moved the stations and/or the track to line up with a first hill without the transfer?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2016, 04:04:30 PM »
I think it would definitely be less maintenance without the transfer track, but I think that it's just another thing that makes the ride special so I'm glad they have it.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2016, 06:04:44 PM »
Dont think they could do without the switch track. Its there because they built the emergency track to be behind it for the "just in case" purpose. If the little car doesnt pull the train fast enough to go over the hill, it will roll back across the switch track and onto the black emergency track, where there are heavy duty brakes to stop it. The track is higher than the hill, so there is no chance it will ever be fast enough to go over the end, where it looks like the track broke and fell with an old Bus saw falls car on the roof. They wouldnt want the train to roll back into the station and hit another train that is being unloaded.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:06:52 PM by Laroy »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2016, 08:00:12 PM »
Dont think they could do without the switch track. Its there because they built the emergency track to be behind it for the "just in case" purpose. If the little car doesnt pull the train fast enough to go over the hill, it will roll back across the switch track and onto the black emergency track, where there are heavy duty brakes to stop it. The track is higher than the hill, so there is no chance it will ever be fast enough to go over the end, where it looks like the track broke and fell with an old Bus saw falls car on the roof. They wouldnt want the train to roll back into the station and hit another train that is being unloaded.

Thanks for explaining that for everyone.

So, the 2017 coaster. I'm surprised the park hasn't done any sort of teasing on social media at all. When did that website start for Outlaw Run in 2012?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2016, 08:27:11 PM »
Summer
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »
They have updated their website and posted the menu for Tastes of the World. I am taking my parents to this and have been waiting on the menu for like ever! She has food restrictions and we are neurotic and like planning what we can. ;)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »
They have updated their website and posted the menu for Tastes of the World. I am taking my parents to this and have been waiting on the menu for like ever! She has food restrictions and we are neurotic and like planning what we can. ;)

The menu for 2017? Man, SDC is uppin' thays game.