Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 159463 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: to merge
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »
I know things change all the time but I'm pretty sure the PK/WF connector is coming in the next 5 years or so as that lot between them has been earmarked for a future large ride

You mean the one that was rumored to be happening before Outlaw Run?  ;)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2017, 08:37:10 AM »
I know things change all the time but I'm pretty sure the PK/WF connector is coming in the next 5 years or so as that lot between them has been earmarked for a future large ride

You mean the one that was rumored to be happening before Outlaw Run?  ;)

There are about 6-7 plots of land that they have earmarked for large additions, this is just one of them.  I think you are confusing Time Traveler with Outlaw Run. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2017, 03:21:06 PM »

If and when they do that, i hope the keep the waterfall area.  I am partial to that view.. ::)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2017, 04:05:21 PM »
ME TOO, Sand!  My favorite lunch spot!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »
If and when they do that, i hope the keep the waterfall area.  I am partial to that view.. ::)
I agree, a SDC classic spot.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »
I agree, a SDC classic spot.
ME TOO, Sand!  My favorite lunch spot!

I am sure it is for a lot of people...! ;D

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »

Its aged well and almost looks natural.   Brangelina approved.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:05:39 AM by Injun Joe »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
It actually hasn't aged well but luckily its issues are not visible to the GP.
Also Brad and Angelina haven't been together for awhile now ... unless that was the joke
SWOOSH

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2017, 05:08:21 AM »
So it needs new plumbing?  Some reenforcement?  Get 'r done.  It looks great in my picture and Brangelina loved it, can't you see?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2017, 07:46:50 AM »
It actually hasn't aged well but luckily its issues are not visible to the GP.

Its some of the longest lasting gunite rockwork in the city I think. (thats still used and under some stress)
This is the same post/mesh wire/ blow on concrete  that was used for the first attractions at SDC.  They have replaced it at other rides with wood and othe dressings.  Possibly there is a high cost in maintaining this?  I know WDW uses this same method but they play with the finish and paint it.  The long and the short of it is this is a replacable, fixable,upgradable object.  I hope it never goes, it is my favorite eating spot.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »
Ya'll remember when Grandfathers Mansion had the waterfall next to the front door?  That was cool.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »
^That was cool. Unfortunately, just like that waterfall, when the big one finally runs into problems that cost real money to keep going it will be unceremoniously torn out. That's just the way the PTB work at the moment. They see nice things as being nice for awhile, but when they get old they want to tear out and replace with something else instead of keeping things the same. That's business though, and I'm sure they have less options than we sometimes think.

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2017, 01:41:39 AM »
It has a bit of a Frank Lloyd Wright feeling about it, does the waterfall.  Or at least Alex Jordan, no knock intended.

Maybe we can get Trump to back rolling back the ADA too, or at least grant an exception for historic theme park attractions, if that's what it takes to save Grandfathers Mansion.  A haunted house would be cool  too.  I'd go bat guano crazy for that, no joking.  A sweet ride-through Grandfathers Mansion replacement could free up the old space to be reutilized, hopefully with the exterior intact.  Don't get me wrong, I think 'funhouse' style attractions should be allowed to continue, and of course our beloved own Grandfathers Mansion.

https://youtu.be/NSXOgI3Fyhs

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »
It has a bit of a Frank Lloyd Wright feeling about it, does the waterfall.  Or at least Alex Jordan, no knock intended.

Maybe we can get Trump to back rolling back the ADA too, or at least grant an exception for historic theme park attractions, if that's what it takes to save Grandfathers Mansion.  A haunted house would be cool  too.  I'd go bat guano crazy for that, no joking.  A sweet ride-through Grandfathers Mansion replacement could free up the old space to be reutilized, hopefully with the exterior intact.  Don't get me wrong, I think 'funhouse' style attractions should be allowed to continue, and of course our beloved own Grandfathers Mansion.

https://youtu.be/NSXOgI3Fyhs

A new shooter dark ride where you rip off Ghostbusters and capture Spirits with some steampunk looking contraption, the gimmicks found in the current Gransfather's Mansion would be good for the queue. Could be SDC's first foray into the Screenz based rides so popular with Disney and Uni.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2017, 10:44:04 PM »
I have nothing to back this up, just a gut-feeling....

I see the park taking out the "traditionals" one by one nd replacing them with newer modern versions.
If I was a betting man, I'd say it would go Flooded Mine, Fire in the Hole, Lost River and the. American Plunge.
Each attraction needs a major overhaul and I just imagine the PTB would rather pay for a lower maintenance cost version then to continue throwing money at the current versions. 

It's also easier to get ROI when promoting a brand new state of the art version of an older beloved ride.

I know it's not ideal to us purists but I'm coming to terms that this is going to happen sooner not later
SWOOSH