Author Topic: New Branson Entertainment Survey  (Read 2962 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
New Branson Entertainment Survey
« on: August 03, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »
Not sure how many have received this, but here is the link to the survey:

[Moderator Edit:  The link provided gave the opportunity to change Swoosh's answers, so I removed it.  Sorry, Swoosh:  I just wanted to protect your answers.]

It looks like they really are trying to reinvent the entertainment aspect of town.  Nice to see that they are are at least attempting to be proactive about it.  The two entertainment shows they are promoting as potential shows are... interesting.  The "musical" is... well, WOW (and not in a good way).

[Moderator Explanation:  Suffice it to say that the survey asked respondents to rate their willingness to attend a magician show or Duck Commander the Musical.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:54:09 PM by History Buff »
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: New Branson Entertainment Survey
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:46:47 PM »
Duck commander musical? As an avid duck hunter and owner of 120 acres of prime bottomland hardwoods in Northeast Arkansas, no effing way i'd step foot in the show. Like the Duggars,  I've seen that act BEFORE they went primetime. No thanks. I respect their marketing skills and their ability to squeeze every red cent out of it but I want no part of it. They have caused an influx of redneck wannabe goobers upon our WMAs crowding out folks that take the hunting seriously and degrading the hunting tremendously.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:37:06 AM »
[Moderator Explanation:  Suffice it to say that the survey asked respondents to rate their willingness to attend a magician show or Duck Commander the Musical.)[/color]

UH?-  NO THANKS< ;D

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 06:48:58 AM »
If that's what Branson is considering to change their demographic. I want no part of it. I watched that Duck show one time and want no part of those bigoted rednecks.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 07:53:02 AM »
So maybe instead of causing a traffic jam on your land....they could be watching a musical in Branson (and jamming up 76) :)

Opinions about specific topics aside....the show still maintains a following and they do line up with the traditional Branson values that the town as always been known for.  Goofy family friendly with a heavy dose of American pride.

IMO....their TV show is a typical "reality" show that every episode is obviously scripted from the start.  If you watch with your brain turned off it does show a very funny and loving family taking you through their adventures.  Unfortunately....if you really think about what is going on and how it is scripted when you watch then you just feel like they are treating you as an idiot for believing it is 'real'.  The whole thing would be better as a formal sitcom based on their life.

I probably would not go to this musical....but I don't think Branson is in a position to just ignore it.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"