Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > Construction/Rumors

SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments

(1/150) > >>

Swoosh:
I have a feeling that 2017 is going to be a BIG year for the park. 
Let's use this specific thread for discussion on what *may* be coming for the 2017 season

cowboy:
Just based off of Dollywood attractions. Do you think SDC will be getting a wing coaster like Wild Eagle? Not that it's my first choice for a coaster, but it's something different for this part of the country.....and I think would be very popular.

Jay

Duelist:
I still think Fireman's Landing sets up perfectly to add a Firechaser Express type ride- more themed to the 1880s of course.

Swoosh:
I wonder if they'd ever consider putting a coaster on the hill between PowderKeg and Wildfire.  That area seems perfect and hidden enough for another big ride. 

Who knows.  I just want another big ride.

shavethewhales:
I too am hoping for a Firechaser Express style ride for our next major ride addition. Could make sense for 2017, I just have no feeling for how the chain's budget works anymore. SDC seems like it's doing OK, but could be better with all the wet weather. I think FL has been a notable hit for them though.

I wonder when they'll throw a bone to the older demographic again? Other than some shows that were reasonably well received, the last major addition targeted at the older crowd was the Culinary School. I'm really not sure how well that addition has turned out, but I have a feeling it has never exactly been a hit. It was an interesting piece of out of the box thinking though, and I'd like to see them try something new along those lines again. It seems like they were trying to break out of the theme park mold a little with those 2008 additions at both SDC and DW, but neither really seemed to hit it off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version