Author Topic: 4th of July Events,  (Read 3043 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
4th of July Events,
« on: June 14, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »
a While back we were talking about who and when... 

this posted today on FB.., But doesn't include White Water or Treasure Lake.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: 4th of July Events,
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 11:38:54 PM »
Thanks for posting this. My family is actually looking at spending the 4th of July weekend in Branson, and I'm sure we'll try to make one of these shows.

Anyone have any thoughts on the best one to go to, or how to plan around traffic?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 07:01:57 PM »
I don't know about the 1 best spot....   

But I think on a boat out west of where the Belle is parked would be ideal.. you could watch Chateau and Big cedar at the same time... ;D ;D

Even better, the top deck of the belle while it was about 1/4 mile away from the dock and parked.......

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
What you need to think about when being out on a boat during the fireworks is the boat traffic and waves.  If you don't have a sizable boat, you might not want to try it.  We swore off boating on holidays, but gave in last year, and tried to anchor out near Big Cedar.  It was very difficult, so we finally gave up.  Very hard to anchor and many boats much larger than ours (28 - 35 ft) having as many problems as we did.  During Labor Day weekend, we were boating near the Chateau and didn't know fireworks were planned.  We were in a nearby cove when the boat traffic moved in.  Anchors no longer held and we were soon surrounded by boats of all sizes and no way to get out of the mess.  Had no choice but to wait it out. Hubs spent the next hour adjusting anchor lines and trying to steer clear of nearby boats that almost collided with us.  It was easy to tell the difference between experienced and amateur boaters.  Several nearby larger boats commented that they would never be caught in this mess again.  We agreed with them. Another thing to consider is the boat ramp.  State Park ramp is on the channel and has a very good chop during heavy usage.  There is usually about an hour's wait for your turn at the ramp.  We usually boat until after 11:00 when the ramp is empty and right before the campground locks the gate.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:01:47 PM by Gilligan »