Author Topic: Passing of SDC citizen..  (Read 6426 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Passing of SDC citizen..
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:06:09 PM »
Fire In The Hole operator Richard "Zar" Kozer passed away July 23rd. He helped operate FITH for 16 seasons. This is sad to me. He was my favorite citizen, he would always remember us when we saw one another. My brother sent this to me this morning, it was on You Know Your From Silver Dollar City If.. Facebook page. He was born November 15th 1949. Served in the Marine Corps, & had a Masters Degree from Eastern Illinois. He is survived by his daughter, brother, & wife.

Rest In Peace Richard.. You will never be forgotten.. :(

I know this is not a good post, so if anyone wants to move or delete it, i understand.
Live life like it's the last day!

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Passing of SDC citizen..
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »
We had a City memorial yesterday morning. On the same day of his passing, we also lost school teacher Bonnie Borden. She was retired, but spent many years as a street performer and school teacher. This has been a tough year for us, losing 6 or 7, so far  :'(
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:42:01 PM »
That's terrible news!  Zar always called me Dad when we went to ride FITH.  Said he shaped the hat he wore after the cowboy hat i usually wear there.  Also will miss Ms Bonnie.  Great people!
I'm Your Huckleberry

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 09:44:31 PM »
He was a good man.  Always remembered and spoke when he saw you.  He is old school SDC folk there......
We need more of those people, present company appreciated.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 01:29:24 AM »
This was heartbreaking. I didn't post anything at the time because I didn't think it was right for a site like this to help break the news, but a eulogy is forthcoming. Too many good people this year....

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
Sorry to hear about Richard and Bonnie. I worked with Bonnie and she was a great Ma in the street shows and a good schoolmarm, too. She was part of the original cast at the courthouse theater, too...Melvin the chicken thief and the lightning chair.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 11:12:03 AM »
We had a City memorial yesterday morning. On the same day of his passing, we also lost school teacher Bonnie Borden. She was retired, but spent many years as a street performer and school teacher. This has been a tough year for us, losing 6 or 7, so far  :'(

After hearing about Zar and Ms Bonnie I'm almost afraid to ask who else we lost.  Zar was as much a part of our FITH experience as Red Flanders and the iconic theme song.  We really feel like we've lost a family member.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 04:48:21 PM »
Sad news.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 08:05:14 AM »
SDC should paint one of the windows on FITH to honor this man.  It wouldn't take much, would be cheap and would be a nice touch.
They honor long time employees so why not those that have been long term then passed.   
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:06:07 AM by mhguy77 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »
Excellent suggestion mhguy!  yes something definitely needs to be done to honor this man who made so many of us feel special.
I'm Your Huckleberry

psychosaw13

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Destination:Deserted
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »
Anybody have any photos of the ones we lost?
Its not often enough some of us get to know the citizens let alone their names, but I remember faces real good.
I ain't got no pants no more! The Dang Baldknobbers stole'em!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 08:35:55 PM »
Anybody have any photos of the ones we lost?
Its not often enough some of us get to know the citizens let alone their names, but I remember faces real good.
Yes, photos would be helpful!

pintrader

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 10:31:13 PM »
Here is a picture of Richard 'Zar' Kozer taken in 2011. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:25:56 PM by Pintrader »

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 07:13:18 PM »
Thank you for posting the photo. I can now associate the name with the face. We talked to him several times while waiting to ride FITH. RIP, Zar.