Author Topic: What Would make Miss Mary Smile?  (Read 3337 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
What Would make Miss Mary Smile?
« on: June 11, 2015, 06:21:27 PM »
Switching gears here a bit. As promoters of our beloved SDC I feel we are often far too negative about our haven in the Ozarks. Almost every thread has a negative comment about the PTB and how they don't really know what they're doing with the park's theme. When in my opinion, I think SDC has done a pretty good job staying true to its theme while also doing what they have to do to compete in the industry. Yes, there are things I gripe about but all in all I think the theme is still there.

With that being said, onto the topic. What about SDC today would make Miss Mary smile? What would she be proud of in regards to the park? Is there anything at SDC today that she would have done if she were still with us today? I find it hard to believe that every single new addition to the park would be frowned upon and we are able to say "not in Miss Mary's time." So SDCFans, let's discuss the positives of the park's theme we can find today. 
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: What Would make Miss Mary Smile?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 08:44:17 PM »
I think she would be happy that the park has really paid attention to bringing thrills to all members of the family.  She would definitely like the design of GE and FL where there is only one way in and one way out to help parents keep a better eye on their kids.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 09:05:18 PM »
^True.  She would be happy that "Christianity" is still openly touted, as well.  Where else can either of these two "themes" live and be allowed to thrive but at SDC?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »
Holiday World.
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 11:03:12 PM »
I'll have to check Holiday World out...Good thread idea Coaster. There IS a lot to love about SDC. We will be there the end of this month and we can't wait.
Colorado SDC Fan

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 09:19:50 PM »
Homestead Ridge...Birdle's cabin, McHaffie Homestead, Wilderness Church, Oak Trail Schoolhouse, the Case engine, thr pickers, storyteller, and characters. Pure Ozark!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"