What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 218973 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #690 on: June 18, 2016, 06:57:44 AM »
Do we know for sure this will be for 2017? If so, this will be very interesting.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 18, 2016, 07:34:58 AM »
The issue I see with the Browns entrance is the lackluster greeting you get when you enter this way.  I would foresee a bottleneck much worse that the HH entrance because it dumps you in the middle of a path ...left or right? and people cant make those decisions easily.  They will stop dead in their tracks and start looking at maps.  Unless of course they open the plaza up in this are as well.  It might make more sense to open up the entrance by retooling the HH widening the entrance path and using Browns as a exit.  They would loose merchandise display area but it would be the least damaging, double the width of the pass-through of HH or build a deck and pass-through going over the cave trams between the bakery and HH that lets out on the left of the HH.  Thoughts?
 I must say its a lot of build up to not have a new attraction on the roster for next year.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 18, 2016, 09:17:39 AM »
I see them moving the entrance completely and using existing infrastructure for restaurants and what not. We may not lose all those paintings. And remember they CAN'T move the cave so a lot of that stuff is safe I'd assume. Could open up some flat land in the current front of the park for rides as well so this could get very interesting.
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 18, 2016, 09:37:28 AM »
I don't see the entrance being moved over by Brown's. That would be very anti climactic upon entrance than mhguy said. I think we are in for more of a refurbishing of our current entrance. I don't know what to make of the Bass Pro rumor.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #694 on: June 18, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
The hospitality house is the main issue I see. That and the rock wall where the big SDC logo is. Perhaps sacrifice some of the parking lot and the southern wall on the southeastern side and make a second entrance there.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 18, 2016, 12:42:14 PM »
The hospitality house is the main issue I see. That and the rock wall where the big SDC logo is. Perhaps sacrifice some of the parking lot and the southern wall on the southeastern side and make a second entrance there.

I could see them making one giant building taking in the current Ozark marketplace ,building a new structure over the unload area for the cave tram and building a new building where the HH/ gift shop is currently at.  That would still dump people out in the Square for the first impression plus it still leaves the bakery in play which is a big moneymaker. It would also open up the old ticket booth and rock wall/ guest services area for new attractions , restaurants, resort. Cave tours could start from almost anywhere.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 18, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »
^Oooh I like this. The word resort is very intriguing....

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 18, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »
Okay, I totally love Runner's idea. Kinda makes me think of how Disneyland Paris is set up, with the big hotel in front that you walk through/under to get into the park: http://binged.it/24Yc4Ao

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 18, 2016, 06:13:58 PM »
This may be totally unrelated and in the wrong place, but will the new/relocated entrance or whatever they decide to do with it or construction of the station for the new ride effect the swinging bridge in any way? I didn't know if, with the possiblilites being thrown around out there, the swinging bridge would be in the proximity of the new infrastructure of all the projects going on.
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #699 on: June 18, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »

That parking lot is history.  You guys are thinking too small. 
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 18, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »
Okay, I totally love Runner's idea. Kinda makes me think of how Disneyland Paris is set up, with the big hotel in front that you walk through/under to get into the park: http://binged.it/24Yc4Ao

Yes, yes, yes!!

This may be totally unrelated and in the wrong place, but will the new/relocated entrance or whatever they decide to do with it or construction of the station for the new ride effect the swinging bridge in any way? I didn't know if, with the possiblilites being thrown around out there, the swinging bridge would be in the proximity of the new infrastructure of all the projects going on.

I think we'll have to wait for more details but I wouldn't think the swinging bridge would be in danger.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 18, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »

VERY interesting. This is just going to get better and better..

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 18, 2016, 08:50:56 PM »

VERY interesting. This is just going to get better and better..

You can say that again

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 18, 2016, 09:03:25 PM »
VERY interesting, this is just going to get better and better...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #704 on: June 18, 2016, 09:04:58 PM »
VERY interesting, this is just going to get better and better...

;)
SWOOSH