Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157188 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2017, 11:47:55 PM »
While I know everyone is hyped up for the 2018 announcement... What's the story for 2020? Flat ride expansion? Attraction retheme/rebuild? Or will it be the long rumored coaster to be placed between WF and PK?

If I was a betting man, I'd say replacement for FM
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2017, 08:43:12 AM »
What ever happened to the idea/plan to rebuild the front entrance?
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2017, 10:01:22 AM »
What ever happened to the idea/plan to rebuild the front entrance?

I am sure That will happen, But I expect it will be a winter remodel thing..  Probably wont even be announced publicly...  LOL.. 

Just 1 of the many small "fix it up" projects..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2017, 07:39:06 PM »
I really expected the new gate by now. If this coaster really brings in the crowds as it should, it's going to be a cluster. It's already bad enough to warrant some kind of work and has been for a long time now. I don't know what the hold up could be other than them being cheap. Would be a great project for 2019.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »
I'm thinking they will probably either relocate or suspend the SDC logo over an archway and knock down the rest of the wall behind it and take out the garden planter to open that area up. I would be worried that the water clock would go away too however, I think word got out on the rumor that they were hinting on a complete razing and it got a backlash from a lot of people and thats why the project got put off. Could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:09:59 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2017, 08:45:17 PM »
Honestly, I think expanding the parking became more pressing.  That and the fact that they have been relocating employee parking to open up closer parking for guests when needed.

SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2017, 10:28:58 PM »
I had completely forgotten that they were expanding the parking lots again. Weren't they just adding a little bit to the back lot though? There isn't exactly room for much more back there - or so I had assumed. Looking at the topography on google maps its hard to see where they could flatten to add any more. Unless they start using more satellite parking...

Perhaps someday all the lots near SDC will be paid, but they'll have satellite parking with shuttles for free (or much cheaper). I'm not sure how else they could convince people to willingly park miles away. It's a huge cluster when people have to do it now, and a lot of people simply leave when they are directed down the road because there's no communication.

I think they should buy Indian Ridge, flatten it out a little more for some parking up front, then put the resort in the back!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2017, 04:03:30 PM »
Too bad they cannot come up with funds to build a three or four deck parking garage on the main lot...which in my daze working there it was called "C" lot. It is the area from the bus/tram loading area on the upper lot going toward the Hospitality House. If they remodel the front area at the turnstyles, I hope they keep the waterclock.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2017, 05:43:15 PM »
Too bad they cannot come up with funds to build a three or four deck parking garage on the main lot...which in my daze working there it was called "C" lot. It is the area from the bus/tram loading area on the upper lot going toward the Hospitality House. If they remodel the front area at the turnstyles, I hope they keep the waterclock.

So do I, Junior!  I love that clock and the feeling that area conveys with the moving waters, rock, trees, and plants.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2017, 11:55:57 PM »

So do I, Junior!  I love that clock and the feeling that area conveys with the moving waters, rock, trees, and plants.

I would like them to move the waterclock to the square area.  They could put it over by Reunion Hall.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
I'd like them to keep it there, or even rebuild it with more emphasis. The entrance to the park has lost detail over the years, and there should be more there to tell visitors that they are about to step back in time.

givemezamor

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »
I'd like them to keep it there, or even rebuild it with more emphasis. The entrance to the park has lost detail over the years, and there should be more there to tell visitors that they are about to step back in time.

I'd love to see pictures of the entrance from over the years.
"A day at Silver Dollar City is what life should be like. No worries, just good times.."

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »

I think my parents have a picture in the mid 60's of us when you drive right up to the square and park. Next Time I'm there I will try to find it.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »
The water clock is the time machine that gets us from the present to the past.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

givemezamor

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2017, 09:42:44 PM »

I think my parents have a picture in the mid 60's of us when you drive right up to the square and park. Next Time I'm there I will try to find it.

Awesome! I grew up only a few hours from the City, but only discovered it in 2014 while dating my now wife. Safe to say I immediately fell in love with it.
"A day at Silver Dollar City is what life should be like. No worries, just good times.."