Author Topic: Big Splash (Tulsa) being purchased  (Read 2726 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Big Splash (Tulsa) being purchased
« on: August 12, 2015, 09:52:48 AM »
Big Splash in Tulsa is being purchased by "Safari Joe" Matthew Estes. Finally the Murphy's are out, so maybe something good can happen to this park. I haven't been here in years and never had any desire to go because nothing much had changed since it opened in 1984. Now maybe things will start to improve!

Good luck Mr. Estes!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/safari-joe-taking-over-big-splash-water-park-operations/article_3facdc24-0350-5584-805a-85e4e0214363.html#user-comment-area

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Big Splash (Tulsa) being purchased
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 07:12:25 PM »
It's unfortunate that no investigation of the Murphy family will ever be made. They've been let off the hook at every turn while Bell's was literally plowed over. Not paying rent, not paying bills, slide collapses...

I'm glad Big Splash is in new hands, but it remains to be seen how this guy will play out. He's already been making improvements apparently. There's some new trees, deck chairs, and paint, and it sounds like he's also bringing in a few animals? I saw a pic of a turtle cage next to the lazy river...

It wasn't a good PR move to announce the closure of the Silver Bullet slide without announcing a replacement. It was closed for some time due to apparent mechanical and liability issues, but for people who haven't been in ages like myself it sounds like he's chopping off a big part of an already tiny park. I'm sure he has a proslide replacement with torpedo tubes lined up. I hope more is on the way.