Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157198 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2015, 05:42:50 PM »
I cerainy see SDC thinking the fall harvest and crafts festival giving them cover on many of the crafts that no longer have a permanent presence in the park.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »
^^Welcome to to new posters!  I have also thought about the cost of adding multiple employees to each of these new area when they are built.  I suppose that raises the rate of passes and other things, especially if attendance doesn't increase.  There also has to be a cap on the number of patrons in the park based on the square acreage.  As some point it just ends up being torturous to navigate those peaceful Ozarks.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »
^^Welcome to to new posters!  I have also thought about the cost of adding multiple employees to each of these new area when they are built.  I suppose that raises the rate of passes and other things, especially if attendance doesn't increase.  There also has to be a cap on the number of patrons in the park based on the square acreage.  As some point it just ends up being torturous to navigate those peaceful Ozarks.

Depends on if you cut others elsewhere.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2015, 09:32:01 AM »
The first woodie reminds me of Wildcat.

LOL, I agree, yes I think we need something that is 1 of a kind. Not record breaking. Its just silly to do it the other way.

I put the baby rides like that because thats how they do it in the app, pathfinder, etc. Even though some are attractions, and not rides because they dont move, they still call them rides. I didnt think Id have to word that right. I know you cant ride sand. You can play with it.

I agree that having 2 turning lanes would be nice and faster, but they dont need that. They already have 2 ways to get in: the left turning lane and the straight lane going to Branson West, then turn around and use the right turning lane that people rarely stop at. Its not really a line if you have 2 ways to get in, and 1 is shorter.

Chittlins, sdc already has a spinning coaster, Thunderation.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:38:55 AM by Laroy »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2015, 10:44:34 AM »
Ok, lets think about this for a minute. We all want the old rides to be updated/rebuilt, but has SDC ever upgraded/rebuilt any ride? Im trying to get ideas from the past to look at the future. Every time a ride got old, it was taken out. Take Buss Saw Falls for example, it was turned into Powder Keg. Has sdc ever updated/rebuilt a ride? I dont think they ever did, but Im hoping that will change.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2015, 11:56:05 AM »
^I'm not aware of SDC ever simply taking out a ride due to being "old". They usually either have problems or the park simply wants something better in it's place. Buzzsaw, the Waterboggin, and almost everything else that has been taken out was removed due to operational difficulties.

The only ride "upgrade" that comes to mind was the addition of guns and targets to Flooded Mine. You could conceivably see the transformation of Jim Owens into American Plunge as an "upgrade" as well.

FYI: spinning coasters are coasters with cars that actually spin in circles as they move around the track. Both WoF and SFStL have one.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »
Quote from: Laroy
Chittlins, sdc already has a spinning coaster, Thunderation.

Thunderation has a corkscrew but is not a spinning coaster- this is: https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/attractions/pandemonium
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:06:13 PM by shavethewhales »
I'm Your Huckleberry

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2015, 12:16:07 PM »
I think thats called a Wild Mouse coaster. Can they turn the spinning on and off? Ive seen some that have the spinning turned off for no reason. Thunderation is a spinning coaster because of the tornado. There is no corkscrews in TNT. If there were, it would go upside down. WF has a corkscrew.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:17:00 PM by Laroy »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2015, 12:17:19 PM »
Does swoosh have the Napoleon (little man) complex?  It sure seems like it.  Anyway...

Getting rid of the Flooded Mine would be a huge mistake and I can't even imagine SDC without it, and I don't want to.  I honestly think they'd regret it.
Flooded Mine is probably my favorite ride/attraction. The other day I rode it without even picking up a gun just to enjoy the theming of it. It really does have a lot of detail. As Shave said, it is a ride that the whole family can do together whether they all like rides or not.
Colorado SDC Fan

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2015, 12:40:51 PM »

My family is losing hope with Powder Keg. It was broken down or down for maintenance for a good portion of our 13 day trip. We ended up riding it once. It seems so finicky and unreliable.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:55:16 PM by joshblakebran »
Colorado SDC Fan

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2015, 01:51:41 PM »
Spinning roller coaster- TNT definitely doesn't match the description.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_roller_coaster

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »
Me too, but you must have bad luck. Half of the time it is opened at least 5 hours when Im there. It does have stupid, touchy sensors but its still my favorite and by far the best ride.

Hollwood

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
My family is losing hope with Powder Keg. It was broken down or down for maintenance for a good portion of our 13 day trip. We ended up riding it once. It seems so finicky and unreliable.

Prototypes usually are.

I think thats called a Wild Mouse coaster. Can they turn the spinning on and off? Ive seen some that have the spinning turned off for no reason. Thunderation is a spinning coaster because of the tornado. There is no corkscrews in TNT. If there were, it would go upside down. WF has a corkscrew.

I'm not trying to be mean here... And I want to get to you gently before Swoosh reads this... It really is a good idea to know terminology before making claims and arguing on forums like these. There are Wild Mouse coasters, and Spinning Wild Mouse coasters. TNT has a helix, this does not make it a Spinning Coaster. A Spinning Coaster is defined by the cars and their ability to spin on their chassis. I like you Laroy, your passion reminds me... Of me... But you need to clean things up a little and learn from folks instead of wanting to argue and prove them wrong.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »
Getting back on topic, if they were to develop the midtown/treehouse/potentially even some of the landing area, what would they do? I'm thinking that at this point they would level the woodcutters shop, tree house, and Big Jacks and they would build an entirely new "street" with more dense shopping on either side. One of the buildings could have a fun house in it to replace Grandfather's Mansion.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2015, 04:16:12 PM »
Getting back on topic, if they were to develop the midtown/treehouse/potentially even some of the landing area, what would they do? I'm thinking that at this point they would level the woodcutters shop, tree house, and Big Jacks and they would build an entirely new "street" with more dense shopping on either side. One of the buildings could have a fun house in it to replace Grandfather's Mansion.

I agree that some of the older stuff would need to be replaced. The tree house area would free a ton of space. It would really be nice if this area were revamped we could get a good coffeehouse with indoor and outdoor seating. Maybe have it connected to the mill where you could enjoy your coffee and cinnamon bread together. Not sure what could be done with the old grandfathers Facade. Probably would have to be gutted and maybe it could be home to the historical museum others have talked about. One thing for sure this area does need some love.