What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 219012 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2016, 09:16:15 PM »
Okay I just went over this thread. $30-$40 million is quite impressive.

I'm wondering if this total is for both of the upcoming big projects combined.  If they sign a contract now for two from the same company, it could very well be bundled. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:41:38 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2016, 10:32:43 PM »
Okay I just went over this thread. $30-$40 million is quite impressive.

I'm wondering this total is for both of the upcoming big projects combined.  If they sign a contract now for two from the same company, it could very well be bundled.

Maybe thats just it. Maybe they are making this 1 coaster as 2 to help improve crowd flow, lines, and other stuff.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2016, 11:00:58 PM »
There was never going to just be one.  The two major attractions in a span of 3 years has always been the rumor.  It wasn't until this calendar year that exactly what they'll be became clearer. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2016, 11:25:05 PM »
That would make sense for two coasters. And the rest going for landscaping and theming.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2016, 11:40:57 PM »
Well adding fuel to the fire - another current rumor is that some of the major infrastructure that is need for a large ride (in the shape of a new coaster) in the general vicinity of GE has either already been completed or will be on the current fiscal calendar year. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2016, 07:47:54 AM »
Two more B&M's will unquestionably put this park in the leagues of Busch Gardens in terms of rides. Then of course they'll be obligated to throw a family coaster in the mix as well on top of all this. 14-year old me would have loved this.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2016, 08:06:13 AM »
Two more B&M's will unquestionably put this park in the leagues of Busch Gardens in terms of rides. Then of course they'll be obligated to throw a family coaster in the mix as well on top of all this. 14-year old me would have loved this.

Believe me, when you begin hitting 50 you'll love the family stuff all over again......

mammalone

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »
14-year old me would have loved this.

This.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:59 AM »

Believe me, when you begin hitting 50 you'll love the family stuff all over again......

Speak for yourself :) I am 56 and the wilder the better as far as I see it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2016, 12:12:59 PM »

I bet they're thinking high capacity and high reliability.  Two things the park needs right now. 
SWOOSH

mammalone

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »
That's interesting about the backstage rumors of it being an invert, Swoosh. Man, if that's true and they did it justice with the terrain and theming, it would be quite an attraction. I'm curious as to how they would re-theme GE (if that's still the thought.)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2016, 01:14:11 PM »
Who knows on the retheming.  They did a lot of work in GE this off season.  Almost every ride got new paint. (I'll post photos when I get back from TN).  They're still working on elephants, but the others are done.  The signs around the area got redone too. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2016, 02:24:01 PM »
If they are concerned about reliability and capacity, and potentially adding 2 new coasters in rapid succession like this, it makes me wonder if Powderkeg is in danger of being replaced by one of these possible B&M coasters or by something else shortly afterward. That ride always has huge lines and has issues being fickle with operating. While I do like the ride I can understand their reasoning if this were the case.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:26:06 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2016, 04:23:15 PM »
No. Maybe TNT but not PK.  The rumor is coaster #2 on the hill between PK and WF - then extending down the hill.
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2016, 08:11:00 PM »
If they are concerned about reliability and capacity, and potentially adding 2 new coasters in rapid succession like this, it makes me wonder if Powderkeg is in danger of being replaced by one of these possible B&M coasters or by something else shortly afterward. That ride always has huge lines and has issues being fickle with operating. While I do like the ride I can understand their reasoning if this were the case.

I think PK always has a long line because everyone wants to ride that ride. I would guess it to be the favorite coaster of most and it is almost a family coaster. PK has also become more reliable in past years, I think they have finally gotten most of the bugs worked out. Also, the park rarely uses all three trains, if all trains are used and the ride is working correctly, a lot of riders can get through.