Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157155 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
to merge
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »
I've had it with your attitude as well Swoosh. We've been over this time and time again; it gets old. Every time an employee slips you a little nugget of potential info that may or may not be valid you launch into this big superiority complex with everyone else and act all coy for months like you are suddenly some kind of insider. I've been around long enough that I've seen most of those rumors fall flat anyway for one reason or another. I get enough grief from the park and those associated with it over the stuff posted on these boards, and you've always fanned the flames whenever you could. I don't want to deal with it anymore.

We've been posting on the same boards now for what, 10+ years? Your little insider games have gotten you kicked off of practically every enthusiast board except this one... until now.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
to merge
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »
So, our attraction ideas. I'm still waiting for a B&M Wing Coaster.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
to merge
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »
That went south rather quickly.

Why are you guys allowing little comments to accelerate your moods so easily?  Most of us understand Swoosh's and Laroy's personalities.  This world is already in too much turmoil to allow such little things to make us explode.

Heard something from the Wings of Wonder lady?  Let's talk about it without being so superior.  It's never been anything but a speculation game anyway.

Heard something about a five-year plan and want to play games with the way it's revealed?  I'm OK with that, too.  We can talk about your hints and innuendos and have fun with it.

Want to maintain order on the site and stop the petty arguing?  It's all good, but let's be quick to listen, slow to talk, and slow to anger.

We do not have to allow things to escalate to this point though.  I think most of us are here to feel like we have some insider information, but we have to take it all with a grain of salt.  Silver Dollar City is not a mom-and-pop operation any more, and decisions are only made with the short-term bottom line in mind, so we can probably look for the theme to be compromised more and more in the coming years, until the unborn children of the next generation will never know what the theme even was for the first 50 years.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
to merge
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 07:10:32 PM »
^ Well said, HB.

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 07:14:35 PM »
I don't post much but check in often.  I personally enjoy the little nuggets of info Swoosh drops.  I do think he has some insider info and I get a kick out of the speculation it creates.  I think everyone needs to calm down and quit taking themselves so seriously.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 07:16:10 PM »
^ Well said, HB.

I really don't know what to say, Tmboote.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
to merge
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 07:21:31 PM »
^ Well said, HB.

I really don't know what to say, Tmboote.

Me either. We just need to get back on topic.

I don't post much but check in often.  I personally enjoy the little nuggets of info Swoosh drops.  I do think he has some insider info and I get a kick out of the speculation it creates.  I think everyone needs to calm down and quit taking themselves so seriously.

Agreed.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
to merge
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 07:40:43 PM »
I let so much slide on these boards, but I'm not going to sit back and be disrespected like that on my own forums, not after all the discussions we've had on this issue over the years. Swoosh knows better.

There are two reasons why I don't want anyone acting all high and mighty like they know "secret" information that us plebs aren't important enough to be privy to (besides just the general annoyance):

1. It reflects badly on some of the employees when it looks like there's been an info leak and can cause innocent people behind the scenes a lot of grief. After the Outlaw Run announcement leak conundrum I made a decision that this website will work with the interests of the park in mind and refrain from overtly spreading information that isn't supposed to be out there. I've always harped on the difference between speculation and leaks for a reason.

2. Even if there is real information that can be shared or alluded too, it is often wrong or ends up getting changed quickly anyway. We've seen a number of big potential projects come and go, even when the park was on the verge of actual construction. Sometimes it all ends up just being rumors anyway - in fact sometimes certain people that work at the park will even try spread false rumors just to see where they go. Stuff happens and a lot of times it's better to wait for confirmation instead of building up a hype storm/bust cycle that pisses off the PTB.

Now one of the reasons everyone is a bit worked up at this moment is that there are some big scary rumors being whispered around behind the scenes, and at this point I'm fairly sure that it is all either a complete misdirection or simply yet another concept pitch that will end up not happening (probably the former). If it does happen, I'd rather wait for confirmation and respond appropriately one way or another as a community so that our voices are heard and understood instead of starting up a hype storm and potentially loosing all credibility.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:49:00 PM by shavethewhales »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 08:37:25 PM »
Let's all have a frozen lemonade and remain friends.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 08:41:08 PM »
 ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 08:42:12 PM »

And maybe some Kettle Corn, Please.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 08:43:23 PM »

Now one of the reasons everyone is a bit worked up at this moment is that there are some big scary rumors being whispered around behind the scenes, and at this point I'm fairly sure that it is all either a complete misdirection or simply yet another concept pitch that will end up not happening (probably the former). If it does happen, I'd rather wait for confirmation and respond appropriately one way or another as a community so that our voices are heard and understood instead of starting up a hype storm and potentially loosing all credibility.

Dad gum it, you just did it too

Outlaw Run was their own fault, no one hacked that layout leak. We shared what was out there. It's no different when a new Apple product gets had when it goes to FEC for approval. Or Uni project gets found out when plans are submitted to city planning in a city with properly transparent doc management. The Volcano Bay waterpark was know for months on end due to that before announcement.

Now, your post alludes to scary, as in a sale.of the company? Wholesale gutting of theme? Major ride demo to classics we want refreshed not razed? But, now we worry.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 08:46:05 PM »
I find it funny so many get passionate about what may be next on the drawing board. When I worked on park, I never thought about the issue, when I would go out in March each year to pick up my costumes for summer, I'd usually ask my bosses what was new for the year, then I'd swing by where the construction had taken place over winter. Times have changed, lol... :)
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 08:46:44 PM »

Okay!   ;D

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 08:48:40 PM »