Author Topic: White water 2015 trip review  (Read 7312 times)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
White water 2015 trip review
« on: June 20, 2015, 08:34:57 PM »
Went down for a few hours today.  We got there around 11.  It's been a few years since we've been there.  I like the bathroom redesigns and the fact that there are stalls just for changing.  We always rent a locker.  It works well and we can get a ton of stuff in a standard size locker. 

Our first stop was the wave pool.  It seemed that there aren't nearly as many tubes as past years.  We never did manage to get one.  Then to the lazy river.  Again...not enough tubes.  Lee rode 2 slides but lines were long.  Anna really enjoys the toddler area.  This is the first time the twins have really been old enough to use the kid area.  It is a disappointing area that needs upgraded.  The slides are faded and there isn't enough room for all kids to play.  The food is much better priced and tastes tons better than at Sdc.  Another round through the lazy river and wave pool proved that it was way too crowded to stay any past 2.  When we left, people were creating their own parking spots on the grass. 

We will head back down after July 4!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: White water 2015 trip review
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 09:48:09 PM »
The main reason we gave up buying the combo season passes for White Water and SDC was the lack of tubes at the wave pool and at the lazy river.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
I quit going because everything is uphill.  And if you desire any shade you must pay for a cabana at a ridiculous price.  This is not WW alone, 3 years ago we went to DW Water park and it was the same.  A cabana with a TV  was something like $180 a day.   No free drinks or anything just shade a table and a fan. No admission or breaks on it if you rented a cabana.  Its kind of ridiculous that they don't provide sufficient shade that isn't charged for.  There were some covered areas at WW around the wave pool but I would say that less than %25 of it is shaded.
I know from going to Disney Water Parks that shade can be integrated for free into the design of the parks.  WW really has some catching up to do, maybe its just not a money maker and therefor they are milking it for all its worth knowing they will just sell it off one day.   Whatever the reason it is way behind the other parks I have been to and I have no intention of going back.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:35:37 PM »
That is something that Schlitterbahn has really been working on the last few years.  When it first opened there was literally no shade in the park.  Now there are huge shade structures and lots of large umbrellas.  With how intense the sun gets in the summer here in the Midwest, you HAVE to have shade available for the guests to get out of the sun even for just a little bit
SWOOSH

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 07:49:37 AM »
I don't mind having to climb stairs and hills.  We don't often ride the ohana because the 96 stairs you have to walk to get back up the hill are a killer for kids.  The funny thing about that is they advertise that ride as a family ride almost anyone can ride.we never go for long periods of time because Anna at age 3 just can't handle that.  But they do need to add more shade.  I refuse to pay that nub to rent a cabana for the day. 

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »
Some things I noticed about White Water while I was there yesterday and today:
1. The park looks A LOT nicer this year than it did in 2013.
2. Kapau Plummet- a lot better than I was expecting seeing how short it is. I like that it counts down the drop and I definitely didn't breathe the whole ride.
3. I wish the wave pool waves would be bigger and I wish Aloha River was a little faster.
4. Are the timers on the mat slide ever used?
5. Ohana Falls is too short. (I know that's been said before)
6. I know people have said there aren't enough tubes, but I don't think you would want any more tubes in the river or wave pool.

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »
The timers were used the first season it was open. They broke halfway through the second season and were never fixed.

I've had so many close races between my brother and I that I wish the timers were on for.
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh