Author Topic: Coaster Christmas 2007  (Read 10264 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Coaster Christmas 2007
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 09:35:57 AM »
It really isn't that expensive if you have an annual passport.  That saves you money on admission, food and other things as well.  Not only that, who says you have to spend the night down there?  4 hours is not that far of a trip to do a down and back if you really wanted to go more often.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 09:48:51 AM »
With gas prices soaring, and the fact that this year I don't have a season pass, and the fact that I don't have a job (I have difficulties holding down a job due to depression and possibly Social Anxiety Disorder [haven't been diagnosed yet])... It's difficult to make it down there this year. I'm using money from doing a clinical trial to take my Christmas trip there. After the trip, I'll have maybe $50 left to my name.

So, not everyone can afford to go often or pay extra for certain things.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 11:11:59 AM »
Joy-
You seem like a pretty nice person and you've always been kind- especially on the sometimes brutial worldsoffun.org board.  Are you partisipating in clinical trials just to go to SDC?  I hate to hear that. I'm not trying to meet you face-to-face or anything like that, I'm happily married w/ three kids, but drop me an email at ttabb72@yahoo.com.  I might be able to fix you up with tickets later in December.
Tom

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 05:45:13 PM »
Oh, no no no, I'm not participating in the trial just to go to SDC; I'm going for my depression (and I'm so excited, 'cause it's really working! I can't wait 'til it ends up on the market)... Getting money from the trial was icing on the cake.

I'd actually wanted to save the money for a convention I want to go to in 2009, but decided I'd rather take a trip to SDC for Christmas, since last year's Christmas trip was a real dud (due to who I was with, not because of SDC or anything).

I really do appreciate your offer, though. Thankfully, the two friends I'm going with already have season passes, and I got a BAF from someone on the 1Branson board who didn't need it (we do a lot of BAF trading on that board, since not everyone can use their BAFs when they're valid).

~ "Becky" Joy ~
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 05:47:35 PM by tinaalsgirl »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 10:40:14 PM »
In case you needed more of a reason to go to Coaster Christmas.  GMA (Good Morning America) will be taping the weather LIVE from SDC 6am to 7am.  If you bring an unwrapped toy you can be part of the audience and receive a FREE ticket to the park to use anytime during December. First 500 people to arrive are allowed to attend and get the ticket!!!
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 07:08:11 PM »
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »
Looks like you guys had an amazing time - I'm kicking myself for not making it there, but I'm sure I will next year.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »
Schlitterbahn will be one of the presenters next year -- we're also trying to get Six Flags to come down, but they are being rather Beotchy about it
SWOOSH