What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 219242 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
Imo....looks like a staging area to me
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2016, 03:29:11 PM »
Please don't post photos taken from rides. We don't want to condone breaking the rules.

I have found the markers. They are very close to the bottom of TNT's queue line. In fact, the markings swoop right by the station and seem to follow TNT's track a bit...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2016, 03:42:13 PM »
Ok, just got off TNT. There are orange markings going around the station, but its just an electric line. There's a small excavator and electrical tubing in the woods near the end of the ride.

The staging area has always been there, but they expanded it a bit and added fresh gravel. The main thing is that they've improved that access road and added new high-wire fences around it to protect the coaster and make it safe for workers. Obviously staging for something big, no doubt about it when you see it.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »
Might be able to see a flag in the green picnic table area behind Annies Shack or from the TNT line.

I dont know much about this coaster or other rides that may possibly be built, but what I do know is this ride, or these rides, will be my new favorite rides or rides and I dont even know what it is, or they are, yet.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:48:03 PM by Laroy »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »
I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but there is also a marker within the swoop after the tunnel on TNT. It's kind of a pink blur as you go by, but definitely a marker.

So this thing is going to be right on top of thunderation... I wonder what that means for TNT.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2016, 05:21:09 PM »
A coaster interacting or going over another coaster. This is 1 of the things Ive been waiting for! This keeps getting better and better.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »
If you need to get a LEGAL photo of the staging area you can get one inside Reunion Hall
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2016, 06:07:24 PM »
It would be really cool if SDC did my ride enhancement suggestion for TNT by making the loop around the top of the lift hill and part of the final drop enclosed. Plus they might have to do this to hide the back lots and the new clearings for maintenance related equipment that will likely come with the new coaster from view of the guests.

I guess mainly I am trying to be optimistic that the ride experience from TNT will not be too severely impacted.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:46:53 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2016, 06:15:26 PM »
So I'm at the echo hollow show now. The markers clearly make a solid loop around the south bathrooms. They have little dots on the pavement where they couldn't put markers. There's even arrows showing the direction it will go.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »
You can see the painted electical lines from the TnT station that cross through the ride along what looks like a maintainance trail.  I saw the stakes between EH restrooms and the TnT queue.  I didn't see any continuation of the stakes in either direction.  I conclude that the stakes are for show right now for us coaster nerds to create some buzz.

I looked from the green tables at a few points but didn't see anything.  Some red flags up by GE swings....but they didn't seem new.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2016, 06:56:15 PM »
 :-[

I didn't go down by EH....I couldn't see that they continued....cool :)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2016, 08:17:06 PM »
Yeah when I saw the photos of just the one stake I thought it must be a joke too, but there's dozens of them now with tons of electric line markings and all that clearing going on. So definitely not a joke, they wouldn't be doing all this just to refurbish echo hollow.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2016, 04:02:16 PM »
I just got home from the city.  I looked from the GE to the bathrooms at TNT but saw no markers from the main pathways. I was probably not looking in the right places.   However when leaving the park I noted they have started to build a new access road between the Echo Hollow service road and the corner of 76 / Indian point.  They had stopped for the day when I left and I was unable to get a pic but they are moving a fair amount of earth for this service entrance.  It is south of where TNT's tracks encroach on IP road.  Somebody get your camera out and have it ready, you pass this while entering the park.  I am pretty convinced this rumor is panning out.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2016, 04:19:23 PM »
^Photos were posted of the flags and work.  See link above (or on previous page)
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2016, 04:30:35 PM »
Well Swoosh I went back 3 pages and found the link, the staging area / access area is a fair undertaking.  Looking forward to Coaster Christmas, I hope its going on this year.