Author Topic: Future SDC Development Speculation (Long-term)  (Read 159374 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: to merge
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2017, 10:03:39 AM »
Never thought we would need this thread.  ;D I picked up what each abbreviation was pretty quick by using a map. Some I could not figure out because they were hard, so I messaged someone to help me out. Most of us figured them out pretty quick once we joined.

HB, I never thought of Wilsons farm that way, but you do bring up a great point. Where are the Wilsons, or is it just Mr. Wilson himself? There is no statue, cardboard cutout, or character in the area. Is he hiding in the farmers market all day? Also AP (until it is removed/updated) doesnt deserve anything other than a simple, bland name like "the log ride". The ride itself is so bland and boring without the theming anyway.

Mr Wilson?  he is over behind the fence, watching over the top of it.  see his eyes and nose? .  LOL..  (OK,.  Trivia,. what show was that?)

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »
 ;D home improvement

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2017, 10:42:28 AM »
;D home improvement

;D ;D ;D   

And, yes, the Plunge needs help!  IMHO, I thought it was the one of the best themed in the park.  I loved the tunnel and the whirlpool.  So sad to see it in disrepair.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »
;D home improvement

Correct,  Good Job!!   LOL..... :)

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2017, 01:59:28 AM »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2017, 02:11:10 PM »
Love the idea of bringing Roaring falls into the picture and make AP better, but is Roaring Falls still there? I thought someone said it went to another park. Doing almost anything to AP will make it better at this point. Cant get much worse from here....

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2017, 04:21:14 PM »

This part should remain untouched.   The rest can be changed, imho.  I know it's off topic but it was brought up and someone has to stick up for this beautiful scene (and on ride drop!)
Agreed.
The ride needs updated big time, but I like the theme of the American Plunge.  Fits the American summer stuff well.  Just needs some big updates.  Crazy they haven't done it yet.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2017, 02:28:37 PM »
Love the idea of bringing Roaring falls into the picture and make AP better, but is Roaring Falls still there? I thought someone said it went to another park. Doing almost anything to AP will make it better at this point. Cant get much worse from here....

It was there last week I thought when I drove by.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »
Put it in GE and theme it as the exotic Amazon River Rapids.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »

Maybe not that theme but I think GE is a good spot for it. How about the kiddie rides get moved to HDH and then it could go in that culdusac.  They could then close off that area (and ride) during the colder months.  Chute'd'chutes were popular at Expositions so it could work. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »

Maybe not that theme but I think GE is a good spot for it. How about the kiddie rides get moved to HDH and then it could go in that culdusac.  They could then close off that area (and ride) during the colder months.  Chute'd'chutes were popular at Expositions so it could work.

I'm all for that plan.  The theme just fit with the other "exhibits from foreign lands".
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2017, 07:33:12 AM »
Maybe not that theme but I think GE is a good spot for it. How about the kiddie rides get moved to HDH and then it could go in that culdusac.
I would think since the RR is just an ovel that you could break that form and run those boats through a longer track if they wanted putting the drop at the end.  Possibly theme the trip to something that would fit.  A Mine, Float Trip, Swamp Monster ext.  Why keep it short and boring.  Why not do what Six Flags and Cedar point dont do and put some extra time and effort into it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2017, 01:06:05 PM »
Maybe not that theme but I think GE is a good spot for it. How about the kiddie rides get moved to HDH and then it could go in that culdusac.
I would think since the RR is just an ovel that you could break that form and run those boats through a longer track if they wanted putting the drop at the end.  Possibly theme the trip to something that would fit.  A Mine, Float Trip, Swamp Monster ext.  Why keep it short and boring.  Why not do what Six Flags and Cedar point dont do and put some extra time and effort into it.

Interesting idea.  They could do something like Escape From Pompeii. I'm all for ripping out American Plunge and all the leftovers from the Float Trip and doing it right with new animatronics and the such.  It could be the Inventors/Explorers league that Doc Harris is the president of.  A whole new "Inventors/Explorers" section could be made
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2017, 03:24:48 PM »

Interesting idea.  They could do something like Escape From Pompeii. I'm all for ripping out American Plunge and all the leftovers from the Float Trip and doing it right with new animatronics and the such.  It could be the Inventors/Explorers league that Doc Harris is the president of.  A whole new "Inventors/Explorers" section could be made

That whole area of the park need some loving.  The Plunge lot and the walkways around it could really be opened up for better traffic flow to help relieve the main loop.  My dream solution would be a newly build and themed plunge ride behind the current lot (great spot for a drop tower too) and use the current space for a new plaza area for the ride and for WF....and extend the WF path back to PK as a secondary route.  Maybe that helps alleviate the congestion around the lumberjack camp/saloon and create some more spots for retail.....and a possible new link for any additional coasters between/around WF and PK.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2017, 04:42:13 PM »
I know things change all the time but I'm pretty sure the PK/WF connector is coming in the next 5 years or so as that lot between them has been earmarked for a future large ride
SWOOSH