What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217188 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2016, 07:15:00 PM »
I'm just reporting rumors.  I'm not even pretending to know what is going on with this project.

It sounds like you know ;)

I know that they don't even know everything yet.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2016, 08:33:37 PM »
Let's just say, all plans are fluid.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2016, 08:44:39 PM »
They always are
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2016, 09:38:03 PM »
I am pretty sure I have not been to an EH show since I was a kid. Not that I wouldnt want to but I am pretty sure my husband just does not do closing hour crowds. He hates leaving with the masses. We usually stay at The Wilderness and use the shuttle. Or Deer Run. Again the shuttle. I would still be sad to see it go. It holds fond memories. And agreed it does contain a LOT of concrete. And I like where it is. Love the night stroll through a quiet park. :) Its charming.

Me too!

mammalone

« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2016, 10:33:44 PM »
They always are

No, they know what they're doing right now for 2017. It's not fluid.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2016, 06:29:59 AM »
They always are

No, they know what they're doing right now for 2017. It's not fluid.

You misunderstood the point of the post, but that's ok. 
Yes, the main part of 2017 is firm.
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2016, 11:03:17 AM »
Wow....long term wise....moving EH/creating a modern amphitheater with better access would be a huge move.   

I was really surprised the rock band Skillet is playing at the young christian weekend this year.  They have been headlining almost exclusively at modern arenas, big rock festivals, and amphitheater shows for a few years now (and theme park events like cedar point and six flags festivals with modern amps) and was a little surprised that they where coming to SDC namely because of the facilitates they would have to play (EH) and I'm sure they require a large fee.

i know Magic Springs has a good amphitheater and get some pretty good lineups of concerts scheduled every year that is included with season passes.  Im sure SDC has to see that as a possible revenue opportunity.

But if that is the plan....they better get working on construction soon.  At least start building up the new EH this year.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2016, 12:12:16 PM »
I went on the SDC page to see if I could try to get a wristband for Skillet. I was surprised to see that SDC is now charging to see the Echo Hollow show during YCW now. Im super excited that they are coming to SDC but $50 to get in?....Instead, I will either stand along Valley Road and listen from up there or I will wait until the week after when they come to Frontier City, so I can see them for free with my Season Pass.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:13:08 PM by Laroy »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »
????? You can still go to the concert with your SP. You dont have to buy the 50$ ticket. This is for church groups. You can however buy a wristband if you want good seating. My coworker did that because she loves Skillet and already has the SP.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2016, 02:25:17 PM »
I've been debating on if I'm going to go.  I was wondering if my SP would get me in or if it was only for the youth group kids that day.  They don't have very many shows scheduled this year yet and it's been awhile since I've seen them.  The SDC show will actually be their first of the year as they have been working on a new record and take time off touring.  I'm wondering if they'd try something new.  I wasn't sure about dealing with the teenagers crowd.

I'm 36yo and was gifted their first CD around 20 years ago.  I got to meet them (the Coopers anyway) a few times during the early part of their career at smaller shows.  Its been exciting to see their growth and success.  I've been a panhead for nearly 20 years have been to 8-9 shows. 

If you haven't heard of them....they are an 'arena rock' band who had a lot of success the past 5-6 years both in the christian market and especially in the secular rock market.  One of the few true rock bands that are selling new material.  Pretty unique because they use strings (sympathetic rock), has a female drummer who sings backup/lead, and typically puts on full epic rock production with their shows (video boards, light wall, fireworks, risers, crypto, pyro, etc).  I've got a feeling that Echo Hollow will have to be a much more laid back show then their normal :)  I've seen them live in a few different settings and its amazing to see how much both kids and older fold find them entertaining.  Kind of a throw back to 80s hair band vibe with more positive messages.

Sorry....kinda off topic....
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »
 ;D phew...thanks MissinTheGreenTrams! I didnt know that SP could still get in free. I just saw it costed $50 and no other option. As always, I think all shows and rides in SDC should always be free (with paid admission) no matter who or what they are.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »
Did anyone see any signs pointing towards the 2017 coaster today?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2016, 05:45:37 PM »
When I went out to SDC on Wednesday, I rode WF and when I got to the top of the hill, I saw a blue lift Northwest of WF (Southwest of OR). Thats the only sign of any kind of construction that I saw, and I looked really carefully everywhere that had a little bit of open land or had any chance of a ride going in there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:49:37 PM by Laroy »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »
fyi, the genie lifts are used for general ride maintenance on most coasters and GS, not construction. WF, PK, & OR have their own for "emergency" situations, should they happen~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2016, 11:55:58 PM »
Did anyone see any signs pointing towards the 2017 coaster today?

Yes
SWOOSH