What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217208 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« on: August 13, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »
I have a feeling that 2017 is going to be a BIG year for the park. 
Let's use this specific thread for discussion on what *may* be coming for the 2017 season
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 05:11:52 PM »
Just based off of Dollywood attractions. Do you think SDC will be getting a wing coaster like Wild Eagle? Not that it's my first choice for a coaster, but it's something different for this part of the country.....and I think would be very popular.

Jay

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 05:31:24 PM »
I still think Fireman's Landing sets up perfectly to add a Firechaser Express type ride- more themed to the 1880s of course.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 05:54:45 PM »
I wonder if they'd ever consider putting a coaster on the hill between PowderKeg and Wildfire.  That area seems perfect and hidden enough for another big ride. 

Who knows.  I just want another big ride.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 06:41:43 PM »
I too am hoping for a Firechaser Express style ride for our next major ride addition. Could make sense for 2017, I just have no feeling for how the chain's budget works anymore. SDC seems like it's doing OK, but could be better with all the wet weather. I think FL has been a notable hit for them though.

I wonder when they'll throw a bone to the older demographic again? Other than some shows that were reasonably well received, the last major addition targeted at the older crowd was the Culinary School. I'm really not sure how well that addition has turned out, but I have a feeling it has never exactly been a hit. It was an interesting piece of out of the box thinking though, and I'd like to see them try something new along those lines again. It seems like they were trying to break out of the theme park mold a little with those 2008 additions at both SDC and DW, but neither really seemed to hit it off.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 09:51:40 PM »
I don't think shows are the main focus for SDC right now, maybe we'll see some changes to the show lineup in 2018-2019?

Let's just think-
2012- DW gets Wild Eagle (a B&M Wingrider)
2013- SDC gets Outlaw Run (By RMC)
2014- DW gets Firechaser Express (a family launched coaster)
2016- DW gets Lightning Rod (By RMC)
2017- should be SDC's year for a coaster

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 10:03:30 PM »
Going off the past - there always seems to be a "show" year the year after a major coaster addition... so maybe 2018 for the show?  I mean Dickens has to eventually come to an end, right?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
Just based off of Dollywood attractions. Do you think SDC will be getting a wing coaster like Wild Eagle? Not that it's my first choice for a coaster, but it's something different for this part of the country.....and I think would be very popular.

Jay

Hope not, too many good coasters out there without OTSRs, give me a Hyper. The view from a 119'meter Star Flyer would kick lots of a......

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »
Going off the past - there always seems to be a "show" year the year after a major coaster addition... so maybe 2018 for the show?  I mean Dickens has to eventually come to an end, right?

Stage version of Rudolph?

I still think Fireman's Landing sets up perfectly to add a Firechaser Express type ride- more themed to the 1880s of course.

Agreed, I'd let Gerstlauer have a go with something a tad bit more adventurous there but still very family friendly.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »
Stage version of Rudolph?

You shut your dirty mouth right now.
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »
Ok, this is 2017, not 2018.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 09:19:38 PM »

Maybe eventually - right now I want a people gobbling B&M. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »
right now I want a people gobbling B&M.
Im with you but think that a hanging coaster would be great fun.  They could really use the trees and terrain to their advantage. Maybe a mine shaft or 2?
Do they make a hanging coaster?

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 01:23:19 AM »
Im with you but think that a hanging coaster would be great fun.  They could really use the trees and terrain to their advantage. Maybe a mine shaft or 2?

You mean suspended? Yes, they still make them and was past seen getting in on Vekoma's turf with a family suspended. Give me a B&M hyper and I'll be a good boy for a day.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 09:54:08 AM »

You mean suspended? Yes, they still make them and was past seen getting in on Vekoma's turf with a family suspended. Give me a B&M hyper and I'll be a good boy for a day.

Let's compromise and just make a tall terrain hugging B&M wing rider and have it between Wildfire and PowderKeg. 
SWOOSH