Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 157212 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)
« on: July 06, 2015, 10:31:31 PM »
ADMIN EDIT:
Our system of development threads is getting a little convoluted, but perhaps carving one more to the mix will help sort things out a little better.

This thread is for targeted speculation on development projects at SDC past the current year's cycle. Topics such as the "5-year plan" or long term projects are welcome here, but keep rumors/construction talk about the current year's developments in the other thread.

For posting cool attraction concepts or ideas you think would go well in SDC, post here: http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=130.0

For discussion on the current developments, see the current yearly project thread at the top of this board.

Original Post:

When I talked to the Woman running Wings of Wonder yesterday, she heard that they would be making a circle from GE to FL with another guest train crossing across the tracks. I said, I did see construction vehicles over there 1 day, but people said they were just resurfacing the employee parking lot, and they moved the cars back in place once they were finished, so that idea was out for me. She said, well that idea isnt totally out of the picture. I said, that is true. So, the questions are: Are they planning on making a circle here? What rides will be back here? What kind of rides do you think would go nicely here? Where are they moving the Employee Parking to?

She likes my idea of turning HDH into a peaceful park like CC had.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:31:59 PM by shavethewhales »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
to merge
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »
No.
That project isn't even on the radar for the 5 year plan.
Sorry. She was mistaken.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
to merge
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:44 PM »
The appeal of GE and FL for parents is that they only have one entrance/exit for the kids.  Traffic is not so bad in either area that a relief route is needed.  I'm not saying it would never happen, but there are some behind the scenes areas that would have to be moved for this to ever happen, including but not limited to parade staging.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:58:52 AM »
True HB. Swoosh, what 5 year plan? I have only seen 5 year plans for what people on here want or think will happen. I never seen an official 5 year plan from any SDC employee stating exactly what will happen because like people on here have said, They dont want people to know what will happen next until they are ready to start construction.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
to merge
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »
Swoosh knows things that most people don't.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:27:10 AM »
Employees are not privy to strategic capital investment planning.  They are subject to much of the same rumors and armchair dreams as we are.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
to merge
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 12:28:37 PM »
No.
Sorry. She was mistaken.

None of us have any idea what the 5-year plan is. It's time for you to pull back on this "I know something you don't" game again.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:30:02 PM by shavethewhales »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
to merge
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 12:33:15 PM »
No.
Sorry. She was mistaken.

None of us have any idea what the 5-year plan is. It's time for you to pull back on this "I know something you don't" game again.

Even those who "know" don't know, because of how often things change in the amusement park industry.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »
Exactly Tmboote. Shave, what game? There never was a game. All I know is what I hear because I ask the questions that most people dont, like How and Why. Im sure you know just as much as me because you probably ask the same questions as I do, too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:07:50 PM by Laroy »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 01:18:28 PM »
Exactly Tmboote. Shave, what game? There never was a game. All I know is what I hear because I ask the questions that most people dont, like How and Why. Im sure you know just as much as me because you probably ask the same questions as I do, too.

What did the Dippin' Dots stand say?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
to merge
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »
I wasn't talking to you Laroy   ::) Look at who I quoted.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 01:34:50 PM »
oh sorry Shave  ;D lol.

Chittlins, what Dippin Dots guy?? idk who that is
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:36:19 PM by Laroy »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:50 PM »
No.
Sorry. She was mistaken.

None of us have any idea what the 5-year plan is. It's time for you to pull back on this "I know something you don't" game.

Actually there are those here that DO - you're not one of them but that's not my problem.
Get off your high horse Steve.  Your attitude is not needed and definitely wasn't solicited.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 05:10:40 PM »
It's all a game anyway.  Breathe.  Count to 10.  Now that we know everyone's opinions - again - let's get back to the thread.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
to merge
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 05:15:30 PM »
I'm just tired of him contradicting people when has no clue what he is talking about. Several of us posters discussed his attitude this past weekend and several who used to post on here stated that was one of the main reasons they don't post news anymore on here.

It's one thing if he actually knew something but most of the time he doesn't and it gets old

Screw it. I'll just let everyone be blindsided by the news I received. That's the way he wants it. I've had it with him. 
SWOOSH