Author Topic: Another Ducks Mishap, with reported Deaths,,  (Read 5550 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Another Ducks Mishap, with reported Deaths,,
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:13:19 PM »
This is all I could find for now... maybe someone else can find and add details..

""""Ride the Ducks: At Least 4 Dead and 12 Critically Injured After Crash on Seattle Bridge, Officials Say

A Ride the Ducks tour vehicle collided with a charter bus Thursday at around 11:15 a.m. local time on the Aurora Bridge in Seattle, the Seattle Fire Department said.""""""

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Another Ducks Mishap, with reported Deaths,,
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »
THis is a terrible situation,.  It appears that a front wheel assy broke off of a Duck, causing Duck to veer into a loaded tour bus.....

here is the link to a local Seatle news source.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/ride-the-ducks-vehicle-collides-with-bus-on-aurora-bridge/

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »
I don't see how Ride the Ducks is going to survive yet another accident. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »

Swoosh, I wondered the same thing.   

I know the Branson Ducks looked full and people standing in line everytime we went by this year or saw 1 on the road.., But at some point people are going to be "scared/comcerned" about riding.

Hollwood

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »

Good thing this is not a Ride the Ducks property...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:25:08 PM »

Umm...
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 08:42:03 PM »
[[/quote]

[/quote]

??? ???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 08:48:59 PM »
Yeah I don't get it either.  This was most certainly a Ride the Ducks property.
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 08:59:31 PM »
Though it is not on their site, they at one time owned it, and the logo etc. is the same....

HFEC announced the purchase of Ride The Ducks, a Branson-based amphibious vehicle attraction that also operates in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, Seattle and Stone Mountain Park.
HFEC declined to reveal the cost for either acquisition. - See more at: ]http://www.genesis-capital.com/news/id/112/herschend-family-entertainment-acquires-hawaiian-falls-water-parks.aspx#sthash.gOoL7SK9.dpuf]HFEC announced the purchase of Ride The Ducks, a Branson-based amphibious vehicle attraction that also operates in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, Seattle and Stone Mountain Park.
HFEC declined to reveal the cost for either acquisition. - See more at: http://www.genesis-capital.com/news/id/112/herschend-family-entertainment-acquires-hawaiian-falls-water-parks.aspx#sthash.gOoL7SK9.dpuf
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 11:19:37 PM by shavethewhales »

Hollwood

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 09:02:53 PM »
No... Ride the Ducks Branson, Philidelphia, Newport, Atlanta, and Guam... Nothing in Seattle.

http://ridetheducks.com/

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 09:13:26 PM »
Same logo, boat etc. I was thrown off by the statement I found on HFEC...here is from the Seattle Ducks site

Ride the Ducks of Seattle is locally-owned and operated and we’ve built our business by caring about our guests, their experience and the Seattle community. We love Seattle. We have been voted Best City Tour by King 5’s Evening Magazine for the past eight years and are consistently recognized as one of Seattle’s top attractions. In 2014, we began our Random Ducks of Kindness campaign and have a blast paying it forward to our community and local organizations. Each year, we also donate more than $10,000 in tickets to non-profit organizations throughout the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to continuing to foster our mutually-beneficial relationships with the neighborhoods, communities and our partners throughout Seattle. Tourism is one of Washington State’s largest industries and we’re proud to be a part of it.

A heartfelt thanks goes out to all of our partners, fans and, most of all, our employees for making us the success that we are today.

Ride the Ducks of Seattle is independently owned and operated.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 11:18:49 PM »
I've been aware of similar operations to Ride-the-Ducks, but I was also sure the Seattle location was still part of the chain. It looks like it split off at some point? I'm not sure how they got to keep the same logo and everything... Obviously that was a bad plan.

The Ride-the-Ducks brand has been hurting for awhile now. Branson's seems to do OK, but I bet these big city locations are going out soon.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 07:11:51 AM »
If you read the website deeper you will see that they are into franchising and building vehicles. If I recall correctly that is one of the reasons it was sold off to a family member. So that it could be franchised out. Go to the site and look under the incensing tab. So, who knows how the liability will work in that type instance.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 08:07:12 AM »
It was a bad accident, it happens..it's called insurance. It's tragic, but airplanes crash, boats sink, and a wheel assembly may fail. Investigate it, punish neglect actions, learn, move on, continue or fold. Folks still fly and take ferries and pay for it too.  Good thing Trump and the Pope exist cause this will mostly be a contained local story. The marketing in me sez come out with some new, eco sensitive replacement using green tech for a new vehicle and s3ll that and the rain soaked noggins in  Seahawks land will lap it up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:54:08 AM by chittlins »