What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217144 times)

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 05:41:47 PM »
How about using the cave for a ride?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »
I think we'd be pretty upset if the cave was "polluted" with a ride.  There would be conservation issues and habitat issues with doing so, as well.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 07:14:50 PM »
How about using the cave for a ride?

:o :o :o  uh? NO...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 07:27:47 PM »
I am good with the wing rider as long as it's of decent length I haven't ridden it but it seems dw wing coaster is kind of short.  I am not sure if it was the best design choice. Cedar point seemed a better ride but inferior setting.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 09:29:51 PM »
Well Wingriders were brand new when WildEagle came out.  Wasn't it only the 2nd one built in the world?   It's better at night.  I imagine if we get one it would be the largest one built to date.
SWOOSH

The Outlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 09:43:13 PM »
Thunderbird at Holiday World blew me away. A launched wing coaster would be a great choice for the park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 11:01:13 PM »
If we get one, I doubt it will be launched.  Probably traditional lift hill
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 11:25:05 PM »
If we get one, I doubt it will be launched.  Probably traditional lift hill

I'd probably rather have chain lift hill than have 1/3 of our roller coasters be launched.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 06:51:21 AM »
I was skimming another forum and a person there who claims to be in the "know" (works at the park in marketing?) said the three kiddie rides (Wings of Wonder, Happy Frogs, and Lady Bugs) will be relocated to Half Dollar Hollar this off season and a construction fence will go up in that location for the 2017 ride.

I'm not sure if they have any credibility, but I wouldn't mind this happening along with an update of the Grand Exposition. Plus it goes right along with things Swoosh as mentioned before too.....

Jay

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 07:30:24 AM »
I was skimming another forum and a person there who claims to be in the "know" (works at the park in marketing?) said the three kiddie rides (Wings of Wonder, Happy Frogs, and Lady Bugs) will be relocated to Half Dollar Hollar this off season and a construction fence will go up in that location for the 2017 ride.
I hate to think they will put in a ride that will really expose itself to the roadway and "outside world"   I guess this was already done with the disko ride but still it takes away some of the mystique.  Please don't remind me of what lies beyond the gates when I am inside, it lessens the experience.  In fact do all you can to shield me from it, that's the reason people go to theme parks.  That is one of the major differences between a amusement park and a theme park.  This brings up the question, " what way is SDC headed"?.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 08:29:59 AM »
I was skimming another forum and a person there who claims to be in the "know" (works at the park in marketing?)

I'll give you a hint: not with SDC, but he posts here regularly too.  ::)

I will say that earlier this year I balked at the storm of rumors that have been coming out from behind the scenes, but perhaps I was wrong. Usually when a lot of stuff is being spread around most of it is BS and amounts to employees just spreading rumors and ideas for the fun of it. Apparently there is some truth to a lot of it though with the new CEO doing some shake ups. A lot of change is happening and more is on the way, but it remains to be seen as always what ideas will actually sink or survive over the course of a few years. Take note of the things you see missing from the park these days: all the missing characters, the hillbilly references, etc...

With the resurgence of the GE expansion rumors, one has to wonder if the demolishment of the current amphitheater will happen as well, as was once rumored several years ago. Things have been slowly disappearing from it for awhile now, and it's usage has dropped continuously over the past few years. I think it's a valuable asset, but they could probably build something better that suits their needs better for less than what it would take to renovate/keep up Echo Hollow. Plus that's a lot of useful land for coaster projects.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »
Going off the past - there always seems to be a "show" year the year after a major coaster addition... so maybe 2018 for the show?  I mean Dickens has to eventually come to an end, right?

Stage version of Rudolph?

Not if it would replace Dickens. 

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 11:44:47 AM »
Love the idea of moving the kiddie rides to HDH. I think it would be an upgrade for that area. I have mentioned many things that could happen, including this one, and Im glad I saw this coming a mile away. But, I still think HDH would do better as a peaceful garden park with 2 waterfalls, some benches, and a bridge.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »
IF they move those 3 rides to HDH, that will fill that area up fast., as well as we will loose more of the trees and growth..  There isn't room without doing some demo of tress and surrounding area first. ::)

And then once again, you have ride around the walking bridge, so it is no longer peaceful and serene :'(

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 01:58:00 PM »
Don't know if this confirms anything or not, but I heard that a new bathroom is coming to EH for next season.
SWOOSH